Sponsored

Confusion About The Infotainment System - Base vs Sync 3?

Jukebox Nero

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Maverick Lariat Alto Blue FX4 4k 2.0 EB
...does the Maverick have an SD slot to play music from SD cards? It is the navigator that has me confused. I know waze is a navigator and I can download it to my Iphone. How do I get it from the waze app in the phone to show up on the Maverick's screen? Or do I somehow download waze to the Maverick's screen and use it directly? Just not sure about all this stuff....
I highly doubt there will be an SD slot, but I do not know for certain. Most interfaces are going straight USB.

To view Waze on the Maverick screen, you will link your iPhone with a USB cable and activate Apple Carplay, which will allow you to access several apps directly on the screen (Waze, Spotify, etc). Usually you can access these features with Voice Control ("Hey Siri, navigate to blah blah blah on Waze" or "...play Pink Floyd on Spotify"). You should get used to it quickly.
Sponsored

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm an old guy (well, 72 is not THAT old but--) that likes CDs too. However, I've learned to put my music on thumb drives to play through the Maverick's media player so I'm okay there. BTW, does the Maverick have an SD slot to play music from SD cards? It is the navigator that has me confused. I know waze is a navigator and I can download it to my Iphone. How do I get it from the waze app in the phone to show up on the Maverick's screen? Or do I somehow download waze to the Maverick's screen and use it directly? Just not sure about all this stuff.

As far as the hole next to the screen, I can only assume it is space to be used in future additions for something they have in mind that is not ready yet. Still, that hole looks stupid there.
Marty, for using Waze the easy thing to do is to configure it on your iPhone, create a username and login etc, and then when you want to use Waze in the truck you would just plug your phone into the USB port and it will automatically launch Apple Carplay software on your truck's display. It has nice big icons and full screen display and voice controls etc.

Ford Maverick Confusion About The Infotainment System - Base vs Sync 3? waze2

theek

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V, Subaru CrossTrek
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
2022Maverick6_LI.jpg

Don't get me wrong I like the Maverick and I am thinking seriously about getting one but the big useless hole beside the info screen begs the question why ?
Likely originally designed for a 12" widescreen that had sourcing difficulties and rather than wait a year for all the bits to come in like the Bronco they've finally learned their lesson and simplified it to something cheaper and easy to source.

Maybe it was just cheaper.

Then again it could be that there would be no frigging way the entry level Maverick should have the nicest screen of all Ford trucks and it got axed at the last minute due to internal politics.

Also both Android Auto and CarPlay have had issues with very wide screens.

Last edited:
OP
OP
eRock92

eRock92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Escape SE
Engine
Undecided
Does anyone else not care about having a 12" screen? I hate have huge bright LED screens when I'm driving, especially at night. The smaller size and less amount of screens, the better for me. I actually like the odd off center cubby next to the screen. It's a weird storage feature I sure would enjoy.

Sponsored

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Does anyone else not care about having a 12" screen? I hate have huge bright LED screens when I'm driving, especially at night. The smaller size and less amount of screens, the better for me. I actually like the odd off center cubby next to the screen. It's a weird storage feature I sure would enjoy.
I’m with you. Actually I’m hoping the cubby will hold my hard sunglasses case.

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't really like the cubby, but I also don't mind the size of the screen -- my main preference is that the screen is right where it is on the Maverick, very high on the dash, almost up to the windshield-vision level. I don't understand these cars that have massive displays but they're down near your knees.

MtnMn

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Looks like a perfect wallet cubby to me! There's a storage hole in my F-150 that I keep my wallet while driving so I was oddly excited when I noticed this in the maverick. Keeps extra stuff out of the cupholders/console area.

onetequilatwo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hybrid Lariat Maverick and 2019 RAV4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My 2 cents, think the 8" info center would look a bit odd. The 12" with cubby makes it look balanced.

Starlord214

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 2023 Maverick Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
has anyone had any issues with Apple car play connecting to their Maverick? I have a 2023 Lariat tremor. the other day Carplay just would not show up on the screen. I tried a reset on the radio and tried diffrenet things with my iphone 14 but nothing works. i dont understand how it can work fine one day and not the next when nothing has changed. does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this problem. thanks

Sponsored

Mav_RICK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
has anyone had any issues with Apple car play connecting to their Maverick? I have a 2023 Lariat tremor. the other day Carplay just would not show up on the screen. I tried a reset on the radio and tried diffrenet things with my iphone 14 but nothing works. i dont understand how it can work fine one day and not the next when nothing has changed. does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this problem. thanks
Are you using a wireless adapter or are you plugging in? The adapter can be an issue as well as the cord you are using to connect.

Starlord214

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 2023 Maverick Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Are you using a wireless adapter or are you plugging in? The adapter can be an issue as well as the cord you are using to connect.
i am using a chord and have used blue tooth in past but mostly the chord

Mav_RICK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you have another cord try that. Also try a soft reset on your system by pushing power button and next track button at the same time and holding until reset.

Mike1597

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick, 2023 Grand Cherokee, 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I just found out Ford no longer offers a CD player. Am I the only one who still listens to them? I have no interest in the navigation stuff.
A workaround is to buy a portable CD player with a built-in FM transmitter so there are no wires to connect. Tune your FM radio to the CD player frequency to listen to your CD's.
CD Player Link
Sponsored