stoptothink

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 VW jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Fyi... Contrary to very popular belief, body joints, backs and pretty much every other body part don't wear out and break down like car parts🧐. A long term (e.g., 30 year) study indicated lack of use, trauma (auto accident, etc.) and diet cause them to wear out and break down over time.😉. And by far, it's dietary issues.
As someone who conducts research in this realm for a living, what study are you referring to?
Sponsored

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Fyi... Contrary to very popular belief, body joints, backs and pretty much every other body part don't wear out and break down like car parts🧐. A long term (e.g., 30 year) study indicated lack of use, trauma (auto accident, etc.) and diet cause them to wear out and break down over time.😉. And by far, it's dietary issues.
Really, so theoretically we could all live forever and be in peak biomechanical condition at 500?

atomguy245

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Bolt EUV, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
At this point I am buying my Maverick come hell or high water, just for the accomplishment of actually getting it. I'll decide if I like it later

Mavonorder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Really, so theoretically we could all live forever and be in peak biomechanical condition at 500?
No one knows...ask Methuselah 👍. Some "real experts" on nutrition think 140 or 150 is totally possible, and not all decrepit either. I believe them.

Sponsored

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

No one knows...ask Methuselah 👍. Some "real experts" on nutrition think 140 or 150 is totally possible, and not all decrepit either. I believe them.
Let us know when you hit 110 and still feeling spry! I think old Methusela made it to 900 something. He must have eaten incredibly clean.

Mavonorder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Let us know when you hit 110 and still feeling spry!
Funny you should say this, the first podcast I saw which really opened my eyes to eating healthy was from a website called something like "live to 110". Was life changing.

Last edited:

Mavonorder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
As someone who conducts research in this realm for a living, what study are you referring to?
I didn't read the study...a local news channel reported it 6 or 7 years ago and I didn't give it much thought at the time, other than just before I heard the story, I was contemplating buying a vehicle with a stick shift in 2016 and thinking this may be my last chance to drive a stick before my knees wore out and couldn't handle the manual clutch. I didn't buy
a vehicle with a stick. After studying nutrition for personal reasons for the last 8 years, the findings make sense now.

Last edited:

Mavonorder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
At this point I am buying my Maverick come hell or high water, just for the accomplishment of actually getting it. I'll decide if I like it later
To get back on topic, I really like my EB Mav now that I used it to tow 3,900 lbs for the first time! My trip consisted of a 7 mile round trip launching a pontoon boat and it did GREAT! Now I can drive to use my boat and not spend $120 in gas ($55 for the Mav) just to reach the boat! Nothing on the market comes close to the utility of the EB or the EV Mav.... and that's a plain fact.

stoptothink

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 VW jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I didn't read the study...a local news channel reported it 6 or 7 years ago and I didn't give it much thought at the time, other than just before I heard the story,After studying nutrition for personal reasons for the last 8 years, the findings make sense now.
:LOL: Exactly what I thought. FWIW, one of my MS' is in nutritional science and my PhD is related to this, I conduct health science research (primarily metabolic) and oversee a metabolic health program for a large medical facility - my life revolves around lifestyle as medicine. I have no idea what you are talking about, but the premise absolutely is not correct. You can certainly do yourself a ton of help in this regard with nutrition and activity, but age is the greatest risk factor for virtually every musculoskeletal issue regardless. This is one of the reasons why there is so much current interest in molecules believed to regulate the aging process (sirtuins, NAD+). For just one example, no matter how "healthy" your lifestyle, by age 60 >90% of people will show some disc degeneration and it is essentially 100% by 65- zilch you can do about it. https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-021-84724-6

Last edited:
Sponsored

Mavonorder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
:LOL: Exactly what I thought. FWIW, one of my MS' is in nutritional science and my PhD is related to this, I conduct health science research (primarily metabolic) and oversee a metabolic health program for a large medical facility - my life revolves around lifestyle as medicine. I have no idea what you are talking about, but the premise absolutely is not correct. You can certainly do yourself a ton of help in this regard with nutrition and activity, but age is the greatest risk factor for virtually every musculoskeletal issue regardless. This is one of the reasons why there is so much current interest in molecules believed to regulate the aging process (sirtuins, NAD+). For just one example, no matter how "healthy" your lifestyle, by age 60 >90% of people will show some disc degeneration and it is essentially 100% by 65- zilch you can do about it. https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-021-84724-6
With all your training and expertise, then you know all about oxalates and lectins...right?

AzCactusGray

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C5, SC430, 67XKE, 08 XJR, 78 F250, 22 Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am getting to order a 2023 Maverick and I am getting concerned about all the issues I am reading about. Anyone want to chime in and make me feel more confident about my potential purchase? How many of you are sorry you bought the vehicle.
I am so upset with the Maverick that 3 months, 5K flawless miles later, as soon as the 2023 orders open up (in a bit over two weeks from now) we will order a SECOND Hybrid Maverick.

stoptothink

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 VW jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
With all your training and expertise, then you know all about oxalates and lectins...right?
I'm sure you read Steven Gundry's "Plant Paradox" and now lectins and oxalates are evil...it isn't that simple. It also has little to do with your original post. If you want to discuss the human body, diet, metabolism, aging, etc. any further, feel free to send me a private message.

Last edited:

IronHammer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Velocity Blue XLT (no lux) FX4, 4K
To get back on topic, I really like my EB Mav now that I used it to tow 3,900 lbs for the first time! My trip consisted of a 7 mile round trip launching a pontoon boat and it did GREAT! Now I can drive to use my boat and not spend $120 in gas ($55 for the Mav) just to reach the boat! Nothing on the market comes close to the utility of the EB or the EV Mav.... and that's a plain fact.
I keep waffling on whether I'm gonna keep my 4K EB Mav or upgrade to a 2023 hybrid Mav. I just can't decide if the trade-off in towing cap is worth the small increase in MPG. My usage is around 60% highway and 40% city. Can't make up my mind. Frustrating!

ldanielsjr

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer XLT / 2018 Ford Expedition Ltd
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I am a 22 order holder getting pushed to 23. I ordered in January. Although I am disappointed I have not yet gotten my truck, I think being pushed to 23 is a blessing in disguise. Overall, I believe the Maverick is a great vehicle, but clearly there were some issues. Some have been corrected at the factory and some led to recalls.

This will all get sorted out in time, but I think for 23, there will be far fewer issues. The big issues are known now, being addressed and should be much fewer in year two. I actually feel good about a 23 Maverick, and continue to be eager for my truck. This is said with full knowledge of the known issues, but also a ton of feedback from customers on this forum who absolutely LOVE the Maverick. Thousands upon thousands of satisfied customers can't be wrong.
I agree ... I missed out on ordering the MY22 and look forward to ordering a MY23. This group has been more than helpful with continuous informative posts on both the positive and negative aspects of the first year Maverick. I have learned a great deal and have made some of the decisions toward the MY23 based on the posts on this group.
Sponsored