Sponsored

Coming up on First oil change...dealer wants..what? over $200..

Rivers90

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Tremor, Xterra, Miata
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

For anyone thinking of changing their own oil.
It is not too hard to do and the truck has space under it so I did an oil change with out using ramps or a jack. I had space to remove the skid plate and drain the oil no problem.

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I use Firestone and make them take a picture, with my phone, after done to make sure all the screws are in the cover plate. They only squawked about it the first couple times, now it's more of a running joke with them.
Do they call everyone over to see how it's supposed to be done? Are they all in the picture?

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It is not too hard to do and the truck has space under it so I did an oil change with out using ramps or a jack. I had space to remove the skid plate and drain the oil no problem.
Hmmm did a quick check. With Eggbert I am 13" thick. What allowance has to be made for skid plate (will it skid on top and bottom at same time?)? Eggbert carries an INSEY so I don't have to worry about focal point Herman from getting hung in an explode proofing cut out. WAIT = My dealer full synthetic oil change and filter is $95.52 plus sales tax. Please come back special is Buy 4 Get 1 Free. (Comes with plastic punch out tag attached to key fob so you get to think about dealer each time you pick up key fob!
Ford Maverick Coming up on First oil change...dealer wants..what?  over $200.. IMG_20231127_131622

OP
OP
son of a ..sven

son of a ..sven

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just had first oil change service done (and recall service performed) on my 23 XLT. $220 @ Harper Ford, Eureka CA.
I used my points.
Maybe because I used to live in Eureka,Ca. ha ha.....That is an outrageous price for an oil change...just like Kendall Ford in Eugene, or.( Service recall should have cost nothing)

Sponsored

OP
OP
son of a ..sven

son of a ..sven

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
When I was young, did my own oil changes always...now I need ramps..(ramps for gramps)

KathyG

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kathy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Maybe because I used to live in Eureka,Ca. ha ha.....That is an outrageous price for an oil change...just like Kendall Ford in Eugene, or.( Service recall should have cost nothing)
Yeah - service recall cost nothing. Oil change service cost $220.
Used to have oil change (the works) done on my F150 there regularly.
Last year they bumped their prices up considerably.
I mostly do all my own service - just had injury and needed recall attended to - so it was convenient to use points.
Kathy

SLJ

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

$92 here tax included with full synthetic and tire rotation.

robbyrob

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
acar
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
oh no Im at 7600 with my 2023 Hybrid and do I need an oil change
this is what Ford.com says 36% what does that mean??

Ford Maverick Coming up on First oil change...dealer wants..what?  over $200.. OIL

icegradner

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Oil change prices have gone crazy. In 2020 an oil change, maintenance inspection and tire rotation at my Toyota dealer was $60 all in. 2021, $80 for the same service. 2022? Stuff happened with vehicles, and got the Maverick second half of the year, didn't get one done that year. :LOL: 2023. 5-20W change (not correct oil for hybrid) and was charged $128 for the same combo at the local Ford dealer. I was shocked, because when I bought the Maverick I was given a service price list, they were only charging the same $80, same as my Toyota dealership had been. This last time I got one done, to get the full synthetic 0-W20 $169. I don't want to pay that much, but I'm not going to take a chance on not getting warranty coverage if something happens. Once the warranty is up, I'll do it myself.

Sponsored

flashfearless

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mav Lariat Hybrid,2014 Ford Edge Limited
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Fred Beans in West Chester does a "The Works" service for oil chainge, tire rotation, fluid checks, etc for $90.

Vibes

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Agreed. I'll continue to do all my own oil changes. Full synthetic for less than $40. A hour of time, but travel & waiting will be at least that or more and I will know the correct oil went in, the level is correct, channel locks were not used to remove the fill cap, the underside is wiped clean, and the drain plug is not stripped. A long time ago I experienced all of these circumstances on the few times I had it done for me.
I wish you would make a YouTube video of the oil change procedure. I changed my own oil for years and years on my other vehicles, but this is a different situation, Just need to know the correct procedure. I refuse to let these crooks rip me off.

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I wish you would make a YouTube video of the oil change procedure. I changed my own oil for years and years on my other vehicles, but this is a different situation, Just need to know the correct procedure. I refuse to let these crooks rip me off.
Hybrid: Hybrid Oil Change

EcoBoost: EcoBoost Oil Change

Vibes

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks ! Wow, actually a piece of cake. Just remove that shield. My Maverick XLT stock Hybrid is due any day at the dealership. I'm 2 days past the first estimated delivery date. So It's not going to affect my warranty doing it myself as long as I use the specified oil and filter ?

RK2007

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't know where the locals are on this Forum. Kendall Ford, Eugene,Or. They are the gorilla of car dealers here...They are dealers for most other car makes here.
download.jpeg
Not sure why they charge so much here in Eugene. Had a friend that ordered a '22 Maverick from them, and paid $2,000 on top of msrp when it arrived a year later. Just got mine up in WA for MSRP. Seeing what they are charging for service just confirms things. Maybe Albany or Corvallis for a dealer oil change. Corvallis quoted $95.
Sponsored