First Name
Alfred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I would never buy a toyota but that looks pretty chiseled. Isn't it bigger and more expensive than the maverick? Wouldn't it be competing with the Ranger and Colorado?
Sponsored

CuriousGary

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford C-Max Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wait! Leaked official image. If it’s official, it ain’t leaked. If it’s published on a Toyota website, it’s official, even if it’s withdrawn later. Seems like you are trying to add a new oxymoron to the English language. Common on, Mr. Administrator.

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wait! Leaked official image. If it’s official, it ain’t leaked. If it’s published on a Toyota website, it’s official, even if it’s withdrawn later. Seems like you are trying to add a new oxymoron to the English language. Common on, Mr. Administrator.
It wasn't officially released but rather datamined by a sleuther incrementing filenames. So leaked in that it was inadvertently made available.

mav_kev

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mav
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It wasn't officially released but rather datamined by a sleuther incrementing filenames. So leaked in that it was inadvertently made available.
Yeah this is a full-on corporate marketing strategy. Officially unofficial, but I'm sure they're not mad about the buzz that it's generating

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 99 E150 Clb Wgn, 23 Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Learned my lesson from the Maverick, never get a first year of production vehicle. 2026 or 2027, looks like a good window to switch back to Toyota. :cool:
If it's a typical Toyota, 95% of everything under the skin will be the same.

Sponsored

AURktman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Nissan Frontier Pro-X
Engine
Undecided
I was rather unimpressed with what the Tacoma offered for the same price as what my Frontier has that I bought. Hopefully Toyota changes that in the future.

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

So if the Tacoma interior is smaller than the Maverick and they make something smaller than the Tacoma, stand to reason Americans just wont fit in it.
Maverick is smaller than the Tacoma, but has more legroom than the Taco.

RLR69

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They do exist but its hard. =)
No one sells an XL, hybrid for MSRP in my area (Austin, TX) but I do see higher profit ones going for around MSRP. But they are still 35k

People keep saying this and it just isn’t true. They said a 3rd gen couldn’t be had without a markup either.

I bought a 23 under msrp out the door and am on a list at the same dealer for a 2024 or 2025 if I want to upgrade at MSRP. This same dealer sells RAV4 hybrids and others without markup too.

Deals exist. Dealers without markup exist.

More on topic though… Image looks great.

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I would never buy a toyota but that looks pretty chiseled. Isn't it bigger and more expensive than the maverick? Wouldn't it be competing with the Ranger and Colorado?
Same here, I'll never buy a Tacoma, but yes it is mid sized not compact. Different class.

OneAlienBoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don’t think there can be a true competitor until another manufacturers mini truck has a hybrid engine as well.

Smaller trucks exist but the people want the hybrid and we are stuck with the Maverick since it’s the only one with this platform.
You say stuck with like it's a bad thing. Personally, Im glad ford's running off with it. If other brands want to be stupid, and refuse to make a small truck, Ford thanks them.

Sponsored

OneAlienBoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Interesting how vehicle design has evolved from soft flowing lines to over aggressive hard lines and sharp corners. Not saying I don't like the look of the new Taco, it just screams a different message to other drivers than the Maverick. The Maverick is a beautiful truck, whereas I see this new Toyota as tough and mean looking.
While we're on the subject, anyone else notice almost all truck commercials show the truck plowing through off-roads at high speed? Really? How many people are actually expecting to drive their new truck 60mph down a back road?
Yeah, too many designs these days focus on being aggressive. I call it the oh ah effect. A design comes out with a bunch of different lines and styling elements *cough Sante Cruz cough* the crowd goes oh ah, because it looks "futuristic". A few years later, those designs tend to look like absolute ass.

As an aspiring designer I can tell you, clean is the way. Well proportioned, enough design cues to give it personality, but restraint and maturity in the design as well. Clean, restrained design doesn't draw as many oh ahs from the crowd, but tends to age far more gracefully.

Skot5272

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You say stuck with like it's a bad thing. Personally, Im glad ford's running off with it. If other brands want to be stupid, and refuse to make a small truck, Ford thanks them.
Oh, I see how that could be misconstrued. Our only option is the Maverick being hybrid.

gwrace14651

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Not sure the title to this post is correct. The Tacoma is not a competitor to the Maverick. It's a midsize truck at a different price point.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Maverick is smaller than the Tacoma, but has more legroom than the Taco.
The Maverick passenger volume is 100.3 cu ft and the Tacoma is 100.1, Maverick has more legroom and headroom. Tacoma has more hip and shoulder room. Basically if your ass fits in the Maverick you will find it more comfortable than a Tacoma. If it does not fit in a Maverick, try a Tacoma, but hope you are short enough to fit.