Dealer forcing engine change or cancellation of order

ITSATRUCK

First Name
TIM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MAVERICK
Something wrong. Also I would ask why do they have to cancel it? If its not coming in its not coming in. My guess as others is they want your hybrid and a new eco sale.

Edit^ guy above me is expert. What he said.

OP
OP
Th0garr

Th0garr

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Called Ford CS, explained situation, she pulled up my order confirmation and vin number. We called the Dealer together, got it all squared away.
-
Supposed the sales manager had the salesmen calling people looking to order the hybrid past the cutoff that it was no longer available and they would have to alter or cancel there order. I somehow ended up in that call log despite already being given a VIN#
-
Ford CS told me this was the first time she had ever heard of something like this.
-
Hopefully all is settled and I actually receive the truck 😅

Espeer

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 focus, 2003 expedition
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Called Ford CS, explained situation, she pulled up my order confirmation and vin number. We called the Dealer together, got it all squared away.
-
Supposed the sales manager had the salesmen calling people looking to order the hybrid past the cutoff that it was no longer available and they would have to alter or cancel there order. I somehow ended up in that call log despite already being given a VIN#
-
Ford CS told me this was the first time she had ever heard of something like this.
-
That sounds like a load of BS. They thought they had a way to make a few grand and got caught. So, they made up this lie.

Sponsored

Aza

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

-
-
-
Glad you got it worked out!

Hdang1980

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
For a minute there I thought the dealer may have never entered in your order into the ROVP portal and that's why your order got canceled, and then they were trying to cover their asses with a lame story.

8211badger

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda fit
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sounds like they want you to change to Eco boot so they can put in that order, then when your hybrid comes in, sell it at a premium or already have someone that says they will pay more for it.
Was going to say this but figured I'd scroll a bit. They want that sweet sweet hybrid markup. Esp in the chicago area someone will pay. I'm so thankful the clueless dudes at my dealership somehow managed to do everything right. No contact and they forgot who I was the three times I've been back in person. But the mav is shipped

8211badger

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda fit
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
-
-
-
No way I buy that. They were looking for the scam. Keep an eye on their website for "canceled hybrids" to see how many people it worked on

brnpttmn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
-
-
-
Glad you got it sorted.

Sponsored

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That sounds like a load of BS. They thought they had a way to make a few grand and got caught. So, they made up this lie.
You might be right.

But then it might be that they failed to submit a bunch of hybrid orders before the cutoff (or took orders after the cutoff) and now they are flailing around trying to get themselves out of the situation.

The OP could have been accidentally caught up in that whirlwind as collateral damage.

RRJJINTN

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick lariat first edition awd
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I got a call not even 5 minutes ago from Fair Oaks Ford in Naperville, IL telling me that I have to either change the engine from the Hybrid to the EcoBoost option or cancel the order altogether.
I placed my order on July 31st, received confirmation shortly after. And my build week was pushed off to Dec 6th.
Very confusing, trying to figure out if this is legitimate or just scummy sales once again.
Dont change your order,talk to the owner of the dealership

Sjbuck2021

Banned
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Frontier /2018 Acura RDX
Dont change your order,talk to the owner of the dealership
Go to dealership web site and write a scathing review. These are immediately sent to
the general manager. They will be contacting you within 5 minutes.

FirstFord

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was going to order from Fair Oaks, until they told me I couldn't order until the end of July when ordering started in June....Shady dealership. Funny thing is, they called me this afternoon asking if i was still interested in ordering a mav.
I try to assume the best motives for people until evidence proves otherwise, but this is not looking good.
Sponsored