First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have a MY23 EB order. So, I am not impacted by this or likely future concerns. But this is still very interesting. Appreciate you going through all this effort when you could just as easily just let Ford handle the heat directly.

Vince30

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Ford Maverick and some motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I'm glad they are working on a way to keep orders in place as they run out of time to actually make 22s, instead of pulling the rug out of those who can't be built like I feared could have been a possibility. Really my only concerns are -

- Will a 22 Lariat Lux that gets rolled to a 23 have the CP360 Assist added on automatically, or is that something that a dealer would be able to add after it gets in? Seems like it would be a little more involved to do later as opposed to a spray in bed liner.

- What happens with the price and financing increases that come along with a 23s? Since they automatically roll over without a new purchase agreement signed, could that mean the price and rates at order will still be honored? Or is that being a bit too optimistic?

MvrkECWI

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, Crosstrek
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Interested to see how the local dealership handles this. Not a peep from mine. Imagine those who don't check in on the forum. Living in blissful ignorance. Lucky.

Shakesbear

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
J. R.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat AWD, FX4, 4K, Lux, no CP360 assist
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm glad they are working on a way to keep orders in place as they run out of time to actually make 22s, instead of pulling the rug out of those who can't be built like I feared could have been a possibility. Really my only concerns are -

- Will a 22 Lariat Lux that gets rolled to a 23 have the CP360 Assist added on automatically, or is that something that a dealer would be able to add after it gets in? Seems like it would be a little more involved to do later as opposed to a spray in bed liner.

- What happens with the price and financing increases that come along with a 23s? Since they automatically roll over without a new purchase agreement signed, could that mean the price and rates at order will still be honored? Or is that being a bit too optimistic?
Way too optimistic ;) Those of us who already had to roll to 2023's lost any finance/price protection from our original orders. Ford did throw us a bone with the "Private offer of $1750 for an EB, but you can kiss any cheap finance rates goodbye.
Sponsored