Sponsored

Dealers keep calling me about available Mavericks (Denver metro area)

K5Blazer

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I dont respond to the dealers calls anymore since I already have one and they don’t seem to take me off their list even if I tell them I have one now.

I assume most of them are EB. I have no idea of the markups.

Just wanted to let people know that there seems to be some available if you decide the wait isn’t worth it anymore, or you just need a truck right away.

BTW, I bought my hybrid in April from a dealer in Texas. I paid for delivery, and a markup, but I got a Maverick without waiting. I needed a new vehicle asap though.

Just a thought.
Sponsored

Last edited:

TheSEARCH

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I checked a dealer near me he is showing a discount on a hybrid maverick. Almost a grand. I get my order tomorrow so i didn't bother to call. Makes me wonder why show a discount on it if its an order?

OP
OP
K5Blazer

K5Blazer

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yeah, it makes me wonder if dealers are getting customer delivery refusals, or if the market is really slowing down, or if the markups are just too high now or what?

GreenLady

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeannette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-250 Diesel, 1968 Cadillac Eldorado
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I dont respond to the dealers calls anymore since I already have one and they don’t seem to take me off their list even if I tell them I have one now.

I assume most of them are EB. I have no idea of the markups.

Just wanted to let people know that there seems to be some available if you decide the wait isn’t worth it anymore, or you just need a truck right away.

BTW, I bought my hybrid in April from a dealer in Texas. I paid for delivery, and a markup, but I got a Maverick without waiting. I needed a new vehicle asap though.

Just a thought.
I can’t help but wonder if these were ordered for flipping and it’s already not worthwhile or ‘23s ordered thinking copilot assist was part of the ACC package and turned it down when the customer realized it. Would be some interesting data.

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yeah, it makes me wonder if dealers are getting customer delivery refusals, or if the market is really slowing down, or if the markups are just too high now or what?
Many reasons. Probably most common is buyer can no longer qualify for loan. May have lost job or interest rates too high. Trade broke down and/or interest rates are now too high!

Sponsored

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

This has been covered in numerous threads in recent days/weeks. Folks, the Maverick bubble is pretty much over.

Now, I know someone is going to get on here and tell my I'm crazy, blah, blah, blah.

But I'm not the one who started the thread. This guy is getting multiple calls from multiple dealers because there are Mavericks sitting on lots.

Are prices the same everywhere? Of course not. But what you are seeing is a rapid cooling of the market. No reason to pay over sticker for a Maverick anymore. Just call around and find one at sticker.

OP
OP
K5Blazer

K5Blazer

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Many reasons. Probably most common is buyer can no longer qualify for loan. May have lost job or interest rates too high. Trade broke down and/or interest rates are now too high!
Student loans could factor in as well.
Deadbeats have to pay their tuition.

My main message was that it is possible to buy a Maverick right now, probably not a hybrid though.

OP
OP
K5Blazer

K5Blazer

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No reason to pay over sticker for a Maverick anymore. Just call around and find one at sticker.
I have seen a few at dealers around me. Yesterday I saw a Tremor and a Lariat EB.

They weren’t sticker price! Ka-Ching!

Gschaef

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I had three dealers contact me last week about available Mavericks. And you can find EB’s and Hybrids on dealers websites. Just look at Carmax for example. So there are definitely more available. But the bubble is far from bursting in California. What you will not see anywhere is one at MSRP. Every available Maverick is still priced $5-$10K over. I expect the bubble to hold for EB‘s until 2024 models start appearing late in the year and longer for hybrids. At least out here.

Sponsored
OP
OP
K5Blazer

K5Blazer

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My 2023 base hybrid just showed up a few weeks ago - already sold it carvana for $3500 more than I paid for it.
And all the people here waiting on their hybrids thank you so much for screwing them over.

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

And all the people here waiting on their hybrids thank you so much for screwing them over.
I'm sure he's losing sleep over it.

OP
OP
K5Blazer

K5Blazer

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I‘m just trying to keep these jerks from boasting about it.

For too long people have congratulated them on their dealings, not even thinking through the repercussions of their own orders in waiting.

These people should be the pariah of these forums, not made to feel welcome. If I was waiting on a Maverick and somebody shoved me back in line so that they could flip a truck that could have been mine I would be pretty upset.

Which one of you people are still waiting for your truck because of people like this proud, greedy, flipper?

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee ** 2023 Mav FX/4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The market is slowing down. Largest GMC dealer in the state is loaded with trucks. Overflow lot almost half full now. Been a while since I have seen that. Dealers are loaded with F-150's and same with Chevy and Dodge. Isn't Dodge advertising 9K off trucks?

Repos and interest rates are way up and are not close to peaking.

Could not care less about resale value if and when I get my Maverick. Last truck for me.

Fcnrwy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL Area 51
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Guess, your right.
I just checked Carvava, before doing my daily stop to see the latest topics, here.

There are 182 listed, near the Milwaukee Area. Prices are coming down.
But still in the mid $30,000s.

Still Glad, I got mine... 243 days an counting... :cool:

Jerry
Sponsored