First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee ** 2023 Mav FX/4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Personally I see nothing wrong with whatever someone wants to put on their rig. Bought and paid for by the owner gives him or her all the right in the world to do whatever (s)he wishes with it.

With that said, Sport would be a nice looking addiction. These are sure sporty looking trucks. 4X4 would look nice too. To each their own.
Sponsored

mdl20813

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Gray Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

That's fair, whatever made up body line you think you followed works for you and that's all that matters. I think Ford paid somebody very well to locate the original decal, if you moved it intentionally because YOU thought it looked better, no skin off my back. I just like the original location is all.
I’ll assume by using “made up” that you don’t actually have your truck yet. There’s a crease right above that decal that runs the length of the body panel where above it, it angles into the bed rail cap. So pretty sure it exists. But again, put yours in the OEM spot, up high or across the tailgate. No wrong way if it works for you.

Watchman

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
V12-XJS Jaguar, S10 LS Stepside
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hah, how many hybrids you think will slap this on theirs to be cool :p (Promise I won't)
When and if I get my Hybrid I plan on Badging it with what you see below. I too aligned the HYBRID with the top of the tail light.

I told my wife they were delivering the Maverick today. She got all excited until I told her it was the "Maverick" lettering I ordered coming today.

Ford Maverick Changed FX4 decals to black and gray. Final-3 1.25MB

Last edited:

snowcatxx87

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1290SDR EVO / Tiger 900RP / 300cc Grom / Surron
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I agree, the original location is nice - breathing room in design is a must, when its stuck all the way at the top like that it doesn't look quite right.

Brett3550

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Velocity Blue XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I saw an F150 the other day that said "sport" there. It looked great, but I presume that F150 had the sport package, again, don't want to make it look like I have something I don't. But I do kind of see my Maverick as a blank canvas in some regards.

Thoughts, opinions?
Perhaps "STUD" would be suitable??? :ROFLMAO:

Sponsored

MimiE

First Name
Mitzi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Opinion time for anyone who's willing:

I don't have an FX4 but I really do like the decal on there. I have no desire to badge my Maverick something it is not, my son wouldn't let me live it down. That being said, what do you folks think would look good in this area on an AWD Ecoboost, that's non-FX4? I saw an F150 the other day that said "sport" there. It looked great, but I presume that F150 had the sport package, again, don't want to make it look like I have something I don't. But I do kind of see my Maverick as a blank canvas in some regards.

Thoughts, opinions?

This looks really nice by the way! Had me thinking of ways to further customize my own.

Take care,
Dave
A sweet, sweet MTC decal...

DavesMav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
I ordered a set of the Sport decals for the most recent F150. I just love the styling and I am going for a sport appearance, but wow are they big! I'm sending them back, but hope to have our local vinyl shop create something similar in design but just a little smaller. I'm thinking SPORT as it is and maybe AWD in place of the 4x4. I'll see what the vinyl shop can come up with.

Thank you all for the input! Sorry for hi-jacking the thread when I should have just made my own. Yours in the original post really turned out nice and inspired me to seek a design out for mine!

Dave
Ford Maverick Changed FX4 decals to black and gray. 1640027119191

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Yeah, and they put it in a weird spot.

It's not always about who does something first, but rather who does it right 👩‍🏭
I did it right before it was cool.

Ford Maverick Changed FX4 decals to black and gray. IMG_8932
Sponsored