First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick. 2001 Honda Shadow Sabre
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
On my road trip I got a chip in my windshield that I had not noticed. When I got home the windshield began to crack. I called my insurance company. They made an appointment for next week. The repair company (Safelite) just sent me an email saying that they may not have a windshield by then due to global glass shortages. The repair had already been set back a week as this is a new vehicle.
Sponsored

Sjbuck2021

Banned
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Frontier /2018 Acura RDX
On my road trip I got a chip in my windshield that I had not noticed. When I got home the windshield began to crack. I called my insurance company. They made an appointment for next week. The repair company (Safelite) just sent me an email saying that they may not have a windshield by then due to global glass shortages. The repair had already been set back a week as this is a new vehicle.
I would request an oem windshield.

Down

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick/02 Z06 Vette
Thanks for the heads up, right around the 560 mile mark, I caught a huge rock to the windshield that caused what looks to be irreparable damage but I haven't reached out to my insurance company to start the claim process.
Nice to know my fears about shortages could be true, especially since I have a Lariat and need the acoustic windshield, which I'm sure is in even shorter supply.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Tman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
UPDATE - Safelite just called to tell me that the windshield has been ordered from the dealer. The dealer has not given them any sort of ETA for delivery so they are taking me off the schedule and will call me when it comes in. In the meantime, I am driving around with a crack in my windshield that runs right across my field of vision.

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
UPDATE - Safelite just called to tell me that the windshield has been ordered from the dealer. The dealer has not given them any sort of ETA for delivery so they are taking me off the schedule and will call me when it comes in. In the meantime, I am driving around with a crack in my windshield that runs right across my field of vision.
Driving with your crack in the windshield could get you a ticket.

Snax

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well I don't have much choice . do I?
Bring any evidence that you're trying to get this fixed, so that you can explain it to any officer who might pull you over. When I had a headlamp go out years ago, I stopped at an auto shop to get a new one--and then promptly got pulled over on my home to install it. I showed the cop the bulb and the fresh receipt, and he happily let me go.

OP
OP

Tman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Bring any evidence that you're trying to get this fixed, so that you can explain it to any officer who might pull you over. When I had a headlamp go out years ago, I stopped at an auto shop to get a new one--and then promptly got pulled over on my home to install it. I showed the cop the bulb and the fresh receipt, and he happily let me go.
Yes, that is the plan. But I really think the popo has more to worry about than a cracked windshield.

Sponsored

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee ** 2023 Mav FX/4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yes, that is the plan. But I really think the popo has more to worry about than a cracked windshield.
Well, one would think.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
Undecided
Hi there – send a message to us with your VIN and approximate mileage. I’ll look into this for you. Thanks

OP
OP

Tman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hi there – send a message to us with your VIN and approximate mileage. I’ll look into this for you. Thanks
To what email address do I send the message to?

OP
OP

Tman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
UPDATE - I contacted the dealer. They told me chipped windshield glass is not covered under warranty as it was a road issue and not one caused by faulty parts or manufacturing process. However, Safelite called and has the part in. So the windshield is set to be replaced on Tuesday.
Sponsored