Sponsored

Dare I do this to myself again? [Wait time question]

DJF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Thank you all for your input. I'm planning on ordering an XLT with the Lux package, and that was my only option I had planned. I guess I'll rethinking it, but my wife would kill me for ordering a car without heated seats hah.
I think much like your Bronco order, Maverick builds with constraints at invisible dealers will be measured in years, not months. They are new so you hear 8-9 months or now pushing a year. By this time next year you will be hearing stories of 18 months, maybe 2 years.
Sponsored

OP
OP

10Terp

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brady
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Explorer XLT, '06 Escape Hybrid, '04 Expy
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think much like your Bronco order, Maverick builds with constraints at invisible dealers will be measured in years, not months. They are new so you hear 8-9 months or now pushing a year. By this time next year you will be hearing stories of 18 months, maybe 2 years.
Understood, and yeah, much like the Bronco process. Ford seems to be playing the whose line way: the rules are made up and the points don't matter. I am thinking about placing two maverick orders for the exact same car. One at my local smaller dealer who have treated us well, and one at the big dealer 5 miles away to see if I can at least reduce the allocation formula screwing me over. I would obviously prefer to get it from our local dealer, but I'm over the extended waits. We will see!

I very much appreciate everybody's input. I believe my wife and I have decided to cancel our Bronco order and go after an Explorer to replace our old Expedition, which is only a 2-3 month wait time. Is it nearly as cool? No, but it will suit our needs.

Either way, I look forward to hanging around on this forum. So far it seems a lot less toxic than the Bronco forum...the 2+ year wait drives people insane.

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This is good information, thanks. Are there are other deadly sin options I should avoid?
Another poster replied about not ordering anything that can be installed later. This should be common sense in this world of supply chain constraints.

Avoid hybrids, Lariats, luxury packages, spray in bed liners. CP 360 and anything else that means it will need more of the hard to get chips. There are threads about constraints, dunno what the current list is exactly,

Ecoboost XL or XLT standard package with AWD, towing and/or FX4 should be ok. The best person to listen to is Tim from Long Macarthur Ford who is posting in this thread. If I or anyone else is wrong about something, he will have the correct information.

Rainey

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick First Edition
Hi all,

First time poster here bringing a little cross contamination over from the Bronco6G forums. My wife and I have had a Bronco reservation since 7/17/2020 with no VIN in sight and we're about ready to get off the roller coaster there for a multitude of reasons. I've been thinking about a Maverick for months and know there's some wait time for them, but I wanted to see what the general wait time has been like. Some quick reading shows me it seems to be about 8-9 months from order to delivery. Is this holding true?

My wife and I are keeping our 250k mile '04 Expedition on life support and I'm ready for it to go (along with my Mustang, which never gets driven). Suffice to say we thought we'd have our Bronco over a year ago, and now that gas is $5/gal, I'm not super stoked on getting it anymore. Luckily our old FEH is still kicking.

I must be a glutton for punishment waiting for Fords; just not sure if I am willing to subject myself to another 2+ year wait to no avail.

Thanks!
I ordered mine in June and picked it up 3 weeks ago. So that is about right. But I see broncos all over dealer lots here, why would you have to order one? There are literally dozens at all the dealers here.

Ryan_Dalion

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Hi all,

First time poster here bringing a little cross contamination over from the Bronco6G forums. My wife and I have had a Bronco reservation since 7/17/2020 with no VIN in sight and we're about ready to get off the roller coaster there for a multitude of reasons. I've been thinking about a Maverick for months and know there's some wait time for them, but I wanted to see what the general wait time has been like. Some quick reading shows me it seems to be about 8-9 months from order to delivery. Is this holding true?

My wife and I are keeping our 250k mile '04 Expedition on life support and I'm ready for it to go (along with my Mustang, which never gets driven). Suffice to say we thought we'd have our Bronco over a year ago, and now that gas is $5/gal, I'm not super stoked on getting it anymore. Luckily our old FEH is still kicking.

I must be a glutton for punishment waiting for Fords; just not sure if I am willing to subject myself to another 2+ year wait to no avail.

Thanks!
All depends on what you put on it.
Gas only with nothing on it. Might get it in 4-5 months but probably not lol.
Hybrid fully loaded (like me) 13 months and still waiting

Sponsored

Mach 1

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Hybr 2018 F150 Lariat 3.5 ECO
Keep your Bronco order, then order a Mav, which ever comes in first, then make a decision of which to keep/purchase.

brokemonky

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That's not happening, we have 2 June orders that haven't scheduled both have a tonneau cover and splash guards. They have been holding out for them. We finally convinced them to remove them.
Chapman Horsham told me that the splash guards are not a constraint - did this change recently?

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hi all,

Thanks!
Wow - We had a day 2 Bronco reservation- Never officially converted to an "order" but our dealer took that res # and got themselves two ! Still shows up in my Ford pass account- Unreal that you dont have a VIN yet- Got our Mav yesterday, after giving up on the Bronco in March of last year and ordering last September Lariat/LUX/FX4 and everything else. The hybrid would be nice but needed AWD and to be able to tow 2500 ish- So now I am scared to drive it with the gas prices- lol

Last edited:
Sponsored

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Another poster replied about not ordering anything that can be installed later. This should be common sense in this world of supply chain constraints.

Avoid hybrids, Lariats, luxury packages, spray in bed liners. CP 360 and anything else that means it will need more of the hard to get chips. There are threads about constraints, dunno what the current list is exactly,

Ecoboost XL or XLT standard package with AWD, towing and/or FX4 should be ok. The best person to listen to is Tim from Long Macarthur Ford who is posting in this thread. If I or anyone else is wrong about something, he will have the correct information.
Yes- Thank goodness we have Maverick Jesus to help us thru all of these ordering challenges-

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
4% according to this I have from Ford. Been on the list for months now.
Screenshot_20220611-172318_Drive.jpg
Good to see SIBL "only" 37% constrained at this point (y) I would not remove mine because no national brand vendors in my small town to get sprayed after delivery. No Line-X, Rhino liner, etc.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I will never understand why people stubbornly refused to remove dealer-installable options that were clearly holding up their builds. Good for you for finally convincing them!
Why? I'll tell ya why! Due to ongoing national labor shortage local Service departments have had to rely on semi-trained monkeys instead of factory trained technicians. No way I let a monkey with a drill near my new Mav 🐵🙈🙉🙊🐒

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Engine
Undecided
@10Terp I say go for it! This August I'm going to start the rollercoaster all over again as well and place an order for a Mustang Mach-E GT. So you're not the only one doing something like this.
:)
Sponsored