First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Mariner 85 Ranger 97 T-bird 87 Sable
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nice CD fees up that way! They are greedy as hell in this part of Georgia and Alabama.
Fleet manager in Columbus, Ga wanted $450! I almost burst out laughing. Before he'd get that out of me, I would drive 200 miles and save $250 minus gas . lol
Or just fly up to Philadelphia for $65 and drive back.

I have four dealers in my area. Prices range from $300 to $450.
I'll most likely go with the lowest bidder here.
One GOOD thing about driving is that you can break your engine in a lot better than normal short drive home followed by normal use. If you do drive, consider driving at various speeds for, say, 10 minutes and then shifting to higher or lower speed for a while. You can also accelerate to a higher speed, and then relax the throttle, which will essentially raise manifold vacuum and hopefully pull a bit of oil up onto the cylinder walls. The change in engine load, vacuum higher than cruise, and then back to some cruise speed can have a benficial effect. I did that, driving from IN to CA, in my Sable wagon. Now has 250k with the engine essentially untouched. FWIW.
tom
Sponsored

grumpyunk

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Her number is 2 posts above you, I believe her title is leasing officer.

Wade Ford in Smyrna $200. Ask for Val Hill, 678-385-3435.
There must be something wrong with my browser(or eyes) as I could not find a previous post by you in this thread. I DID miss the info you just pointed out to me. For some reason(brain?) I was looking for the original post that had been quoted and then did not remember the info was there.... or didn't comprehend. As usual. Getting old is not easy, recommended vs the alternative, but all those promises of 'Golden Years' may have been the cloudy vision caused by cataracts or dirty lenses...
Vertical and above ground, works for me!
tom

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HCH2, Hybrid XLT on order
There must be something wrong with my browser(or eyes) as I could not find a previous post by you in this thread. I DID miss the info you just pointed out to me. For some reason(brain?) I was looking for the original post that had been quoted and then did not remember the info was there.... or didn't comprehend. As usual. Getting old is not easy, recommended vs the alternative, but all those promises of 'Golden Years' may have been the cloudy vision caused by cataracts or dirty lenses...
Vertical and above ground, works for me!
tom
No worries, I have to read things upside down since a brain tumour. Drives other people crazy till I read it out loud. We do what we have to to get by.

I don’t know if I look forward to my prejected lifespan or if I want to go be like my grandparents to be close to 100. 3 years vs 50, do what I can to make the 3 count and take the rest as a blessing.

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So you are driving an extra 30 minutes and spending an extra 50$, shrug at least you can go to the mall, I went with Wade ford in Smyrna so avoid atl traffic, save an hour round trip and use that $50 elsewhere, but its not nearly the issue as paying what our local dealers wanted.

Val is the leasing officer at Wade should you opt to change.

grumpyunk

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So you are driving an extra 30 minutes and spending an extra 50$, shrug at least you can go to the mall, I went with Wade ford in Smyrna so avoid atl traffic, save an hour round trip and use that $50 elsewhere, but its not nearly the issue as paying what our local dealers wanted.

Val is the leasing officer at Wade should you opt to change.
I am checking with Steve / Tom and plan to talk to Val on Monday AM. In July finding a dealer to do a CD was 'different'. The one right down the road a few miles said that they will not do them at all. FWIW they should figure out they're not going to get a sale with their attitude about ADM on product. I've seen it there too much.
Ce sera, sera, I guess. I figure my add-ons will put me down the road some time in the future. Nothing special, but must be something with people ordering in August getting ahead of those who ordered in June/July. What. Ever.
tom

Sponsored

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am checking with Steve / Tom and plan to talk to Val on Monday AM. In July finding a dealer to do a CD was 'different'. The one right down the road a few miles said that they will not do them at all. FWIW they should figure out they're not going to get a sale with their attitude about ADM on product. I've seen it there too much.
Ce sera, sera, I guess. I figure my add-ons will put me down the road some time in the future. Nothing special, but must be something with people ordering in August getting ahead of those who ordered in June/July. What. Ever.
tom
don’t get me wrong, I have no reason to doubt the excellece of MoG, just Wade is so much closer and cheaper.

grumpyunk

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
don’t get me wrong, I have no reason to doubt the excellece of MoG, just Wade is so much closer and cheaper.
{in Vermont voice} a-yup.

Had I known of their flexibility in accepting CD, would have gone there first. Just got shot down by multiple dealers and gave up. GApeach found the MoG fleet manager, Alex, and I latched onto that. I know me. I cannot wrangle a deal better than this. My newest(used) vehicle is 14 years old(WOW!! How did that happen.. where did the time go?), and the oldest two are 1985 and an 1987. Wife has a 20 year old T-bird that looks like it just came off the showroom floor, but I REALLY don't like it at all. Un-comfortable sitting on the floor, it seems.
tom

George Ellis

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-350 DRW CC Diesel Lariat
I saw "Courtesy" in the title and thought it was going to be about Courtesy Ford in Conyers... Nope. :)

I am ordering from Chestatee Ford between Dawsonville and Dahlonega myself. Just up the road and pretty straight forward. Still has a doc fee, but cheaper than in Cumming.

grumpyunk

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
RK have you had any action on your order?
Got any comments?
tom
Sponsored

Last edited: