TylerDurden

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mercury Marauder & 2002 Ford Explorer
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Someone spotted a test Mav in what looks like black, and you can peak a Cyber Orange in the background

Cyber Orange Ford Maverick.jpg
...and the orange has matching orange rearview mirrors, denoting its on a higher trim level, dammit.

OP
OP

J_Garn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Edge
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Good catch, I hadn't really considered that. I'm more of a black/white fan myself, but I am intrigued by the orange.

Gary in NJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too Many Subaru's
...and the orange has matching orange rearview mirrors, denoting its on a higher trim level, dammit.
It may be the angle, but that vehicle looks lower to the ground and it looks like steal wheels. I think it may be a lower trim.

ElMaverick

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Engine
Undecided
It may be the angle, but that vehicle looks lower to the ground and it looks like steal wheels. I think it may be a lower trim.
I don't know if it's the steelies, or the other black rims we've seen that match the Timberline rims on the leaked explorer trim, that would explain the matching mirror and handles as it could be a topping trim

Sponsored

Gary in NJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too Many Subaru's
Why aren't these matching the body side panel styling of Bronco?
These look pretty dull compared to Hyundai Santa Cruz
I think what your are struggling with Clyde, is that the Maverick will look like a traditional truck, whereas Hyundai is taking a riskier approach with the Santa Cruz. History shows that non-traditional trucks usually fail in the market...but I applaud Hyundai for taking the risk. I looks like there will be choices for compact trucks, and we will be able to see how the market reacts.

OP
OP

J_Garn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Edge
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yeah, I specifically want something quite understated. I'm glad there's an option for folks who want more styling, and I'm glad there's an option for folks who don't. I don't really see the point of trying to continue comparing these two beyond that.

MarcusBrody

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Transit Connect, BMW 318ti
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm almost the opposite. I assume that I'll be forced to buy a higher trim to get a "Badlands" style softroad package, but I like the contrast on the Maverick so I wish that the black handles were on the high trims too. Though I'll be happy if I can just add whatever offroad/towing options are possible on a base AWD.

Sponsored

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The orange one does look lower. My guess is that it is an upper trim level with FWD and that’s why it’s lower.

dp4616

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Loving the size. Looks perfect IMO. Smaller than ranger, but not "mini" like my 2011 Reg Cab or older Hilux style models. Low bed rails, easy access, good economy. Cant wait to see it in person one day. I am honestly considering buying this new (first time ever buying new) and even a first year model...

ElMaverick

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Engine
Undecided
Ford Maverick Cyber Orange Maverick prototype spotted 1617837429830

The first thing I'm gonna do to it is tint the headlights ever so slightly darker...Something about that absolute clear headlight makes it look like someone forgot to take the vacuum sealed packaging off the headlights, the bronco sport gets around this by having the dark grey grille behind the clear lense...maybe blacking out the inside would help?

Ford Maverick Cyber Orange Maverick prototype spotted 1617837266326

It's almost as if the eyes don't know the true curvature of the headlight, do you follow the line of the LED light, or the headlight casing?

my only other note, I wish the horizontal trim piece going along the grill would be thicker, we still have yet to see it fully convered so it might just work, but I do wish it was thicker like on the f150 where the entire ford logo fits inside, just for that final family look

Ford Maverick Cyber Orange Maverick prototype spotted 1617837187827

Is ford still getting my money? absolutely

Sergeant Gearhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
I can't believe my eyes! Some of you might've of already known this, but I've had my doubts in the past about Cyber Orange making the Maverick's paint option list. Thankfully, I'm wrong. However, it's probably going to be available on the higher, more expensive trims (and even so be extra charge like on the BS), so I'd likely go for Area 51 or some blue color.

TrkNv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee Xj and Rogue Sport
With all these test mules popping up all over it won’t be long before the official reveal.
Sponsored