First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1967 Shelby GT500, 1999 Ford Windstar
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That's exactly what I thought would happen. People ordering (refundable) wish list vehicles or paying too much for new and used vehicles due to "market conditions", then the market tanks and people back out of orders when they can't afford due to interest rates, gas, and in general a piss-poor economy. This will leave dealers with the bag and stuck with in some cases a large supply of vehicles they can't sell anymore due to market conditions. I really don't feel sorry for these dealers either. They should have been trying to move them all along instead of adding fees. I have a Hybrid on order, but I may actually be able to buy one below MSRP in the next few months as dealers try to move inventory off the lot.
I think the hybrid Mav will still be difficult to get this year. Demand is very high with low supply. Ecoboost will be on dealer lots this coming Spring, hopefully without mark up.
Sponsored

jcartwright99

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That's exactly what I thought would happen. People ordering (refundable) wish list vehicles or paying too much for new and used vehicles due to "market conditions", then the market tanks and people back out of orders when they can't afford due to interest rates, gas, and in general a piss-poor economy. This will leave dealers with the bag and stuck with in some cases a large supply of vehicles they can't sell anymore due to market conditions. I really don't feel sorry for these dealers either. They should have been trying to move them all along instead of adding fees. I have a Hybrid on order, but I may actually be able to buy one below MSRP in the next few months as dealers try to move inventory off the lot.
Exactly this. Things are going south fast. Not trying to be negative but economy is in for a down turn with guaranteed Fed rate hike over the next 6-12 months. People finding out cars they were trading in a year ago are now worth way less. Some on here won't be effected, will think this isn't the case. Just watch for the, "I'm walking away from my order" posts as we are already starting to see them.

JimParker256

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Area 51 Hybrid FE, 2014 Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

It's completely laughable when someone pays $4, $5, or more for "brown water" at "$tarbuck$" yet millions of people pony up every day.

Completely insane. Completely illogical.

🤣
But is ironic that buck$ is actually in the name, as in you are paying big bucks for mostly water.
Crazier still, Starbuck$ offers an "Americano" that is basically espresso mixed 50% with hot water. And they charge almost twice as much for the Americano as for an Espresso! It's crazy, but I've seen lots of people ordering them!

(And yeah, I have to admit that I do purchase an occasional cup of coffee from Starbucks, usually while on the road. It is definitely over-priced, but it is at least consistent. I don't think their coffee is great, but it's never awful... Unlike gas-station coffee, which can be surprisingly good or just flat-out terrible.)

sanpablo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1967 Shelby GT500, 1999 Ford Windstar
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Exactly this. Things are going south fast. Not trying to be negative but economy is in for a down turn with guaranteed Fed rate hike over the next 6-12 months. People finding out cars they were trading in a year ago are now worth way less. Some on here won't be effected, will think this isn't the case. Just watch for the, "I'm walking away from my order" posts as we are already starting to see them.
I placed my original order 10/13/21. Received VIN, build date, yada yada yada lol
Have a 23 build day of 1/16, we will see how that goes. Hopefully Private offer should be good, will help for sure. Higher interest rate is a concern of course but as long as it gets built soon I'm still good. If hybrid can't be built I'm just not sure about an EB, don't like the turbo.

I just calculated the difference in interest rates between last year and next year and it's about $45 a month difference at 60 months, ouch! but doable

Last edited:

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 99 E150 Clb Wgn, 23 Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

FWIW,
My neighbor has a year old Ridgeline. The flat bed, bed trunk, interior space is all far better than maverick.

Down side is it gives 18 miles to the gallon in city.
That's not acceptable for me. My AWD mav gives 25 in city
95% of my driving is city driving, and the reason only the hybrid makes sense to me. I would never consider a Ridgeline. Hated them since they came out. I'd buy an F150 over that. To me Rangers are just as ugly as a Ridgeline, so they are out too. I have a full size van for hauling large things when needed. I have a High Performance car. what's missing from my garage is great daily mpg. The main reason I ordered a Maverick. Also, I am not a fan of the tiny awkward bed of the Santa Cruz, and not a fan of the styling. I'd never buy an SUV, and both the SC and RL look too much like one.

