First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2 DR Wrangler (Current)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Same as in the US, Aug 2nd? Anyone know for sure?
Sponsored

icegradner

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Maybe? Considering you can in theory still walk into a dealer in Canada and place a MY22 order, what Ford Canada is doing is a mystery at best.

Hairski

First Name
Carson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Rav 4
I just asked my dealer and they have no idea when (They are also fairly clueless about everything else!).

Brian Wagg

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick, Lariat, Ecoboost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Test drove an XL Ecoboost at Mohawk Ford on Saturday. Emailed my sales guy yesterday (Monday) with my desired build and he says he's submitting my order to Ford. They've made it clear (and I already knew) that things could change with regards to pricing/options when details on MY23 are released, but they had zero issues taking my order. Going in on Saturday to sign some paperwork. Hoping they can confirm while I'm in, what day to expect details on MY23 Mavericks.

Most dealers I've spoken to in Southern Ontario (talked with 6-7 in the last couple months) have been taking MY23 orders.

wyouger

First Name
Williard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ranger
Test drove an XL Ecoboost at Mohawk Ford on Saturday. Emailed my sales guy yesterday (Monday) with my desired build and he says he's submitting my order to Ford. They've made it clear (and I already knew) that things could change with regards to pricing/options when details on MY23 are released, but they had zero issues taking my order. Going in on Saturday to sign some paperwork. Hoping they can confirm while I'm in, what day to expect details on MY23 Mavericks.

Most dealers I've spoken to in Southern Ontario (talked with 6-7 in the last couple months) have been taking MY23 orders.
The Canadian ordering system is a mystery to us south of the border. I don't know how they can still take 2022 orders with the plant capacity maxed since January. Please let us know when you get a conformation from Ford. Some dealers in the US are taking "2023 orders" but what they are really doing is taking down the customer's information to place the order on or after August 2

Sponsored

OP
OP
Milton Jeff

Milton Jeff

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The Canadian ordering system is a mystery to us south of the border. I don't know how they can still take 2022 orders with the plant capacity maxed since January. Please let us know when you get a conformation from Ford. Some dealers in the US are taking "2023 orders" but what they are really doing is taking down the customer's information to place the order on or after August 2
This is exactly the same here in Canada according to my GM contact. There are NO orders actually going to Ford corporate. Some (all?) dealers are just creating their own internal list for whenever the order banks do open. I placed this so called pre-order a month ago with her dealership and of course have never received any confirmation from Ford corporate. This is no current ROVP process active for the Ford Maverick.
Sadly we are not "special" here in Canada...:cry:

First Name
J R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nautilus Black Label, 2021 Nautilus Reserve
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ordered and received confirmation from Ford, 04 Oct, for Alto Blue Lariat Luxury package, AWD, 4k tow, hard rollup tonneau cover, moon roof, CP 360, 18” painted wheels, full size spare, all weather floor liners, splash guards, removable bed mat, bed divider kit, TOUCHLINK bed lighting kit, cargo bed net, and tailgate lock.

Visited my dealer last week and was told that I would not have to do anything. He said on 02 Aug Ford would automatically roll it over to a 2023 with a priority code 02 (my original order has a priority code 19).
I would think I would have to redo some paperwork. And it kind of confirms what I have been thinking, that there will be absolutely no changes for MY23.
Has anyone else had a similar conversation with their dealer?

OP
OP
Milton Jeff

Milton Jeff

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You definitely need to place a new MY23 order but DO NOT cancel your MY22 order at all. If they can't build your MY23 that new order will replace your MY22 order and you will get some sort of financial consideration. The amount hasn't been announced. Very important to not let your dealer cancel that MY22 order or you will be starting all over with wait times.

I assume you do not have a VIN as yet correct? Also do you know for a fact that your dealer did the proper ROVP process at that time? This is very important as a number of dealers messed up, definitely in the US at least.

Did you ever get the email from Ford a month or so ago asking to remove constrained items to improve your chances for a MY22?

Sagara

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ordered and received confirmation from Ford, 04 Oct, for Alto Blue Lariat Luxury package, AWD, 4k tow, hard rollup tonneau cover, moon roof, CP 360, 18” painted wheels, full size spare, all weather floor liners, splash guards, removable bed mat, bed divider kit, TOUCHLINK bed lighting kit, cargo bed net, and tailgate lock.

Visited my dealer last week and was told that I would not have to do anything. He said on 02 Aug Ford would automatically roll it over to a 2023 with a priority code 02 (my original order has a priority code 19).
I would think I would have to redo some paperwork. And it kind of confirms what I have been thinking, that there will be absolutely no changes for MY23.
Did the dealer not give you an order number and VIN at a later date?

Ordered mine on November 1st, got it in February. My options were XLT, Luxury, 4K, CP360, All Weather Liners.

wyouger

First Name
Williard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ranger

My dealer said the same thing but it isn't true. I actually feel sorry for people who rely on their dealers for information.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Milton Jeff

Milton Jeff

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Has anyone here in Canada got a Canadian dealer to confirm that Aug 2nd order date? Most I talk to just shrug their shoulders.

Geep

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT luxury hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is exactly the same here in Canada according to my GM contact. There are NO orders actually going to Ford corporate. Some (all?) dealers are just creating their own internal list for whenever the order banks do open. I placed this so called pre-order a month ago with her dealership and of course have never received any confirmation from Ford corporate. This is no current ROVP process active for the Ford Maverick.
Sadly we are not "special" here in Canada...:cry:
You never will get any details directly from Ford Canada…it goes to the dealership/sales person and it is up to them to keep you informed….or not…..I personally called my salesman bi weekly asking if he had any updates, on occasion I got news but only after I asked

TheWizziard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Oxford White
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Do you in Canada, by law, have to buy new cars form dealers as we do in the US?

Cromwell

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Do you in Canada, by law, have to buy new cars form dealers as we do in the US?
A quick search returned:
"There are no federal or provincial laws in Canada prohibiting the manufacturers from selling direct to consumer."
Sponsored