Scout

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think this issue has been raised before but here I go. My neighbor got hit last night and another 3 weeks ago! Really @#&$%me off! I’m getting a XLT hybrid next month 🤞. Has any put a cage or anything under their truck to prevent these #&@* heads from stealing the converters
Sponsored

93nighthawk

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Transit 150, 97 Aerostar AWD, future XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Freaken people.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Add a skid plate. Easy enough.

Also on a side note people are getting dumb. My mother in law had a freind of hers, younger than her male, riding with her the other day. Her jeep is an 05 and the exhaust is a lil louder. Not loud by any means still as quiet as any non performance exhaust. Her passenger said it sounded like her cat was stolen :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:. If you are missing a cat and the theives havent intalled a delete pipe for you then you probably wont be able to hear yourself think.

OP
OP
Scout

Scout

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’m so excited to get my truck. As with a lot of us it’s been a long wait… This just really pisses me off!

FakeCowboy

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru WRX
Maybe someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think it should be an issue on the Maverick, at least on the Ecoboost, I believe the cat converter is tucked up right off the exhaust manifold and nearly impossible to quickly get to. They usually do this in more modern engines to improve cat efficiency and get them heated up quicker but I guess a benefit is that they're nearly impossible to steal. I believe the only thing hanging underneath is a resonator.

Sponsored

RNeeley

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL, 1944 Willy MB, 1949 Dodge project.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
There was a news item last week where a cat thief died when the vehicle he was stealing from fell off the blocks he put it on. Not something I would want to discover.

I crawled under my Maverick and I don't think it would be too easy, but the lazy can be very creative, and put in an enormous amount and time and effort, to steal anything.

Ford Maverick Catalytic converter theft 0 exhaust

Z_ealot

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan 370Z, Honda Civic, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
There was a news item last week where a cat thief died when the vehicle he was stealing from fell off the blocks he put it on. Not something I would want to discover.

I crawled under my Maverick and I don't think it would be too easy, but the lazy can be very creative, and put in an enormous amount and time and effort, to steal anything.

0 exhaust.jpg
Not saying the more persistent thieves aren’t out there, but most of these guys that steal the converters have no clue about cars and are usually just looking for a quick hack and grab that can be done within about 5 minutes or less, that’s one reason my 96 civic has never had this issue is cause on the trim level i have the catalytic converters sits in front of the engine tucked up into the engine bay similar to how the maverick is

OP
OP
Scout

Scout

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

0 exhaust.jpg
Thank you for the pic

TheGriffin1313

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mongo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mav, 05 M3, 07GSXR
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I say if they come for your platinum... make sure they get your lead first ;) it maybe the only metal they leave with.

ScorpioST

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Leaf
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Pretty sure the cats are between the engine and firewall, not hanging underneath. Pretty much impossible to get, hybrid is like that for sure, not sure about EB.

Sponsored

jtpc2021

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think this issue has been raised before but here I go. My neighbor got hit last night and another 3 weeks ago! Really @#&$%me off! I’m getting a XLT hybrid next month 🤞. Has any put a cage or anything under their truck to prevent these #&@* heads from stealing the converters
They go for easy ones. Your hybrid won’t be worth attempting, so I wouldn’t worry.

ValenciaOrange

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They stole my catalytic converter several months ago. $3200.00 to replace. Covered by insurance minus $250.00 deductible. Sheriff told me they stole 6 that day, and it takes them less than 11 minutes to remove the converter. Said they also steal them during the daytime. Toyota Prius

rlhdweman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
64 Caddy Fleetwood,73 Caddy Sedan,75 Eldorado Conv
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Good old karma! Here in Wisconsin, a bill was signed recently that in order to sell a converter for scrap you must prove ownership of the vehicle is was on, it may not completely end the problem in the case of dishonest scrap dealers, but will certainly help.

Deejaid

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Area 51
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Having read often about thieves targeting the Prius and other hybrids due to the value of the catalytic converter, I wanted to make sure my Maverick and my wife 2022 Fored Escape plug in hybrid weren’t targets.

As others have mentioned in a few of these threads, the catalytic converter in the hybrid Maverick (and the Escape plug in hybrid) is in the engine bay between the engine and fire wall. Before learning of this I had already made an appointment with a local muffler shop to have a cage put around the catalytic converter.

Anyway, even though I’d learned that the cat was in the engine compartment and likely safe from theft, I kept my appointment at the muffler shop and had the Maverick put up on the lift the confirm that the cat couldn’t be stolen. Guy working at the shop said there was nothing to worry about. The cat is tucked way up in there isn’t accessible from under the vehicle.

OP
OP
Scout

Scout

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Having read often about thieves targeting the Prius and other hybrids due to the value of the catalytic converter, I wanted to make sure my Maverick and my wife 2022 Fored Escape plug in hybrid weren’t targets.

As others have mentioned in a few of these threads, the catalytic converter in the hybrid Maverick (and the Escape plug in hybrid) is in the engine bay between the engine and fire wall. Before learning of this I had already made an appointment with a local muffler shop to have a cage put around the catalytic converter.

Anyway, even though I’d learned that the cat was in the engine compartment and likely safe from theft, I kept my appointment at the muffler shop and had the Maverick put up on the lift the confirm that the cat couldn’t be stolen. Guy working at the shop said there was nothing to worry about. The cat is tucked way up in there isn’t accessible from under the vehicle.
Thank you
Sponsored