First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Dave, have you been driving your maverick much since installing the catch can? What kind of accumulation are you seeing so far? What’s “normal” accumulation like in your experience?
I haven't checked mine yet.
Sponsored

jmcgon237

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Nissan Frontier
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The hose you tied into that runs from the valve cover to the air tube is not a vent from the engine but is a suction line for the PCV system to get clean air into the engine. The flow in that hose runs from the air tube to the engine. The 2.0 Ecoboost still has the PCV system behind the intake manifold. There is a PCV plate attached to the engine block ( google Radium PCV plate to see what it looks like ). There will be a hose running from that plate to a vacuum source. There is where you need to insert your catch can. If still confused see JLT oil catch can install on 2.0 Ecoboost for a Ford Focus or the Radium catch can install also for the Ford Focus. Instead you might want to buy the JLT can, they are a lot less expensive than what you offer.

Brian_J

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 R6, HPR Maverick AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The hose you tied into that runs from the valve cover to the air tube is not a vent from the engine but is a suction line for the PCV system to get clean air into the engine. The flow in that hose runs from the air tube to the engine. The 2.0 Ecoboost still has the PCV system behind the intake manifold. There is a PCV plate attached to the engine block ( google Radium PCV plate to see what it looks like ). There will be a hose running from that plate to a vacuum source. There is where you need to insert your catch can. If still confused see JLT oil catch can install on 2.0 Ecoboost for a Ford Focus or the Radium catch can install also for the Ford Focus. Instead you might want to buy the JLT can, they are a lot less expensive than what you offer.
Interesting! It appears that there is 2 different systems on the focus st engine. As such, jlt sells 2 catch cans, and recommends you buy both.

OP
OP
Buschur

Buschur

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The hose that we tied into draws vapors/oil directly from the valve cover, as I have stated. The can on my truck has now been taken off multiple times for test fitting etc. of the final product. Each time the can has had a substantial amount of water/oil in it.

LC48

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, AWD, Carbonized Gray. Highlander Lim
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

The hose that we tied into draws vapors/oil directly from the valve cover, as I have stated. The can on my truck has now been taken off multiple times for test fitting etc. of the final product. Each time the can has had a substantial amount of water/oil in it.
You mentioned at one point the possibility of a vented can, any chance another kit for the block vent is on the drawing board?

Also, at this point does a customer order either the intake or current catch can via email - or?

Thanks

Sponsored

OP
OP
Buschur

Buschur

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You mentioned at one point the possibility of a vented can, any chance another kit for the block vent is on the drawing board?

Also, at this point does a customer order either the intake or current catch can via email - or?

Thanks
There is a much more complex catch can kit coming for guys who want it and don't need to worry about emission testing. We are having some parts CNC'd for that right now. The kit price will go up too of course.

Easiest way to order is just call, 567-424-0471. The products will be on the site this week.

Larrythelunatic

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 Toyota Pickup. 22 IS hybrid Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

There is a much more complex catch can kit coming for guys who want it and don't need to worry about emission testing. We are having some parts CNC'd for that right now. The kit price will go up too of course.

Easiest way to order is just call, 567-424-0471. The products will be on the site this week.
I take it that this will NOT activate a check-engine dash light.
In my state they no longer shove a sniffer up the tailpipe. They, instead, rely on the onboard computer to get you your inspection sticker.

OP
OP
Buschur

Buschur

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I take it that this will NOT activate a check-engine dash light.
In my state they no longer shove a sniffer up the tailpipe. They, instead, rely on the onboard computer to get you your inspection sticker.
Absolutely will NOT cause any check engine lights. Simple install, no issues.

EMD_Driver

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F-350 DRW 6.7 / 2022 Maverick XLT 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Oh do tell! Pics would be awesome too! Of course, I can always wait for it to be on the website.. Would you please post a direct link to the item, once it's available?

OP
OP
Buschur

Buschur

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sponsored

jpage8645

First Name
Jeremy Page
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150, 1973 Maverick, 2012 Tundra, 2020 F250

Can we order the more complex can now by calling in the order? Or are we waiting for you to post that one as well?

Larrythelunatic

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 Toyota Pickup. 22 IS hybrid Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Can we order the more complex can now by calling in the order? Or are we waiting for you to post that one as well?
“Don’t need to worry about emission testing”
In other words…….
It’s a polluter!
(Someone needed to say it!)

OP
OP
Buschur

Buschur

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
We are waiting on parts to be CNC'd for that and won't be able to give pricing until it's all done. I'd prefer you wait. Thanks!

OP
OP
Buschur

Buschur

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
“Don’t need to worry about emission testing”
In other words…….
It’s a polluter!
(Someone needed to say it!)
Odd group of guys in this community.

Doesn't "pollute" just isn't a sealed can which is what the EPA/OEM wants.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.