David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Embedded video

Dave, I assumed the maverick awd was fwd till the wheels slipped then it sent power to the rear. You video shows the rear wheels spinning too. Would you say it always sends some power to the back?
The truck is all time AWD, our dyno is also Mustang 500, so the front and rear rollers are linked, I have to un-couple the rollers to use the dyno just as RWD/FWD.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Buschur

Buschur

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I thought the EcoBoost had an 8 speed transmission?
They do have an 8 speed. Typically you dyno in the 1:1 gear, this truck has no manual setting to lock the trans into a gear (not that I found anyway) so it was easiest to dyno based on MPH and run it 1-4. It also made for seeing why it feels so good when you first hit it, the torque converter is excellent.

OP
OP
Buschur

Buschur

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Why would you trash your new engine on a Dyno, with 100 miles on the clock. 'Sure glad I don't buy used cars.
Trash an engine? LOL. I've been building engines/cars for 32 years now, we build them here, once they are started, verified there are no leaks, the cars are loaded directly onto the dyno and ran at full boost/max RPM within 5 miles of being built. So in many cases, like last week, 9500 rpm and 40+ psi of boost on 2.0 Mitsubishi engines. There are many thoughts on engine break in, mine has been and has proven to be perfect, run them like you are going to drive them.

Canis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VWs
We have snow here, I also like to offroad and this build is for overlanding and pulling a trailer I built to haul my side by side on. So the AWD was the best option.
Going to make the perfect overland companion!
The truck is all time AWD, our dyno is also Mustang 500, so the front and rear rollers are linked, I have to un-couple the rollers to use the dyno just as RWD/FWD.
I thought it was the dyno... bummer, i was hoping there was some secret RWD biased option in the Mav with the intelligent AWD lol! Here's to at least hoping it will be good for some on-road performance on the twisty back roads.

OP
OP
Buschur

Buschur

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Trash? 😆😆😆
At the auto manufacture I used to work for, we drove the hell out of the NEW cars before they ever shipped.
That's what the test track is for. 😉
Every vehicle got trashed, before it was shipped.
If that Dyno trashes this motor. I wouldn't want to own this vehicle or any other, that couldn't withstand the stress.

Chances are your current vehicle wasn't a virgin and was rode hard and put up wet as well.
That's an outstanding point actually. My uncle was the head electrical engineer for Kentucky truck in Louisville. I went and toured the plant with him, they had a line of new F150's EB's waiting to go on the dyno there, ROWS of dyno's. They dyno'd ever XX truck to verify all was well as they came off the line.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Buschur

Buschur

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Going to make the perfect overland companion!

I thought it was the dyno... bummer, i was hoping there was some secret RWD biased option in the Mav with the intelligent AWD lol! Here's to at least hoping it will be good for some on-road performance on the twisty back roads.
The cornering of this truck is EXCELLENT, it's more car like than truck for sure.

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The cornering of this truck is EXCELLENT, it's more car like than truck for sure.
Exactly- I think people will be surprised when they hit a tight curve and give it some gas, the back end is locked down tight with little roll at all-

Deacon Blues

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Fit, 1997 F150
247.2 WHP is very impressive, considering Ford rates the engine at 250 crank hp.
I took an ecoboost Maverick out for a test drive recently, and was impressed with the power. I'd be happy with the power, but a better sounding exhaust would be a nice addition.

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
247.2 WHP is very impressive, considering Ford rates the engine at 250 crank hp.
I took an ecoboost Maverick out for a test drive recently, and was impressed with the power. I'd be happy with the power, but a better sounding exhaust would be a nice addition.
Could use a throatier intake as well-

Sponsored

Gmood1

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
G-man
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Optima
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I plan to test drive one this coming Friday. I want to see what all the fuss is about.😁

I don't expect Alfa Romeo handling. But it would be nice if it could give me a taste of that and that low rpm turbo torque I miss.
Naturally aspirated just doesn't do for me anymore.

I like the feel of boosted engines.
I'll be watching this thread to see what the modifiers come up with.

Henria87

First Name
Henri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester xt
WOW flash back i remember see you at E town with the talon's and the clipse.
a few of my friends still have them to this day fun times

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

What Drive Mode was the truck in when on the dyno?

Also the dyno video shows a size of 30.5 MB but cannot be played, viewed or downloaded.
I don't think it matters if it is like BMW, all it does it change throttle mapping. Makes the same HP. My M5 makes the same 879HP in normal mode as it does in Sport Mode

OP
OP
Buschur

Buschur

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
WOW flash back i remember see you at E town with the talon's and the clipse.
a few of my friends still have them to this day fun times
That was a LONG time ago! Great memories!

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Iv
Trash an engine? LOL. I've been building engines/cars for 32 years now, we build them here, once they are started, verified there are no leaks, the cars are loaded directly onto the dyno and ran at full boost/max RPM within 5 miles of being built. So in many cases, like last week, 9500 rpm and 40+ psi of boost on 2.0 Mitsubishi engines. There are many thoughts on engine break in, mine has been and has proven to be perfect, run them like you are going to drive them.
I've done the same thing on every new Harley that I've bought over the last 15 years and I've never had an issue!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.