First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've been super excited to get started on this new platform at our shop. Dealer called yesterday to let me know my Cactus Grey Maverick came in. I ordered the 2.0 turbo, AWD, FX4 package with Max Tow.

I have not seen one of these in person up until I got there today, this was the first one to come in at the dealership. The color is odd, it's a grey'ish/blue to me, it's growing on me but not what I expected. The blue interior with the orange highlights and plastic trim........well to be honest, I'm not a huge fan. I'd have preferred a black cloth interior with rubber floors but as all of us know, the option list isn't extensive.

The truck is small yet feels larger than it it. It's hard to explain but the hood is big, driving the hoods looks larger than my 2020 F150, oddly. Turning radius is excellent, ride is firm but also excellent. I was surprised how well it handles, it doesn't corner like a truck at all, this will out handle a lot of cars I've owned. The exhaust is dead quiet, which you will see/hear in the attached video of the truck on the dyno. Engine is quiet but all you can hear is the engine, I can't hear any exhaust at all.

Around town the performance is really good, great take off, actually two of my guys here drove it too and we are surprised how strong 1st gear is from a dead stop. Ford did an excellent job with the torque converter, it shows up on the dyno too! The truck put down 376 ft lbs (a torque converter is a torque multiplier for those that don't realize) in 1st gear.

We checked the AFR's and 1st and 2nd gear they are nice, running 11.6-12:1. The faster you go the richer the truck gets, the top of 4th gear, which is right at 90 mph the AFR's are dipping into the high 9's.

FUEL MILEAGE!!! Wow, I'm super happy. I had a 90 mile drive back, the start of the drive was city where the dealer is and then onto the highway, max cruising speed was 76 mph coming home, then some country back roads, I ended up getting 31.5 mpg on that drive back. Very-very impressive.

For those of you use to seeing a single gear pull for a dyno run, I've included just the 4th gear portion of the pull, the first graph below is from a dead stop up to 90 mph. The dips and such are where the truck changes gears, 1-2-3-4th. In fourth gear the truck put down 247.2 whp and the curve is flat as is the torque.

There is going to be a ton of room for improvement as far as performance goes, this should also equate to even better fuel milage too, uncork the bottle necks and the milage goes up as long as you keep your foot out of it.

Monday we will start the modifications to the platform. First items will be a catch can, cat back exhaust and intercooler. I'll be posting the dyno results of each part as we go. The goal for the truck is actually an overlanding build. So a lift, tires/wheels, overlanding rack for my tent and gear and I'd like to get the truck to run some mid 13's in the 1/4 mile. Bolt on's and tuning should make that possible.

Enjoy, feel free to comment and ask questions! I'll help where I can.

-David Buschur

Ford Maverick Buschur's got a 2022 Maverick! 2.0 Dyno Results / Numbers, MPG, and Review! IMG_0316

Ford Maverick Buschur's got a 2022 Maverick! 2.0 Dyno Results / Numbers, MPG, and Review! IMG_0317

Ford Maverick Buschur's got a 2022 Maverick! 2.0 Dyno Results / Numbers, MPG, and Review! IMG_0327

Ford Maverick Buschur's got a 2022 Maverick! 2.0 Dyno Results / Numbers, MPG, and Review! IMG_0328

Dyno Video:

Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Buschur

Buschur

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The dyno video.

Last edited by a moderator:

Brian_J

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 R6, HPR Maverick AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
First dyno runs! Congrats Dave! You know I’m following!

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've been super excited to get started on this new platform at our shop. Dealer called yesterday to let me know my Cactus Grey Maverick came in. I ordered the 2.0 turbo, AWD, FX4 package with Max Tow.

I have not seen one of these in person up until I got there today, this was the first one to come in at the dealership. The color is odd, it's a grey'ish/blue to me, it's growing on me but not what I expected. The blue interior with the orange highlights and plastic trim........well to be honest, I'm not a huge fan. I'd have preferred a black cloth interior with rubber floors but as all of us know, the option list isn't extensive.

The truck is small yet feels larger than it it. It's hard to explain but the hood is big, driving the hoods looks larger than my 2020 F150, oddly. Turning radius is excellent, ride is firm but also excellent. I was surprised how well it handles, it doesn't corner like a truck at all, this will out handle a lot of cars I've owned. The exhaust is dead quiet, which you will see/hear in the attached video of the truck on the dyno. Engine is quiet but all you can hear is the engine, I can't hear any exhaust at all.

