Dealer forcing engine change or cancellation of order

Th0garr

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
I got a call not even 5 minutes ago from Fair Oaks Ford in Naperville, IL telling me that I have to either change the engine from the Hybrid to the EcoBoost option or cancel the order altogether.
I placed my order on July 31st, received confirmation shortly after. And my build week was pushed off to Dec 6th.
Very confusing, trying to figure out if this is legitimate or just scummy sales once again.
Sponsored

FirstFord

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sounds like bullshit to me! Certainly not consistent with any info we've seen from Tim (@fordvideoguy).

My order is same date as yours but I have not received a build date. I sure haven't heard anything similar from my dealer.

I can't imagine why your dealer would be motivated to manipulate you into making a change. Hopefully just a misunderstanding on his part that will be cleared up.

brnpttmn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sounds like they're trying to scam you. Since your hybrid is scheduled I imagine they're trying to get you to cancel so they can get/resale at markup the hybrid and make a new order for an EB. Call ford customer service to ensure there's no issue with your order, and then tell the sales associate to eat shit and give you your hybrid when it comes.

ITSATRUCK

First Name
TIM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MAVERICK
You have to change it or YOU have to cancel? What if you do nothing and let it ride. Nothing in there about Ford canceling order.

OP
OP
Th0garr

Th0garr

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Sounds like they're trying to scam you. Since your hybrid is scheduled I imagine they're trying to get you to cancel so they can get/resale at markup the hybrid and make a new order for an EB. Call ford customer service to ensure there's no issue with your order, and then tell the sales associate to eat shit and give you your hybrid when it comes.
Would you happen to have the phone number for Ford CS?

Sponsored

olderbudwiser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lincoln Corsair, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I got a call not even 5 minutes ago from Fair Oaks Ford in Naperville, IL telling me that I have to either change the engine from the Hybrid to the EcoBoost option or cancel the order altogether.
I placed my order on July 31st, received confirmation shortly after. And my build week was pushed off to Dec 6th.
Very confusing, trying to figure out if this is legitimate or just scummy sales once again.
There are few threads in here with good 800 numbers to call. I would do that. I agree sounds like dealer wants your hybrid to mark up $$$$$$$

FriscoTXJoe

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Sales guy want his money earlier is what this sounds like.

OP
OP
Th0garr

Th0garr

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
You have to change it or YOU have to cancel? What if you do nothing and let it ride. Nothing in there about Ford canceling order.
I have to change the order or they will cancel it, is what was stated to me

brnpttmn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Would you happen to have the phone number for Ford CS?
Sorry. I don't have the numbers at the ready, but I believe they've been posted a number of times on this forum.

Sponsored

DanMav1701

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Equinox
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sounds like they want you to change to Eco boot so they can put in that order, then when your hybrid comes in, sell it at a premium or already have someone that says they will pay more for it.

FirstFord

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sounds like they want you to change to Eco boot so they can put in that order, then when your hybrid comes in, sell it at a premium or already have someone that says they will pay more for it.
I really hope that isn't the case. That would be off the charts sleazy.

vezpa

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
EMG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many to list.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
They are jagging you around.

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Geeeezzz. Who Knows. Absolutely Guessing. But possibly:
1. Maybe you order was not finalized properly but since you got confirmation and build week pushed this is not at all likely.
2. Did you have option that could not happen like maybe AWD HYBRID? Have to call Ford and see what happened, I think.
3. What if Ford has oversold hybrid drive trains and for some reason you were the first to be asked? (Not likely to happen, but maybe they asked you to switch because they don't have hybrid scheduling time available. Again who knows. Call Ford.
4. By all means let us know!

jhud042002

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hyb XLT, lux (drop in) oxford white
I was going to order from Fair Oaks, until they told me I couldn't order until the end of July when ordering started in June....Shady dealership. Funny thing is, they called me this afternoon asking if i was still interested in ordering a mav.
Sponsored

Last edited: