First Name
Digger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cyber Orange Maverick Hybrid Lariat Lux w/360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So many here are ranting about dealers doing ADM for vehicles that were not bought by the customer that ordered. Are these dealers just following what the markey price is for a vehicle that was not wanted by a customer?

So here is my set up. I bought 2 Hybrid Mavericks. Ordered a second one because I was not sure which color I really wanted. Since it cost me nothing to place the order I felt like why not? Place both orders mid to late August.

Started following these forums and saw the huge demand and the long wait time and decided not to cancel either order no matter what.

Fast forward to mid May. Got my first Mav. Cyber Orange Latiat Lux. Price protected and 0% intrest locked in. LOVE the color. I know I could have done better on price but when I ordered I had no idea of how to work the deal best. Paid MSRP that was posted at the time of order. All things considered I am happy. Adding lots of goodies and loving the ride.

Now early June and I get a call that my 2nd order, from a different dealer, is ready to pick up. I had learned a bit by the time I ordered this one so I got invoice pricing and doc fees were included with that price. Came in about 1500 under time of order MSRP.

So guess what? I am doing exactly what the dealers would do. I paid cash for the Mav and have a Carvana offer for $7,000 over my out the door sales price.
Selling dealer offered to facilitate a private sale at about the same numbers. Once the title process is complete this Mav will be sold for a good profit.

Who here would not do the same given the chance? I really want you to put yourself in the dealers shoes and mine as well. Dealer did nothing wrong. Has vehicle on hand and market price has gone higher. As with me the dealer is taking advantage of the market.

Some dealers are screwing with folks to get them to cancel orders and such. I am not talking about those unethical types. Many and maybe most dealers are just trying to do what they can to get by, just like most of us.

So again, given a chance would you not doe the same? Would you not sell at a profit?

Let the ranting start........
Sponsored

Rew409

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

So many here are ranting about dealers doing ADM for vehicles that were not bought by the customer that ordered. Are these dealers just following what the markey price is for a vehicle that was not wanted by a customer?

So here is my set up. I bought 2 Hybrid Mavericks. Ordered a second one because I was not sure which color I really wanted. Since it cost me nothing to place the order I felt like why not? Place both orders mid to late August.

Started following these forums and saw the huge demand and the long wait time and decided not to cancel either order no matter what.

Fast forward to mid May. Got my first Mav. Cyber Orange Latiat Lux. Price protected and 0% intrest locked in. LOVE the color. I know I could have done better on price but when I ordered I had no idea of how to work the deal best. Paid MSRP that was posted at the time of order. All things considered I am happy. Adding lots of goodies and loving the ride.

Now early June and I get a call that my 2nd order, from a different dealer, is ready to pick up. I had learned a bit by the time I ordered this one so I got invoice pricing and doc fees were included with that price. Came in about 1500 under time of order MSRP.

So guess what? I am doing exactly what the dealers would do. I paid cash for the Mav and have a Carvana offer for $7,000 over my out the door sales price.
Selling dealer offered to facilitate a private sale at about the same numbers. Once the title process is complete this Mav will be sold for a good profit.

Who here would not do the same given the chance? I really want you to put yourself in the dealers shoes and mine as well. Dealer did nothing wrong. Has vehicle on hand and market price has gone higher. As with me the dealer is taking advantage of the market.

Some dealers are screwing with folks to get them to cancel orders and such. I am not talking about those unethical types. Many and maybe most dealers are just trying to do what they can to get by, just like most of us.

So again, given a chance would you not doe the same? Would you not sell at a profit?

I ordered a cyber orange as well . Love the color. Any advice on steps to get best deal . Not built yet . Thanks

Uncle Ed

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Highlander,Outlook,S10,1968Camaro,22Maverick.hybri
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

I wish I had done the same. My extended family needs another car , one wreck (no injuries) and one bad transmission , two Mavs would be the answer.

dlorton0844

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Chrysler Town & Country
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just wish I'd had the foresight to do this myself. Hell, I would've ordered one from every dealer in a 50 mile radius had I known what the market was going to look like

OP
OP
Gr8Mustang

Gr8Mustang

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Digger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered a cyber orange as well . Love the color. Any advice on steps to get best deal . Not built yet . Thanks
Your price is already locked in, sorry.

What I did was take the Granger posting on here offering below invoice pricing and tell my dealer that I was not expecting them to match that but would you please see what you can do so that I don't have to go out of state to get a car.
They came back with invoice pricing and included the local fees. I ordered from them because they tried to do what they could.

Sponsored

Maverick2023

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Timing is everything my friend. Had I bought Tesla and Apple stocks before they split during the early days of pandemic I'd be able to afford 100 mavericks with ADM today. But life happens and you don't always have the same opportunity and timing as the other guys.

Sirk

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick XL Hybrid, '05 Honda Element
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You aren't wrong. Had you walked away from the 2nd vehicle someone would have made the profit, just not you. From your description of the process, it doesn't seem like you were speculating at the time you placed the second order. Enjoy your windfall.

I suspect the situation for 2023s is going to be very different. I'm guessing thousands of people are going to order Mavericks with the sole intention of flipping them. The speculation is going to create a steady stream of Mavericks on the secondary (we can't say "used" anymore!) market and a lot of upheaval around pricing in that market. And of course, one day it will all come crashing down.

Rew409

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Your price is already locked in, sorry.

What I did was take the Granger posting on here offering below invoice pricing and tell my dealer that I was not expecting them to match that but would you please see what you can do so that I don't have to go out of state to get a car.
They came back with invoice pricing and included the local fees. I ordered from them because they tried to do what they could.
where is the Granger posting you mentioned ?

2cafn8d

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Monica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 Jeep Wrangler, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

If I had done the same and was able to pay cash for one, I probably would have as well.

OP
OP
Gr8Mustang

Gr8Mustang

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Digger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sponsored

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boxster, Yamaha FJ1300, Maverick XL
Capitalism.

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I sold an XL ecoboost for $11,925 over what I paid for it. Didn’t intend to resell it, but hell.. didn’t end up needing it.
Sponsored