Brady
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Explorer XLT, '06 Escape Hybrid, '04 Expy
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hi all,

First time poster here bringing a little cross contamination over from the Bronco6G forums. My wife and I have had a Bronco reservation since 7/17/2020 with no VIN in sight and we're about ready to get off the roller coaster there for a multitude of reasons. I've been thinking about a Maverick for months and know there's some wait time for them, but I wanted to see what the general wait time has been like. Some quick reading shows me it seems to be about 8-9 months from order to delivery. Is this holding true?

My wife and I are keeping our 250k mile '04 Expedition on life support and I'm ready for it to go (along with my Mustang, which never gets driven). Suffice to say we thought we'd have our Bronco over a year ago, and now that gas is $5/gal, I'm not super stoked on getting it anymore. Luckily our old FEH is still kicking.

I must be a glutton for punishment waiting for Fords; just not sure if I am willing to subject myself to another 2+ year wait to no avail.

Thanks!
Sponsored

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Hi all,

First time poster here bringing a little cross contamination over from the Bronco6G forums. My wife and I have had a Bronco reservation since 7/17/2020 with no VIN in sight and we're about ready to get off the roller coaster there for a multitude of reasons. I've been thinking about a Maverick for months and know there's some wait time for them, but I wanted to see what the general wait time has been like. Some quick reading shows me it seems to be about 8-9 months from order to delivery. Is this holding true?

My wife and I are keeping our 250k mile '04 Expedition on life support and I'm ready for it to go (along with my Mustang, which never gets driven). Suffice to say we thought we'd have our Bronco over a year ago, and now that gas is $5/gal, I'm not super stoked on getting it anymore. Luckily our old FEH is still kicking.

I must be a glutton for punishment waiting for Fords; just not sure if I am willing to subject myself to another 2+ year wait to no avail.

Thanks!
No one can answer that questions for you, however, if you want Bronco, wait and get it.

Scupking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You won't be able to order a Maverick until the order bank opens up again around August 16th. They are all sold out for 2022. I would say 6-12 months is the typical wait time. Mine has shipped and I should get it next month. Almost a 12 month wait for me.

OP
OP

10Terp

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brady
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You won't be able to order a Maverick until the order bank opens up again around August 16th. They are all sold out for 2022. I would say 6-12 months is the typical wait time. Mine has shipped and I should get it next month. Almost a 12 month wait for me.
Thanks. I should have mentioned I'm on our dealer's waitlist to place an order in August. I'm eyeing up an XLT with a few options.

DucFae

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Maverick; Moto - Scrambler UE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've been scheduled for production since April, and the production date continues to get pushed out. I ordered August of last year.

Sponsored

OP
OP

10Terp

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brady
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No one can answer that questions for you, however, if you want Bronco, wait and get it.
We both still want the Bronco because we've waited so long and are emotionally invested in it, but there's no end in sight. Even *if* we were to get a VIN and production date, the production dates (as you all know) slip for months and then they sit on a Ford lot for 6 months after they're built waiting on chips. We are at the point where we need a new reliable car, so we're actually thinking of cancelling the Bronco order and getting an Explorer. The Maverick would be for me (would trade the Mustang + Escape in on it); the price/mpg/utility ratio is too amazing to pass up.

Luckily our old Escape hybrid is still kicking, but it's only one HV battery or one HCU repair away from being totaled.

Redneck Garage

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.theredneckgarage.com
Vehicle(s)
10 Wrangler 22 Lexus 22 Maverick 23 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Mine shipped yesterday looks like a 11 1/2 month wait total until delivery

jeffrol48197

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Explorer, 2009 Focus, 2019 Explorer
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered within the first two weeks last summer, and received my hybrid in January, so wait time will vary...

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
There is no 1-size-fits-all answer for Maverick wait times. Some incredibly lucky folks have got them in around 3 months, and others have been roughly 1 year. No identifiable, reliable pattern to how Ford decides to build and ship them. Have you investigated buying a Maverick (goes for Bronco too) that a customer refused to take delivery on? That has worked well for a good few people that dig in and keep hammering away at the goal until they come up with 1. Also, there are occasionally units sitting on lots- the wild card in buying is if any dealer will sell for MSRP without crazy markups.

Also, re; Bronco, my small rural town dealer seems to always have 1-2 on their lot for sale and they typically sell at MSRP, so maybe go that route before cancelling your order and see what happens over a couple months...

Good Luck!

OP
OP

10Terp

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brady
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There is no 1-size-fits-all answer for Maverick wait times. Some incredibly lucky folks have got them in around 3 months, and others have been roughly 1 year. No identifiable, reliable pattern to how Ford decides to build and ship them. Have you investigated buying a Maverick (goes for Bronco too) that a customer refused to take delivery on? That has worked well for a good few people that dig in and keep hammering away at the goal until they come up with 1. Also, there are occasionally units sitting on lots- the wild card in buying is if any dealer will sell for MSRP without crazy markups.

Also, re; Bronco, my small rural town dealer seems to always have 1-2 on their lot for sale and they typically sell at MSRP, so maybe go that route before cancelling your order and see what happens over a couple months...

Good Luck!
Thanks for the input! Unfortunately we live in the mess of the suburbs of DC, so every dealer that has a Bronco on their lot is charging at least $15K markup. At that point I'd rather just wait for ours to come. There are several dealers who have Maverick lot stock but are also charging pretty crazy markups ($10K+). In my view, the amazing price of these trucks is a large part of what makes them appealing, so I'd rather order and wait.

I have not gone down the route of trying to snag an unsold abandoned order yet.

Sponsored

Area51BS

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I wouldn’t pay 10k over msrp for the Maverick. I would be very disappointed if I did. I love it my Lariat, but it’s not fast enough, quiet enough, big enough, outfitted enough to pay 40K.

olderbudwiser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lincoln Corsair, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hi all,

Thanks!
If you read through enough threads you will see some people getting non hybrids mavericks sooner. Depends on location and options.

I want to say there were some posts of January orders delivered. Non hybrid.

rclee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Maverick Lux,A51,Hybrid,Rear Slider.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

What do you have to lose? Make your reservation and if you don't want or need it just walk away.

n0maverick

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tiguan, 2022 Maverick, 2013 Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
10.5 months. No way I'd ever do this fiasco again. If you need a vehicle I'd look elsewhere IMO.

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Depends on what you order. AFAIK there are june 2020 hybrid orders still unfilled. My ecoboost looks to be 9 months from order to delivery but that remains to be seen. There are still a bunch of constraints. I had to drop the spray in bed liner and copilot 360 to ensure it would get scheduled.

The picture might be completely different for 2023. I'd keep the bronco order and place a maverick order when the book reopens, then just take whatever comes first.
Sponsored