Confusion About The Infotainment System - Base vs Sync 3?

Gary in NJ

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too Many Subaru's
I just found out Ford no longer offers a CD player. Am I the only one who still listens to them? I have no interest in the navigation stuff.
CD players have gone the way of the 8 Track. I own a restaurant that has live music. Performers hand me CD’s and I’m like “ how am I supposed to listen to this?”

BamaBob

First Name
Bob
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Focus RS
Is GPS available? I’m going to order tomorrow a Lariat fwd but I haven’t seen anything about GPS
No stand alaone GPS, it will use android auto or apple car play. IMO, a better idea anyways.
So there built-in maps and navigation are not available on any trim or in any package? While I do like using Waze with Android Auto, I would really like to have the backup of built-in maps for those times that I have no cell service.

eRock92

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Escape SE
It's not Waze that's improved it's Android auto.
So it's still the same Waze as I remember, then? Ehh... I'll just stick with Google Maps. I'm used to working with it to get what I want.

zackmd1

First Name
Zack
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang 429BB / 2019 Tesla Model 3
2022Maverick6_LI.jpg

Don't get me wrong I like the Maverick and I am thinking seriously about getting one but the big useless hole beside the info screen begs the question why ?
My guess is that this dash was designed for the larger 12" sync 4 screen for either a PHEV or other Top Trim variant that we have yet to see. Just looks too perfectly shaped for a 12" screen.

Bbot

First Name
Rob
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL
The SYNC 3 is faster and smoother, slightly more user friendly however I use Android Auto and it works fine on my SYNC and SYNC 3 vehicles...
Hey Albert , Have you been able to determine if when using ApplePlay or any other Nav app will it be wi-fi or plug in cable , same for Using Spotify or any music app?

Granger Ford

First Name
Albert
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many Fords
My SYNC3 systems use both ways, I have the Wi-Fi in my truck so my phone pairs to it however my wife's edge I use data and no cable (Android) she may have to with her Apple but I do not know that for sure...

oljackfrost

First Name
Mark
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Impreza
Hey Albert , Have you been able to determine if when using ApplePlay or any other Nav app will it be wi-fi or plug in cable , same for Using Spotify or any music app?
I read somewhere that the basic non-Sync system must use a cable connection.

TommyBoy

First Name
Tommy
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I drive dealership demos.
SYNC 4 uses wireless Apple CarPlay / Android Auto. SYNC 3 uses plug-in connection.

TommyBoy

First Name
Tommy
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here's my confusion over which SYNC radio is in the Maverick... Our training material says "8 inch center-stack touchscreen with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatibility" is standard on all 3 trims. Then later says "SYNC 3 (incl. in Lariat Luxury Package [54P])".

The only 8" screen capable of using Apple Carplay/Android Auto on all Fords (2016-) is the SYNC 3 system. (And I'm the guy at our dealership that handles SYNC 3 updates for customers.) Either Ford has developed a hybrid SYNC radio for the Maverick XL/XLT trims, or SYNC 3 is in all Mavericks.

I'll update when get clarification. FWIW, SYNC 3 is an extremely stable system- when updated, just like any computer system.

Bbot

First Name
Rob
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL
Here's my confusion over which SYNC radio is in the Maverick... Our training material says "8 inch center-stack touchscreen with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatibility" is standard on all 3 trims. Then later says "SYNC 3 (incl. in Lariat Luxury Package [54P])".

The only 8" screen capable of using Apple Carplay/Android Auto on all Fords (2016-) is the SYNC 3 system. (And I'm the guy at our dealership that handles SYNC 3 updates for customers.) Either Ford has developed a hybrid SYNC radio for the Maverick XL/XLT trims, or SYNC 3 is in all Mavericks.

I'll update when get clarification. FWIW, SYNC 3 is an extremely stable system- when updated, just like any computer system.
Thanks for some clarification. By the way does the training material
detail the location of the 12 v battery, are there more than one?
Or does the system use the Hybrid battery for everything? One last thing why is there Start/ Stop on a Hybrid vehicle?

TommyBoy

First Name
Tommy
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There is no tech material yet, just "sales" info. In the Ford tech forum I got this, " ITS UNDER THE REAR SEAT, AND IF ITS THE NON HYBRID OPTION IT WILL BE UNDER HOOD LIKE NORMAL."

Start/Stop is there because Ford cares about the environment. ;-)