First Name
Brady
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Explorer XLT, '06 Escape Hybrid, '04 Expy
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Depends on what you order. AFAIK there are june 2020 hybrid orders still unfilled. My ecoboost looks to be 9 months from order to delivery but that remains to be seen. There are still a bunch of constraints. I had to drop the spray in bed liner and copilot 360 to ensure it would get scheduled.

The picture might be completely different for 2023. I'd keep the bronco order and place a maverick order when the book reopens, then just take whatever comes first.
This is good information, thanks. Are there are other deadly sin options I should avoid?
Sponsored

ShadowChas

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’m sure some of the lucky ones here only waited a few months would tell you they didn’t know how they were blessed either - dealership allocations and optional equipment,etc…
However I do know many have bought from other dealerships off the lot, in different states/locations, etc and either pay cheap shipping or made into a vacation trip - I would recommend this if’s you really want/need something quicker.
Otherwise nobody knows for sure what is going to be after August? About any changes for vehicle options/specs or pricing or anything regarding the whole chips for manufacturers for delivery delays into the model year changes.
Same for bronco, many available in many locations without mark up (I love the bronco, it’s just out of my price to buy & continue to drive daily with $5+ ⛽)

Bamajim

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram1500. Ford Flex
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hi all,

First time poster here bringing a little cross contamination over from the Bronco6G forums. My wife and I have had a Bronco reservation since 7/17/2020 with no VIN in sight and we're about ready to get off the roller coaster there for a multitude of reasons. I've been thinking about a Maverick for months and know there's some wait time for them, but I wanted to see what the general wait time has been like. Some quick reading shows me it seems to be about 8-9 months from order to delivery. Is this holding true?

My wife and I are keeping our 250k mile '04 Expedition on life support and I'm ready for it to go (along with my Mustang, which never gets driven). Suffice to say we thought we'd have our Bronco over a year ago, and now that gas is $5/gal, I'm not super stoked on getting it anymore. Luckily our old FEH is still kicking.

I must be a glutton for punishment waiting for Fords; just not sure if I am willing to subject myself to another 2+ year wait to no avail.

Thanks!
Hi all,

First time poster here bringing a little cross contamination over from the Bronco6G forums. My wife and I have had a Bronco reservation since 7/17/2020 with no VIN in sight and we're about ready to get off the roller coaster there for a multitude of reasons. I've been thinking about a Maverick for months and know there's some wait time for them, but I wanted to see what the general wait time has been like. Some quick reading shows me it seems to be about 8-9 months from order to delivery. Is this holding true?

My wife and I are keeping our 250k mile '04 Expedition on life support and I'm ready for it to go (along with my Mustang, which never gets driven). Suffice to say we thought we'd have our Bronco over a year ago, and now that gas is $5/gal, I'm not super stoked on getting it anymore. Luckily our old FEH is still kicking.

I must be a glutton for punishment waiting for Fords; just not sure if I am willing to subject myself to another 2+ year wait to no avail.

Thanks!
Hey 10terp. I fill your pain on the Bronco. I have a friend who also ordered in late 2020 and still has no Bronco.
My son lives about 20 miles from the assembly plant that builds them and he sees parking lots that are full of Bronco’s in them. Don’t know if it’s a chip problem or transportation problem.
I ordered my Mav in early Oct. and still don’t have a build date. So it’s going to be a wait , long wait for you to get a Maverick unless you can find one at a dealership but expect to pay over sticker.
But good luck on getting either vehicle

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This is good information, thanks. Are there are other deadly sin options I should avoid?
Absolutely. ANYTHING that can be ordered separate/installed later. Floor Mats. Mud Flaps. Tonneau Covers. Paint Protection Film. Bed Mats. Cargo boxes. Etc.... Anything you might label an "Accessory".

Many/most of the ones I mentioned are constrained to 2 or 3% right now. Meaning if 100 orders want it, they will only build 2 or 3 of them. The knowledgeable Ford dealers are even telling people that if they WANT to be pushed to the 2023 model year, add a couple of those to your order to guarantee it gets rolled over.

For example, this image is a month or two old, but the numbers haven't changed much.

