First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler Town and Country Touring, CruiseMaster RV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I went to my dealer this morning to check on my Maverick since tracking showed that it was there.

I won't get my Maverick for a while. It seems as though somewhere between Hermosilla, Mexico and the delivery to my dealer the catalytic converter was stolen. Anyone else have this happen?

Ford Maverick Catalytic converter 20230527_112715
Sponsored

icegradner

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I recall there was an entire train car of Mavericks that went through Portland last summer that had the catalytic converters stolen.

OP
OP

Wjgilson

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler Town and Country Touring, CruiseMaster RV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Mine went from the Hermosilla plant to St Louis then to Baldwin, Florida then to Jacksonville, Florida.

They should start engraving VIN's on the converters. I would have gladly paid a little more to have it engraved on it.

I got to see my truck though. Good looking truck in Area51 color.

Syntax Error

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Hopefully your dealer will get the replacement parts in soon so that your Maverick will be ready to take home. That really sucks.

Hardening2753

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I went to my dealer this morning to check on my Maverick since tracking showed that it was there.

I won't get my Maverick for a while. It seems as though somewhere between Hermosilla, Mexico and the delivery to my dealer the catalytic converter was stolen. Anyone else have this happen?

20230527_112715.jpg
Dang sorry to see that happen

Sponsored

TheSEARCH

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Oh crap another thing to worry about. On the converters themselves. I read that they are not sold in the usa after stolen BUT put into large trailer put on a ship overseas than the metal is taken out of them for $$. in any case Oh crap I hope this doesn't happen to me or others. Sniper on train, shoot the sob's and keep going.

Gatekeep

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, vintage Vespa x2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Here in Massachusetts it is a big problem. If caught They just get a slap on the wrist and released, just to keep doing it. They scope out the big $ cats in the day then wrap a cordless SawZal up in a towel and just go through a nice neighborhood like nothing late night. The salvage yards should be fined for receiving stolen merchandise.

raiderbrit

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

20230527_112715.jpg

20230527_112715.jpg
My dealer told me this had happened to a Maverick destined for the City Of Florence in Oregon. However when they looked at the vehicle, the thieves had stolen another part of the exhaust system, but the CC was left in place - idiots. This train went to Portland also. Mine is currently on a train to Portland, I can only hope it survives the journey.

TheSEARCH

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well a shield might be a good aftermarket item. I am unaware of any now.

Sponsored

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

They should start engraving VIN's on the converters. I would have gladly paid a little more to have it engraved on it.
Why? That does ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.
Don't waste your time.
Don't waste your time with security devices either because they don't work.

They are going to melt these down.
100%
They are not going to resell any of them.
Therefore they don't care what they look like or how many pieces they are cut into.

Spend your money on insurance, not devices that slow down the theft 30 seconds.

Sad but true.

TheSEARCH

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Why? That does ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.
Don't waste your time.
Don't waste your time with security devices either because they don't work.

They are going to melt these down.
100%
They are not going to resell any of them.
Therefore they don't care what they look like or how many pieces they are cut into.

Spend your money on insurance, not devices that slow down the theft 30 seconds.

Sad but true.
The plates do in fact help. They see them and choose another vehicle that has none. Most insurance covers them but you often times wait a long time get get the part then an appointment to get it installed. So YES the plates are worth it. My buddy waited over a week for his part then another to get it installed. 2 weeks no vehicle.

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

The plates do in fact help. They see them and choose another vehicle that has none. Most insurance covers them but you often times wait a long time get get the part then an appointment to get it installed. So YES the plates are worth it. My buddy waited over a week for his part then another to get it installed. 2 weeks no vehicle.
You have to spend a huge amount of time, effort, and cost for a less than fool proof system.

Anything that can be cut, will be cut.
If a person can put it on: a thief can take it off. Don't take my word for it.
Do some research. Watch some videos.

The best of the best "security" devices slow them down by 30 seconds. Which is as good as not being there.

TheSEARCH

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You have to spend a huge amount of time, effort, and cost for a less than fool proof system.

Anything that can be cut, will be cut.
If a person can put it on: a thief can take it off. Don't take my word for it.
Do some research. Watch some videos.

The best of the best "security" devices slow them down by 30 seconds. Which is as good as not being there.
NOT saying it will stop anyone. BUT there are plenty of cars that DONT have any added protection and they choose those instead. I have no proof but either do you.

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Security devices are based on false premises.

1)Neon glow paint, engraving, is a deterrent. It is not. They MELT THESE DOWN. They want the raw metal, not the actual part.

2) Straps or shields will make it so hard to take off they go to someone else. FALSE, they don't care how much damage it causes, how much noise it makes, or how long it takes. The "devices" add 30 seconds to removal time. They don't even add minutes to removal time.

3) The more difficult you make it, the more damage they do to YOUR CAR while still stealing what they want.

4) They know it's a misdemeanor if caught, so they don't fear being caught.

5) unless you are prepared to shoot ( and go to jail) they hold all the cards. You will go to jail. They will get a slap on the wrist. They are 99.99% sure you're not going to shoot them.

6) your best option: park indoors, or behind locked gates, or park out of sight.

I seriously think your best bet would be set up sprinklers on a motion detector.
They care more about not getting cold and wet, than cutting anything you put on your car or truck off.

Dig deep. You know I'm right.
Sponsored