Espeer

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 focus, 2003 expedition
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I try to assume the best motives for people until evidence proves otherwise, but this is not looking good.
For people, sure. It's arguable if car dealers are accurately classified as such.
Sponsored

Down

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick/02 Z06 Vette
For a minute there I thought the dealer may have never entered in your order into the ROVP portal and that's why your order got canceled, and then they were trying to cover their asses with a lame story.
I mean, it sounds like they still tried to cover their asses with a lame story, just not the exact same lame story you guessed.

You were damn close and no one can take that away from ya! :LOL:

zBernie

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Sonata
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I got a call not even 5 minutes ago from Fair Oaks Ford in Naperville, IL telling me that I have to either change the engine from the Hybrid to the EcoBoost option or cancel the order altogether.
I placed my order on July 31st, received confirmation shortly after. And my build week was pushed off to Dec 6th.
Very confusing, trying to figure out if this is legitimate or just scummy sales once again.
Did you receive your order confirmation email from Ford? If so you should be good to go. If not, the dealer probably did not submit the order. In either case I would let Ford customer service know. I think what's going on here are shady dealers are realizing they can make more money selling ordered Mavericks right off of their lots!

Ford:
800-334-4375

OP
OP
Th0garr

Th0garr

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Called Ford CS, explained situation, she pulled up my order confirmation and vin number. We called the Dealer together, got it all squared away.
-
Supposed the sales manager had the salesmen calling people looking to order the hybrid past the cutoff that it was no longer available and they would have to alter or cancel there order. I somehow ended up in that call log despite already being given a VIN#
-
Ford CS told me this was the first time she had ever heard of something like this.
-
Hopefully all is settled and I actually receive the truck šŸ˜…
To those that may see this, I had to forfeit my order due to unforeseen financial issues. Fair Oaks Ford in Naperville, IL will be receiving a Lariat Hybrid in Cactus Grey at some point in January of 2022, my window sticker MSRP at the time was $29,315, I am sure they'll mark it up.

options:
Floor Liners - all weather tray style
Spray in Bedliner
Hard rollup tonneau cover
CoPilot 360

Hopefully I can pick one up later in 2022 should things smooth over o_O

Attachments

Sponsored

MrKombi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You do know that you can buy the truck and immediately resell it for THOUSANDS over what you paidā€¦ā€¦ right?

That would probably help your unforeseen financial situationā€¦..

Or just post on this board that someone can have your reservation for $1000-$2000. There are literally thousands and thousands of people in the USA who are willing to pay over MSRP to avoid the wait.

Last edited:

aswistak

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick XLT | '06 F150 Lariat-taking offers;)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You do know that you can buy the truck and immediately resell it for THOUSANDS over what you paidā€¦ā€¦ right?

That would probably help your unforeseen financial situationā€¦..

Or just post on this board that someone can have your reservation for $1000-$2000. There are literally thousands and thousands of people in the USA who are willing to pay over MSRP to avoid the wait.
Totally agree... Carmax had a used Lariat for $16K over MSRP! Buy it and sell it!
Sponsored