Sponsored

Dealers keep calling me about available Mavericks (Denver metro area)

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Not on hybrids I bet
Not sure. I have my Maverick so it's not like I'm watching daily. I did, however, see a hybrid Maverick posted this week on a Facebook group that had only a $2,500 markup. It was available at Long-McArthur Ford in Salina, Kan., and they also offered to cover up to $1,000 in travel/shipping costs if you financed through the dealership.

I imagine you could have negotiated the $2,500 markup down somewhat if you were seriously interested. Again, a motivated buyer with cash in hand or a good credit score and approved financing has the most leverage. Some tire kicker on the Internet (me) isn't going to get the "best offer."
Sponsored

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

As for other dealers, I have generally seen dealer markups on Mavericks decline from the standard $7,500 to a standard $5,000 to a now standard $2,500.

The order banks for MY24 Mavericks has now been open for MORE THAN A MONTH. So, if that isn't an indication that the frenzied pace of Maverick demand is slowing, I don't know what it.

It is also a pretty good disincentive for anyone to pay a crazy markup on a Maverick. Other than the eliminating the wait, why pay thousands more today for a truck you can order from your local Ford dealer and pay sticker when it arrives?

Yes, I am WELL AWARE of the difficulty Ford has had in building Mavericks in the past. I waited 11 months for my truck. However, the likelihood of waits like that being the norm going forward are slim. I'd say most Maverick customers will probably receive their trucks in the 6-month time frame. Obviously, some sooner and some later.