Sponsored

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Saw my first TV commercial with a Maverick last night.

Wasn't from Ford. It was from a local dealer stating "We have lots of stock to choose from right now and we never charge over MSRP". When showing their "inventory" a Maverick was one.

One thing they are doing is 0% APR and/or $1500 to $2500 off MSRP on select models.
I think Edge, Escape, and F-150 have cash off rebates. Not Mav of course but Mav was in a commercial!

And they have several Broncos in stock.
Just a matter of time for Mavericks.

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

They don't have a Mav.
But never over MSRP seems ironclad.

A_Turkey_Sammich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150
Engine
Undecided
I have yet to spot a single new one of any type on a lot within 100mi of me. There are several used ones at crazy high prices though, ranging from low 30’s to high $40’s! While some of them are obviously flips with mileage in the hundreds, a lot of them have 10-20k+ miles asking for the same kind of money.

if/when/how much those actually sell for vs listings is one thing, but clearly, light at the end of the tunnel as far as availability and decent prices go is not in sight yet.

Scott Asheville

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 AWD XLT ECO LUX CP360 HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Our local dealership lots are overflowing with elven unicorns that pee wine and poop gold. Hurry down to get yours before they're gone.

jcartwright99

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
In the large Ford dealership group in my area, they have stood by at least 5k over MSRP for any car on the lot(not orders). They have started to negotiate over the past couple months on Edges, Explorers, Escapes, and F150 of the 2022 MY. Most still pay MSRP or a little more for those models. Any other model, good luck. In the metro Chicago area people have paid it. I've been watching their inventory and it's growing.

Here is an example of a 2022 Maverick for 6k over sticker(1 non order). Pretty sure it has been there for a while. I've bought 3 cars at that dealer group, pre-pandemic. They won't see another penny from me. I know it won't affect them because people will still pay it. Eventually they will start to see the light and pretend they weren't bending people over and colluding with other large dealers on pricing. I won't forget.
Ford Maverick Mavericks Accumulating At Dealers Maverick.JPG

Sponsored

dhill59

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT, 2014 MX5 Club
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

What I don't see listed on the window sticker is Cruise Control. Is this yet another thing Ford advertised but didn't deliver?

Attachments

gwrace14651

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

The dealer here in TX where my son bought his 22 eco xlt with fx4 and tow package had several on the lot, all at 5K markup. We managed to talk his down to MSRP with a little bit of tough negotiations.

JamesC

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Mustang GT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Crazier still, Starbuck$ offers an "Americano" that is basically espresso mixed 50% with hot water. And they charge almost twice as much for the Americano as for an Espresso! It's crazy, but I've seen lots of people ordering them!

(And yeah, I have to admit that I do purchase an occasional cup of coffee from Starbucks, usually while on the road. It is definitely over-priced, but it is at least consistent. I don't think their coffee is great, but it's never awful... Unlike gas-station coffee, which can be surprisingly good or just flat-out terrible.)
I buy Americanos so I checked out of curiosity, its 11% more at my local Starbucks. But yeah, adding water shouldn’t cost more.

ap007

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The dealer here in TX where my son bought his 22 eco xlt with fx4 and tow package had several on the lot, all at 5K markup. We managed to talk his down to MSRP with a little bit of tough negotiations.
Can you share the dealership name please?

JimParker256

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Area 51 Hybrid FE, 2014 Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

What I don't see listed on the window sticker is Cruise Control. Is this yet another thing Ford advertised but didn't deliver?
The window sticker (Atlas Blue XL Hybrid) doesn't match the ad (Area 51 XLT Eco AWD), so maybe your wires got crossed somewhere along the line?
Sponsored