First Name
Darrin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Ram 1500/Maverick ordered
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Today the dealer told me I have a VIN assigned. Not showing a build week, but I think that means that I have been chosen by the claw! I am pretty grateful given what some people are experiencing.
I just got a VIN last Saturday (Bit of a shock)
My understanding is that April is the build month.
I then have to wait for the truck to be put on a slow train from Mexico going up the east cost of the U.S. and into eastern Canada, from there a long haul across to the west coast to Vancouver BC.
Next onto a auto hauler onto a ferry to Vancouver Island.
Please no train crashes, auto hauler crashes, and ship sinking. (Mavericks lost to U-Boat sinking...)
Sponsored

capo99

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Kicks
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I then have to wait for the truck to be put on a slow train from Mexico going up the east cost of the U.S. and into eastern Canada, from there a long haul across to the west coast to Vancouver BC.
Please no train crashes, auto hauler crashes, and ship sinking. (Mavericks lost to U-Boat sinking...)
Built mid Jan 2023 and still waiting for delivery to VI. Pretty pathetic if you ask me. No word from the dealer on when it will come.

OP
OP
Flub

Flub

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger 08
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Built mid Jan 2023 and still waiting for delivery to VI. Pretty pathetic if you ask me. No word from the dealer on when it will come.
Do you know if it is on a rail car?

capo99

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Kicks
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I Understand its in Vancouver and has been for at least a few weeks waiting for a transport.

D.Pears

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Darrin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Who did you place your order with?

I pulled my order out of Victoria after a year of waiting and seeing no vehicles moving on or off the lot.

My guess was that they had low allotments of orders and they placed all orders even roll overs at 19.

Then my sales person and sales manager were fired. So I pulled my order and moved it up to Island Ford Duncan. Thus far, they have been really great. They put my order back in at a ten and I got my VIN last Saturday. They are very open with clear communications.

Sponsored

D.Pears

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Darrin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The Mavericks just got the VIN tags so they will not have been built just yet.

I think that April is going to be the build month.
May -June for the nice train ride?
I am guessing a July delivery date. 🤞

D.Pears

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Darrin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Your waiting on my order to fill up the shipment to Vancouver Island.

capo99

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Kicks
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The Mavericks just got the VIN tags so they will not have been built just yet.

I think that April is going to be the build month.
May -June for the nice train ride?
I am guessing a July delivery date. 🤞
Who did you place your order with?

I pulled my order out of Victoria after a year of waiting and seeing no vehicles moving on or off the lot.

My guess was that they had low allotments of orders and they placed all orders even roll overs at 19.

Then my sales person and sales manager were fired. So I pulled my order and moved it up to Island Ford Duncan. Thus far, they have been really great. They put my order back in at a ten and I got my VIN last Saturday. They are very open with clear communications.
This is all on Ford in my opinion. Glen Oak has been pretty good. Ordered Nov. 21 and had a build date first week of Sept 2022 that was rolled over to 2023. The long wait, train ride and wait in Vancouver is all on Ford not the dealer. Carson Group owns Suburban and Glen Oak so their combined allocations would be decent. I have seen a few Mavericks go through Glen Oak. The prices I’ve seen Island Ford advertise for Mavericks seem pretty outrageous to me.

D.Pears

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Darrin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This is all on Ford in my opinion. Glen Oak has been pretty good. Ordered Nov. 21 and had a build date first week of Sept 2022 that was rolled over to 2023. The long wait, train ride and wait in Vancouver is all on Ford not the dealer. Carson Group owns Suburban and Glen Oak so their combined allocations would be decent. I have seen a few Mavericks go through Glen Oak. The prices I’ve seen Island Ford advertise for Mavericks seem pretty outrageous to me.
This whole mark up at the dealers seems to me, to be par for the course with all of the Ford dealers. Just as long as they do not mark up the private orders.

I really hope that you get your Maverick for the beginning of summer!

I remember that you had said before, the reason you waited so long for your hybrid order is you are going too flat tow with it.

Moby

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3 sprinter van 65 chevy 11 Doka syncro
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Well now I am in a real spot . First an update , I have two mavericks on order now. First order December 2021 XL 4K is supposed to be built April 11 and arrive late May . Second truck is a Tremor and coming in 2024 . My current ride is an H3 Hummer .three weeks ago it cost 880 bucks in repairs . On saturday the transfer case went ,garage has quoted about 4,500 to fix it . I have a tough decision to make this morning . Right now I wish I would just have bought something else 15 months ago.
Sponsored