First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wish I would've jumped on this band wagon when it was an option. Chapman is only 2.5 hrs north of us.

Time for the true hate, the car isn't for me, it's for my son who's learning to drive. We bought the Subaru way before it was time for him to learn because our other cars aren't really a good idea for him to learn (one is way too overpowered and the other is way too big), and we got it right as the pandemic started so we got a killer deal when no one was going into dealers plus 0% apr. The Subaru is stick shift and he's not able to use it because my wife isn't able to drive stick and thus isn't able to teach him. I'll be deployed for some time and we need him driving yesterday with my wife working full time and him going to college and running track at odd hours. Thus we kinda need a solution now and this checks alot of boxes. I guess in the end I'm willing to pay the extra for the easy button solution and I'll rue the day I did lmao about until my wife says my son got his license and all is good in the world, then I'll just move on with my life. :)
Oh dang lol, you are way nicer than I am! If it was my kid (thankfully don't have to worry about this for another 12 years) I would be getting him a cheap Hyundai, or something! 10 year warranty, so you/him don't have to worry about that in years to come. If he wanted more he can figure out a way to pay for it 🤣

Maybe my kid will get my old Maverick when she can drive and I will get a new one.

But yea I completely understand the convenience factor playing into this.
Sponsored

Wilky4258

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord, Dodge Challenger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Meh, a couple years from now ford will be putting rebates on these to move them.
Not if they only build them by orders as they are doing now and they will only grow more popular once more are on the road to be seen so I respectfully disagree. Once Ford stopped taking orders on the Maverick they now realize what they have with this truck.

sseiler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAV 4 XSE
I have no problem looking nationally or frankly driving really far away to get a better deal, I'll take a look now but do you know of any with in stock or soon to arrive Mavericks? Furthest I've gone for a deal to date was NC to FL and I didn't mind it one bit.
Have you searched cars.com? They have a pretty wide assortment of Mavs, some that are reasonably priced (and a lot that are not). This might help the search.

Man, honestly, I would probably be willing to pay just a bit over MSRP if I didn’t have an order In. Honestly, $6k over isn’t the craziest price hike I’ve seen. It’s a ton of money, so I’m not sure I could stomach $6k. I might be able to go $3k over. Also, for me, though, (drive) time is money, and I prefer to buy local.

Maybe take a couple weeks to monitor the “call for price” Mavs or any that should arrive soon. Use the Ford website to find a list of dealers in your state and bordering states. Call’em to see if they have any coming in or orders that people bailed on. You might be able to catch one for MSRP.

if you can find a place in a neighboring state or something that would be willing to sell the same Lariat closer to MSRP. Get an estimate in writing, and then take it into your local dealer and see if you can leverage that deal. I’ve done this with every car I have purchased in the past 20 years. It might not work in this market, but it’s worth a shot.

Unless you can hold out for a 2023, you might have to eat the “market adjustment” if you really want a Mav. 🤷🏽‍♂️

OP
OP

idoitforv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Subaru Impreza
Oh dang lol, you are way nicer than I am! If it was my kid (thankfully don't have to worry about this for another 12 years) I would be getting him a cheap Hyundai, or something! 10 year warranty, so you/him don't have to worry about that in years to come. If he wanted more he can figure out a way to pay for it 🤣

Maybe my kid will get my old Maverick when she can drive and I will get a new one.

But yea I completely understand the convenience factor playing into this.
lmao you're not wrong but I love to do all kinds of DIY projects around the house and having to stuff them into my car or my wife's looks ridiculous (she got so mad when I put sod in her SUV)! So I will be getting use out of it myself. Plus having a little hybrid compared to our two gas guzzers could do us some good. So we'll be using it too but he's a really good kid and totally deservers it (in college by 16, varsity track team, works in the summers, does all the chores no wants like dishes and lawn) and we have the means so... Lariat Maverick? lol

HotJombalya

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jombee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Ford Ranger Edge, 2022 Mitsubishi Outlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Sponsored

OP
OP

idoitforv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Subaru Impreza
Have you searched cars.com? They have a pretty wide assortment of Mavs, some that are reasonably priced (and a lot that are not). This might help the search.

Man, honestly, I would probably be willing to pay just a bit over MSRP if I didn’t have an order In. Honestly, $6k over isn’t the craziest price hike I’ve seen. It’s a ton of money, so I’m not sure I could stomach $6k. I might be able to go $3k over. Also, for me, though, (drive) time is money, and I prefer to buy local.

