Sponsored

Can you disable "check rear seats" alarm?

rdnbrbk

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cactus Lariat 2.5L
I just picked up my Maverick 2 days ago and I love it. But I'm wondering if anybody else finds the notification to check the rear seats anytime you happen to open the rear doors and then you end up getting out of the car annoying like I do? If so does anybody know how you can disable that notification?
Sponsored

19redsox67

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Kona. 2013 Soul
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think this a new safety standard in all cars. That message also appears in my wife’s 2022 Hyundai Kona. Some people are too stupid to realize their kid is in the backseat and need a reminder. But if it saves one life I’m good with it

Hdang1980

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford Maverick Can you disable "check rear seats" alarm? 1655328793861

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee ** 2023 Mav FX/4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
More nanny state. However, I see the notification as saving lives so yes that is a good thing but in the long term ya just can't fix stupid. Forrest Gump had it right.

Sponsored

Bj517

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Don't have kids so it's turned off on my truck. My main issue is that if it comes on every single time no matter what, people are quickly going to just automatically start ignoring it. Then it won't do any good. Boy who cried wolf sort of situation.

Ideally you'd have sensors in the backseat (that you could zero out with the weight of an empty car seat) so that it only comes on if there's actually extra weight (a kid) back there when you turn the car off

Last edited:
OP
OP

rdnbrbk

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cactus Lariat 2.5L
Thanks for the help!

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
Undecided
I just picked up my Maverick 2 days ago and I love it. But I'm wondering if anybody else finds the notification to check the rear seats anytime you happen to open the rear doors and then you end up getting out of the car annoying like I do? If so does anybody know how you can disable that notification?
Happy to hear you are loving the new Maverick! :)

Ken L

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Kia Soul
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't have my Maverick yet, so I'm not aware of the warning method. BUT if it saves just one life, I will be willing to put up with any type of alarm/warning. I'm aware of two instances this summer where infant/toddler were accidentally left in the vehicle for the day. Parent that doesn't normally drive child to day care or driver distracted, thinking of the upcoming days work or ??.
If the truck is used as a work truck, maybe have dealer reprogram or alter the alarm.
Ken

Sponsored

Milqueman

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Kia Sportage Hybrid, 2013 Hyundai Elantra
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Don't have kids so it's turned off on my truck. My main issue is that if it comes on every single time no matter what, people are quickly going to just automatically start ignoring it. Then it won't do any good. Boy who cried wolf sort of situation.

Ideally you'd have sensors in the backseat (that you could zero out with the weight of an empty car seat) so that it only comes on if there's actually extra weight (a kid) back there when you turn the car off
Hmm... Just like how the the airbag system senses weight in the passenger seat and won't deploy if there isn't enough weight. Sounds like the systems already exists, just needs to be applied to the back seat for the warning system.

Droid82

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm more interested in finding a way to delete that seatbelt check mark everytime you take off you have to hit the ok button

JimParker256

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Area 51 Hybrid FE, 2014 Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

This is in my manual also but not in my vehicle., When pressing Vehicle, rear occupant alert is not there.
It's only present for the vehicles with Sync3, according to the manual. I've got it on my Lariat Lux, and turned it off.

Even when you turn it off, It reminds you twice a year that you've disabled it.

JimParker256

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Area 51 Hybrid FE, 2014 Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I'm more interested in finding a way to delete that seatbelt check mark everytime you take off you have to hit the ok button
This is interesting: I have a Lariat Hybrid Lux, and I have never once seen this "seatbelt check mark" popup message. Of course, my wife and I (the only two people ever in the Maverick to this point) always buckle our seatbelts before pressing the "start" button, so there's that...

There is a post somewhere here on MTC where instructions are provided to disable the seatbelt chime and reminder on a seat-by-seat basis. I have no idea whether or not that would prevent the pop-up message.
Sponsored