Sponsored

Buying $6k ADM Hybrid Lariat, thoughts?

Enderet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Just wanted to cap this off and put it out to pasture, I've heard everyone on here and I appreciate your input. I know this is not the best financial decision but to be fair to all of you that got the truck for under MSRP my actions are only boasting your value so you really should be thanking me lol.

In any case we decide against the popular opinion on here and we'll be the new owners of Carbonized Grey Metallic Hybrid Lariat Maverick soon. I look forward to the insight these boards can often provide, and I'm excited to become part of such a lively and involved bunch!
Congratulations on the new Maverick!
Sponsored

RussellP IL

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mav hybrid. 20 escape hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
weeeelllll, I just bought an x l t Maverick with a FX4 package Area 51 for $5,000 over MSRP..... Very much against my beliefs, but I have a hybrid on order that I should receive some time in the next three years and I'll just sell one and hopefully I won't have to eat too much money out of it. Just got tired of driving that shity Ranger and waiting for news on the hybrid I ordered in October.

RussellP IL

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
By the way in this area they're few and far between, and they're all marked up between 5000 and $15,000 right now

RussellP IL

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It may actually turn out to be a bargain if everything stays as tight as it is

Chicago Mike

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Shadow Black Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well i guess 6K is not that bad considering the markups i see at cars.com
Ford Maverick Buying $6k ADM Hybrid Lariat, thoughts? 1643230772610

Sponsored

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
In the end if you are comfortable with the price and happy with your purchase that's all that matters.

One thing people don't understand, the dealer markups are happening because the dealerships have to make up for lost volume. Sure, some are price gouging a bit but high prices also serve a valuable purpose - they preserve supply for people willing to pay more. If every mav was priced at msrp there would be none on the lots no matter how desperate you were for a new truck. High prices also signal to other manufacturers that there is money to be made and that they should jump into the segment, which increases supply and viola! prices go down.

Enjoy your nice new truck!

WesM

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well i guess 6K is not that bad considering the markups i see at cars.com
1643230772610.png
Yea I looked at my dealership, Chapman Horsham PA and they had almost $10k ADM on the Maverick that was in stock.

Also Congrats to the OP, hope you and your kid have a blast with the new Maverick!

OP
OP

idoitforv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Subaru Impreza
lmao so after they did the initial intake, dealer informed me it's part of the gas tank recall (all I could hear is that sound from the price is right when someone lost their game) so now my wait begins for whatever parts they say it needs. Looking at a early to mid February delivery. After taking a look at the recall thread, sounds like they need to visually inspect and pressure test, if it passes they have single use bolts that need to get replaced, if it fails its a gas tank replacement and who knows how long that would take. Once I've taken a breath from looking at Maverick's I'll likely put out some feelers with dealers receiving Mav's to see if I could get a better deal but the dealership swears this one is mine till it's ready.

Last edited:

NOLAguy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee
In the end if you are comfortable with the price and happy with your purchase that's all that matters.

One thing people don't understand, the dealer markups are happening because the dealerships have to make up for lost volume. Sure, some are price gouging a bit but high prices also serve a valuable purpose - they preserve supply for people willing to pay more. If every mav was priced at msrp there would be none on the lots no matter how desperate you were for a new truck. High prices also signal to other manufacturers that there is money to be made and that they should jump into the segment, which increases supply and viola! prices go down.

Enjoy your nice new truck!
Nonsense

Sponsored

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What part of what I wrote had no meaning or made no sense?
You asked what is "nonsense", that's the definition of nonsense. I was trying to add a little humor, not pick a fight. Sorry if you're offended.

jc888888888

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat eco boost, Mustang Mach E , Porsche Boxster
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
After attempting to find a 2022 dealer stock hybrid lariat for anywhere near sticker and failing miserably I'm considering purchasing one that is yet to arrive from a local dealership in the DMV area. They're refusing to budge off their $6k markup and they're charging a ridiculous "Processing Fee" of $899.

They are taking a student rebate of $750 off and the only reason I'm truly considering this is my trade value. I'm trading a 2017 Subaru Impreza that I bought 2 years ago for $16k, put on 10k miles, Subaru had it at about $13k value and I'm getting $18.5k on the trade. My idea, crazy high trade values are washing out the crazy ADM on the Maverick.

Thoughts? Should I do it? I've NEVER paid over MSRP, usually way under invoice, but these times and all these other buyers (I guess including me if I move forward) are making it impossible to do that. Truck is listed on United Road Tracker with a load number and Ford tracker has it as an early Feb delivery.
All things considered ,If you want the truck buy it ! With production ceasing on all Mavericks their value will at least stay where they are and probably go up. I here you! I have bought more 20 new cars and never paid sticker . A Lariat hybrid is rare. I do not know your financial situation .I would go down to the dealer with my checkbook .And say I am here right now and ready to give you a big deposit and completely put the deal to bed right now sign all paperwork and we are DONE. Try to get them to shave $1000 or 2 off. Little know fact Dealers love to make end of the month deals to boost their monthly numbers . you might get lucky and shave a little off . worth a try go in person ,not over the phone

Mav2Scamp

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat FX4 4K tow,19 CRV EX-L
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You have a nice 2 year old so you don’t need a Maverick so bad that you’re will to let a dealer steal the equity your built up in your Subaru. Be patient, remember you are the customer they need you you don’t need them. Look for another dealer with no ADM’s to find what you want and if you can’t find it wait til August and build exactly what you want. There are dealer who will sell at MSRP and ship it to you for free. Don’t be a victim be a customer with boundaries,
Sponsored