Sponsored

Catalytic Converter Location on Maverick?

ThatCharlie67

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Hey Everyone!

I just ran across this video and thought it was helpful showing the underside of the Maverick. The guy has other videos that go through the various components of the truck. I hope it helps answer some questions for some of you, like it did for me.

Sponsored

Hoagus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘02 Ranger, ‘22 Mav XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
mavacat.jpg

Same location for the ecoboost and hybrid for the secondary cat converter. Some here have incorrectly identified it as a resonator which it's not.
How do you know it’s a catalytic converte?

jpdurr

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy HHR
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
^^^ So, have you formally complained to Honda and its mechanical engineers for placing the catalytic converters in a location which enables criminals to easily remove them? Because I thought cats were strategically placed to reduce exhaust emissions? Is Budweiser responsible for a drunk driver?
Did you ever think it was possible to accomplish both desired goals? Do you just put your head in the sand whenever a problem comes up?

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
^^^ So, have you formally complained to Honda and its mechanical engineers for placing the catalytic converters in a location which enables criminals to easily remove them? Because I thought cats were strategically placed to reduce exhaust emissions? Is Budweiser responsible for a drunk driver?
It's those damn horses

ejgroth2620

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hybrid ones are even more sought after, as someone in this post mentioned.

Same in TN now. They just passed a law on July 1st restricting the sale/purchase of them, thankfully. Hopefully other states follow that example and it works.
Criminals don't observe laws. If a reliable solution becomes available to better protect the Maverick's convertor, I'll be among the first to order it.

Sponsored

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 99 E150 Clb Wgn, 23 Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

It’s tucked close to the engine right up against the firewall under the hood. It’s part of the exhaust manifold on the hybrid. They would have a lot of trouble getting that one out. This is a picture of the Hybrid Escape 2.5l which should be almost the same.
1302DA90-8D01-497A-9126-72939E462C61.jpeg
That actually may be quite easy depending on how open the bottom is.

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Criminals don't observe laws. If a reliable solution becomes available to better protect the Maverick's convertor, I'll be among the first to order it.
You are correct, they don't. At first one might think this is as idiotic as posting those moronic "Gun Free Zone" signs. However, if a metal dealer is caught with these converters, they face heavy fines and jail time. It's a deterrent for some people.

Wjgilson

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler Town and Country Touring, CruiseMaster RV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
2023 Maverick Hybrid cat is low hanging fruit as well.

jpdurr

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy HHR
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm going to look into the CatClamp Catalytic Converter Lock to see if it can be used with my Maverick Hybrid.

https://catclamp.com/

But I will probably wait to see if it is an actual issue with Maverick Hybrids before pulling the Trigger.

Wjgilson

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler Town and Country Touring, CruiseMaster RV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It is an issue. Mine was stolen on the way from the plant in Mexico. 2023 Hybrid.

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm going to look into the CatClamp Catalytic Converter Lock to see if it can be used with my Maverick Hybrid.

https://catclamp.com/

But I will probably wait to see if it is an actual issue with Maverick Hybrids before pulling the Trigger.
I put a CatClamp on my motorhome (glad I did because recently discovered several RV's where I store mine were stripped of theirs) and considered the same for the Maverick. Should be an easy install once I figure out where it's located.
Sponsored