Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Gray Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Yeah, and they put it in a weird spot.

It's not always about who does something first, but rather who does it right 👩‍🏭
🤔. Don’t think there’s really a “right” when it comes to people’s individual cars. I preferred to raise it to follow the body line that’s there but replacement in the OEM spot looks fine to me as well. But at least I got to hear your expert opinion on it….
Sponsored

Platinum2

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Opinion time for anyone who's willing:

I don't have an FX4 but I really do like the decal on there. I have no desire to badge my Maverick something it is not, my son wouldn't let me live it down. That being said, what do you folks think would look good in this area on an AWD Ecoboost, that's non-FX4? I saw an F150 the other day that said "sport" there. It looked great, but I presume that F150 had the sport package, again, don't want to make it look like I have something I don't. But I do kind of see my Maverick as a blank canvas in some regards.

Thoughts, opinions?

This looks really nice by the way! Had me thinking of ways to further customize my own.

Take care,
Dave
If you're going to build your Maverick as a sport truck then I say go for it. You could do all sorts of custom decaling in that spot. I'm not sure what's in the F150 sport package but I can't imagine it's much more than some wheels and decals and maybe some other minor cosmetic tid bits...

Point is, if you build a sport truck then a sport decal seems fitting. But no, no one is building their own FX4 given the proprietary hardware of that option package.

You could also put the Ford "4x4" decal there without creating a lot of sin I would think...🤔

My .02....

(P.S. - I'm building a sport truck and going with custom decals)

Last edited:

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

I don't have an FX4 but I really do like the decal on there. I have no desire to badge my Maverick something it is not, my son wouldn't let me live it down. That being said, what do you folks think would look good in this area on an AWD Ecoboost, that's non-FX4? I saw an F150 the other day that said "sport" there. It looked great, but I presume that F150 had the sport package, again, don't want to make it look like I have something I don't. But I do kind of see my Maverick as a blank canvas in some regards.

Thoughts, opinions?

This looks really nice by the way! Had me thinking of ways to further customize my own.

Take care,
Dave
AWD

Jakb

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Sponsored

OP
OP
felsf50

felsf50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
AWD

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The decal looks great.....but dude, the gray mud flap? 😱

OP
OP
felsf50

felsf50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Follow this to remove and install your new FX4 3m decal

- Run 3m painters tape along the top edge of the decal you are removing.
- Run 3m painters tape along the left edge of the decal you are removing.
- Clean the old decal and perimeter with non ammonia window cleaner.
- Allow to dry or use hair dryer or heat gun on low.
- Use HD or HG to heat the end, either side or the decal.
- Continue heating and slowly pull the decal until removed.
- Should be no residue.
- Wipe the area with with <88% isopropyl alcohol.
- Align the top and left edge of your new decal.
- 3m Tape the bottom edge of your new decal at 0, 25, 50, 75 and 100. Hold it in alignment.
- Peel the inside layer of the decal. Discard.
- Spray non ammonia window cleaner on the body and the inside and outside of the decal.
- Use a credit card and squeegee up down and left right.
- Remove all air bubbles.
- Remove 0, 25, 50, 75 and 100 tape
- Use a heat gun on low and dry outer paper.
- Slowly remove outer paper.
- Use microfiber and wipe dry.
- Inspect with adequate lighting.
- Push out any air bubbles.
- Wipe dry.

Sponsored
OP
OP
felsf50

felsf50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Thoughts, opinions?

Take care,
Dave
Dave, as long as you like what you do or add to customize. That's all that matters. Like you said, its a blank canvass. Its much like social media. Don't compare yourself against what you see others doing. Just do what you like. Who cares what everyone else thinks.

I once had a

OP
OP
felsf50

felsf50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yeah, and they put it in a weird spot.

It's not always about who does something first, but rather who does it right 👩‍🏭
To each his own. It's all about lines. The human eyes likes lines. The rule of thirds. Again, if you don't like, post your opinion then crawl back into your hole.

22Mav

Banned
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT/Lariat.. Undecided still :O
To each his own. It's all about lines. The human eyes likes lines. The rule of thirds. Again, if you don't like, post your opinion then crawl back into your hole.
So you admit, the previous installer didn't utilize the body lines. I also didn't crawl out of hole to revert to. I'm just saying you installed it well, the OG did not 🤙

22Mav

Banned
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT/Lariat.. Undecided still :O
🤔. Don’t think there’s really a “right” when it comes to people’s individual cars. I preferred to raise it to follow the body line that’s there but replacement in the OEM spot looks fine to me as well. But at least I got to hear your expert opinion on it….
That's fair, whatever made up body line you think you followed works for you and that's all that matters. I think Ford paid somebody very well to locate the original decal, if you moved it intentionally because YOU thought it looked better, no skin off my back. I just like the original location is all.
Sponsored