Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee Trailsport
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

The base will be like 40k for 4x4 fyi … it’s going be more than colorado for sure …
The new Nissan Frontier is really nice. You can get a 4X4 for between 32K to 35k. If you buy the off-road version it will hit 40K.
There were some new model used trucks on a few of the lots with less than 5000 miles on them. They are most likely demos. The prices on them was around $35000. I haven’t looked lately.
Sponsored

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There were some new model used trucks on a few of the lots with less than 5000 miles on them. They are most likely demos. The prices on them was around $35000. I haven’t looked lately.
Nissan had some very aggressive (98-99% residual) 18 month leases on them that are ending. At least in my area it looks like they've been turning around to be sold as used at pretty decent prices.

BuddyS

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 R Design & 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

It looks cool and will do well with its intended buyers; having had a Tacoma I appreciate the price, efficiency and comfort of my Maverick a lot more. You can bet that model shown will be near $50K; there's a lot of stuff at that price point that's pretty impressive. It's making a homerun of a truck at $25K that's difficult, and I love my Maverick for being that vehicle.

KimoCarew

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kimo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus ES 300H
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You speak the truth. Common list of complaints I've seen with Tacoma's, especially newer ones, the interior is cramped/outdated and cheap feeling. The seating position apparently sucks. The driving dynamics are trash, so is the ride, and the fuel economy is terrible. The 4 cyl is gutless, and the 3.5 v6 is also pretty gutless, and has a fair amount of reliability issues. The electronics also apparently have issues. Severed frame rust getting so bad that it totals out the truck is also apparently an issue in certain years.

Just goes to show that sometimes, perception trumps reality. It seems most people who buy Tacomas buy them because of what they're perceived to be, not what they actually are. Tacomas are up there with Honda civics in terms of being some of the most hit/miss cars out there.

I've known a few people who've loved their Tacomas, I've also known several people who buy brand new Tacomas, and almost immediately have issues within a few weeks of ownership. Just like everyone says how great civics are, but I know multiple people where their least reliable car was a civic. My friend have civic issues within 30 minutes of taking ownership.
The seating portion is laughably bad. It feels like you are sitting on the floorboard.

Sponsored

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yeah, too many designs these days focus on being aggressive. I call it the oh ah effect. A design comes out with a bunch of different lines and styling elements *cough Sante Cruz cough* the crowd goes oh ah, because it looks "futuristic". A few years later, those designs tend to look like absolute ass.

As an aspiring designer I can tell you, clean is the way. Well proportioned, enough design cues to give it personality, but restraint and maturity in the design as well. Clean, restrained design doesn't draw as many oh ahs from the crowd, but tends to age far more gracefully.
Well stated. There's a reason why the cars of the 50's and 60's are such classics . . . all in the graceful lines of how they were designed.

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
On that episode Jerry was dating was Terri Hatcher. He questioned whether her breasts were natural or implants. Elaine went to the same gym and, while in the sauna, accidentally slipped and grabbed Terri’s boobs. Anyway, at the end of the show Terri says “They’re real, and they’re spectacular“.
A classic episode. Thanks for reminding us of this gem.

TGTBTU

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
TGTBTU
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
aa
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Since my 2023 Maverick was a total wreck during shipment and I haven't heard from Ford, or the dealer on a resolution, this alternative (though a bit more expensive), looks real good. The Maverick I ordered was $40k, I figure I can get a Tacoma in that range. Can't wait. I will officially cancel my Maverick order and get a refund this weekend. Then, wait for the Tacoma's arrival.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Wait! Leaked official image. If it’s official, it ain’t leaked. If it’s published on a Toyota website, it’s official, even if it’s withdrawn later. Seems like you are trying to add a new oxymoron to the English language. Common on, Mr. Administrator.
When I take a leak, its official!

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Yeah, too many designs these days focus on being aggressive. I call it the oh ah effect. A design comes out with a bunch of different lines and styling elements *cough Sante Cruz cough* the crowd goes oh ah, because it looks "futuristic". A few years later, those designs tend to look like absolute ass.

As an aspiring designer I can tell you, clean is the way. Well proportioned, enough design cues to give it personality, but restraint and maturity in the design as well. Clean, restrained design doesn't draw as many oh ahs from the crowd, but tends to age far more gracefully.
Which is one reason why the Maverick is more of a slab sided 60s Lincoln, than a edgy edged edgester.

Sponsored

Mavnick87

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I wonder how many design hours went into making that front grille look “tough” and “mean” on the new Tacoma? The model as shown in the picture probably cost 2x what I paid for my maverick, and probably gets 25% less mpg.

AznMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid Lariat Built 3-9-23, Chevy EUV, Lexus RX350
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Interesting how vehicle design has evolved from soft flowing lines to over aggressive hard lines and sharp corners. Not saying I don't like the look of the new Taco, it just screams a different message to other drivers than the Maverick. The Maverick is a beautiful truck, whereas I see this new Toyota as tough and mean looking.
While we're on the subject, anyone else notice almost all truck commercials show the truck plowing through off-roads at high speed? Really? How many people are actually expecting to drive their new truck 60mph down a back road?
Exactly most of the people who talk about the tacos capabilities off road will use it very rarely if ever just because of the price of the truck. 95% of the time it will be hauling air in traffic with terrible mpg.

Reactions: Dad

AznMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
By 2026 I could see it . 2025 is 4Runner year. Still don’t think compact is coming at all . They don’t want target 20k-33k truck market . Clearly want people buy 33-52k market in the midsize segment where they sell most trucks at .
That will be the day when Toyota sells an entry level truck with a hybrid powertrain as standard. Not happening unless the upcharge is built into MSRP.

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Exactly most of the people who talk about the tacos capabilities off road will use it very rarely if ever just because of the price of the truck. 95% of the time it will be hauling air in traffic with terrible mpg.
Truth! I live in a very suburban area and I see lots of jacked up trucks clad in gnarly tires used as daily drivers and you're right, most probably rarely use their truck for off-road, but just like the vibe look, and that's fine. All the advertising companies are doing is using that to sell more trucks. Gotta love this country, right?

AznMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Truth! I live in a very suburban area and I see lots of jacked up trucks clad in gnarly tires used as daily drivers and you're right, most probably rarely use their truck for off-road, but just like the vibe look, and that's fine. All the advertising companies are doing is using that to sell more trucks. Gotta love this country, right?
But the biggest selling point is the resale value and reliability! That's after they overpay for the truck especially with adm and have been living with terrible mpg in an uncomfortable cabin for years! Who thinks they are going to get the new taco for msrp? Saw on a youtube live the other day toyota has produced the most cars in the company's history last year yet there are chronic shortages of inventory in the US keeping the avg transaction price. Wonder why that is 🤔? Does anybody actually think there will be an abundance of the SR5 at your dealership with no options? That's going to be as rare as the XL hybrid reatil order.
Sponsored