Maybe take a couple weeks to monitor the “call for price” Mavs or any that should arrive soon. Use the Ford website to find a list of dealers in your state and bordering states. Call’em to see if they have any coming in or orders that people bailed on. You might be able to catch one for MSRP.

if you can find a place in a neighboring state or something that would be willing to sell the same Lariat closer to MSRP. Get an estimate in writing, and then take it into your local dealer and see if you can leverage that deal. I’ve done this with every car I have purchased in the past 20 years. It might not work in this market, but it’s worth a shot.

Unless you can hold out for a 2023, you might have to eat the “market adjustment” if you really want a Mav. 🤷🏽‍♂️
I really like this idea of attempting to leverage them, I tried super hard to get them down to $4k over sticker and failed. To be fair they started at $15k on the trade and I worked them up to $18.5k I'll give this a shot!

tonyinsd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT, Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So it gets tighter. So you have to wait a few months longer.

I don’t understand why anyone would pay over sticker for any vehicle ever.

Lots of rich people who just don’t care about money out there.

I wouldn’t pay one dollar over sticker, ever.
I know people who were c-level execs at S&P 500 companies or who sold their companies to those firms. They'll spend a lot of money but they do it wisely.

That's how they stay wealthy.

Yes, they could easily piss away six, ten, twenty, even 100 grand. But they don't. They want any purchase they make to be a financially sensible one.

Jimmy P

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Chevy Silverado
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Wish I would've jumped on this band wagon when it was an option. Chapman is only 2.5 hrs north of us.

Time for the true hate, the truck isn't for me, it's for my son who's learning to drive. We bought the Subaru way before it was time for him to learn because our other cars aren't really a good idea for him to learn (one is way too overpowered and the other is way too big), and we got it right as the pandemic started so we got a killer deal when no one was going into dealers plus 0% apr. The Subaru is stick shift and he's not able to use it because my wife isn't able to drive stick and thus isn't able to teach him. I'll be deployed for some time and we need him driving yesterday with my wife working full time and him going to college and running track at odd hours. Thus we kinda need a solution now and this checks alot of boxes. I guess in the end I'm willing to pay the extra for the easy button solution and I'll rue the day I did lmao about until my wife says my son got his license and all is good in the world, then I'll just move on with my life. :)
IMO, every young driver needs to learn to drive a stick. It's a rite of passage. Plus, he'll be able to do something that none of his friends can do.

Then again, I'm 60. I hate this push button world with people paying $23 for a Big Mac to get it delivered by Door Dash because they can't get in their car and drive ten minutes to get it themselves (in a car with an automatic!)

Ok, now that I'm breathing normally again, I suggest you keep the Subie, enjoy the low payment, and forego the ADM.

Sponsored

2022EOW

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You're getting screwed. Have some patience and order one when you can get it for MSRP or below and sell your car to Carvana separately. That is the best route to go. My hybrid Lux Lariat should arrive within the next few days, I am paying $1,900 under MSRP (dealer fees included) and selling my '14 Focus for way more than I thought I would get for it to Carvana. Ordered way back in mid June, and have been patient.

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
After attempting to find a 2022 dealer stock hybrid lariat for anywhere near sticker and failing miserably I'm considering purchasing one that is yet to arrive from a local dealership in the DMV area. They're refusing to budge off their $6k markup and they're charging a ridiculous "Processing Fee" of $899.

They are taking a student rebate of $750 off and the only reason I'm truly considering this is my trade value. I'm trading a 2017 Subaru Impreza that I bought 2 years ago for $16k, put on 10k miles, Subaru had it at about $13k value and I'm getting $18.5k on the trade. My idea, crazy high trade values are washing out the crazy ADM on the Maverick.

Thoughts? Should I do it? I've NEVER paid over MSRP, usually way under invoice, but these times and all these other buyers (I guess including me if I move forward) are making it impossible to do that. Truck is listed on United Road Tracker with a load number and Ford tracker has it as an early Feb delivery.
A FOOL AND HIS MONEY đź’°

Dun4791

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy,dodge, ford,vw,honda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I know people who were c-level execs at S&P 500 companies or who sold their companies to those firms. They'll spend a lot of money but they do it wisely.

That's how they stay wealthy.

Yes, they could easily piss away six, ten, twenty, even 100 grand. But they don't. They want any purchase they make to be a financially sensible one.
Maybe it’s the poor people who are payment driven then, I dunno but throwing 6k dealer add on out the window is crazy to me.

tonyinsd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT, Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Maybe it’s the poor people who are payment driven then, I dunno but throwing 6k dealer add on out the window is crazy to me.
It is. It's why dealers hate it when you focus on the price and tell them you don't care about the payments.

People who have the assets to slide a credit card to the dealer and say put it on this, knowing they can pay it all off before the bill comes due, focus on the price.
Sponsored