Ford Maverick Dare I do this to myself again?  [Wait time question] Screenshot_20220212-170646_BaconReader

Last edited:

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

If you want it the quickest, get an Ecoboost. I would also stay away from CP360 and Lux packages if you don't need them as they are the biggest constraints at the moment. I want/need both of those items so mine is at the end of the line. It also seems that Lariats are getting built more than the others, probably because of the extra money they make off of them.

I would also ask your dealer what their allocations have been like. If they have only gotten a handful of Mavericks all year, find a different one. Also, as great as some of the big dealers are, while they are getting large allocations, they also have a ton of backorders so that will also delay things.

Best of luck!

Sponsored

OP
OP

10Terp

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brady
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thank you all for your input. I'm planning on ordering an XLT with the Lux package, and that was my only option I had planned. I guess I'll rethinking it, but my wife would kill me for ordering a car without heated seats hah.

theway-yay-ting

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Honda CR-V, 2019 Kia Sportage
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Absolutely. ANYTHING that can be ordered separate/installed later. Floor Mats. Mud Flaps. Tonneau Covers. Paint Protection Film. Bed Mats. Cargo boxes. Etc.... Anything you might label an "Accessory".

Many/most of the ones I mentioned are constrained to 2 or 3% right now. Meaning if 100 orders want it, they will only build 2 or 3 of them. The knowledgeable Ford dealers are even telling people that if they WANT to be pushed to the 2023 model year, add a couple of those to your order to guarantee it gets rolled over.

For example, this image is a month or two old, but the numbers haven't changed much.

Screenshot_20220212-170646_BaconReader.jpg
I wonder what the "will vary by dlr" note suggests? Like if an item is constrained to a certain percentage of overall orders, I wonder why there would be any variance between dealers?

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I wonder what the "will vary by dlr" note suggests? Like if an item is constrained to a certain percentage of overall orders, I wonder why there would be any variance between dealers?
Good question. I am not sure, as I stole that screenshot from a Reddit post. Haha. It seems like just another way for Ford to give themselves some wiggle room if ever called out on the hard numbers. They can just say "Well......we did say 3% constrained was the national average. We are still being honest when we give Long McArthur 50% of our available Tonneau covers." Haha.

theway-yay-ting

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Good question. I am not sure, as I stole that screenshot from a Reddit post. Haha. It seems like just another way for Ford to give themselves some wiggle room if ever called out on the hard numbers. They can just say "Well......we did say 3% constrained was the national average. We are still being honest when we give Long McArthur 50% of our available Tonneau covers." Haha.
Well, if anybody deserves it, @fordvideoguy at Long McArthur has certainly earned it!

OP
OP

10Terp

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brady
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sponsored

fordvideoguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Ford Bronco
Engine
Undecided
That's not happening, we have 2 June orders that haven't scheduled both have a tonneau cover and splash guards. They have been holding out for them. We finally convinced them to remove them.

theway-yay-ting

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That's not happening, we have 2 June orders that haven't scheduled both have a tonneau cover and splash guards. They have been holding out for them. We finally convinced them to remove them.
I will never understand why people stubbornly refused to remove dealer-installable options that were clearly holding up their builds. Good for you for finally convincing them!

theway-yay-ting

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What VA dealer are you using, out of curiosity?
I actually ordered from Chapman Horsham (Northwest of Philly), as they were offering 3% under invoice at the time. My plan all along had been to drive up there with my son and then drive it home (while he drove the old Honda home).

I've never really had a favorable opinion of the local NoVA Ford dealerships, and the 3% off invoice was an added bonus. At this point who knows if it was the right decision - I'm pretty sure my biggest issue (in addition to being really late to the party) was I picked the same configuration everybody else at the party was interested in... :ROFLMAO:

Tbolt

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' EcoSport SES, 22' Lariat Lux FX4 Eco Mav
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I bet the splash guards are the bigger hold up of the two! It's just unfortunate you have to compromise to get a vehicle when ordering. Kind of defeats the purpose.

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ohh I know. I was just poking some fun at the one dealer who I know can take the joke. :)
Sponsored