Around town the performance is really good, great take off, actually two of my guys here drove it too and we are surprised how strong 1st gear is from a dead stop. Ford did an excellent job with the torque converter, it shows up on the dyno too! The truck put down 376 ft lbs (a torque converter is a torque multiplier for those that don't realize) in 1st gear.

We checked the AFR's and 1st and 2nd gear they are nice, running 11.6-12:1. The faster you go the richer the truck gets, the top of 4th gear, which is right at 90 mph the AFR's are dipping into the high 9's.

FUEL MILAGE!!! Wow, I'm super happy. I had a 90 mile drive back, the start of the drive was city where the dealer is and then onto the highway, max cruising speed was 76 mph coming home, then some country back roads, I ended up getting 31.5 mpg on that drive back. Very-very impressive.

For those of you use to seeing a single gear pull for a dyno run, I've included just the 4th gear portion of the pull, the first graph below is from a dead stop up to 90 mph. The dips and such are where the truck changes gears, 1-2-3-4th. In fourth gear the truck put down 247.2 whp and the curve is flat as is the torque.

There is going to be a ton of room for improvement as far as performance goes, this should also equate to even better fuel milage too, uncork the bottle necks and the milage goes up as long as you keep your foot out of it.

Monday we will start the modifications to the platform. First items will be a catch can, cat back exhaust and intercooler. I'll be posting the dyno results of each part as we go. The goal for the truck is actually an overlanding build. So a lift, tires/wheels, overlanding rack for my tent and gear and I'd like to get the truck to run some mid 13's in the 1/4 mile. Bolt on's and tuning should make that possible.

Enjoy, feel free to comment and ask questions! I'll help where I can.

-David Buschur

IMG_0316.jpg

IMG_0317.jpg

IMG_0327.jpg

IMG_0328.jpg
Thanks for posting this! Looking forward to reading about the upgrades you're going to do, especially with regards to performance and the affects on mpg.

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford did an excellent job with the torque converter, it shows up on the dyno too! The truck put down 376 ft lbs (a torque converter is a torque multiplier for those that don't realize) in 1st gear.

What Drive Mode was the truck in when on the dyno?

Also the dyno video shows a size of 30.5 MB but cannot be played, viewed or downloaded.

Sponsored

ColoradoShooter

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma/Fusion
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Love that you put it on a dyno. I went to your website Buschur Racing, and I thought you were a customer of ours as the name seemed familiar. Checked our records and didn’t see your name. Any ideas for an oil catch can?

Brian_J

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 R6, HPR Maverick AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’d love to see a high flowing exhaust that also has a nice quiet muffler. Every focus st I’ve heard w a cat back sounds terrible.

Cubican

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Pedro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline, viper, c8
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Looking forward to all the updates!

OP
OP
Buschur

Buschur

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What Drive Mode was the truck in when on the dyno?

Also the dyno video shows a size of 30.5 MB but cannot be played, viewed or downloaded.
I made an additional post below my first one the video shows up in that one. The drive mode was normal.

OP
OP
Buschur

Buschur

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’d love to see a high flowing exhaust that also has a nice quiet muffler. Every focus st I’ve heard w a cat back sounds terrible.
I agree, we will have to experiment and will offer options but I don't want the truck to sound like the typical "sport compact race car" either. Some will and we will offer that too. I can hear it's choked down, the exhaust design is far from optimal and the rear lower control arms are SUPER flimsy!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Buschur

Buschur

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Love that you put it on a dyno. I went to your website Buschur Racing, and I thought you were a customer of ours as the name seemed familiar. Checked our records and didn’t see your name. Any ideas for an oil catch can?
Catch can will be done next week as long as the fittings for a simple plug and play are readily available and they should be. We will only offer it one way, vented, the reason is venting it opens up additional horsepower.

RM83

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Ford Mustang GT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Dude, those are great numbers! I'd imagine 300 whp should be easy to had.

OP
OP
Buschur

Buschur

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Dude, those are great numbers! I'd imagine 300 whp should be easy to had.
I agree! Tuning will be the hold up, I'm asking Cobb to get on it, they say it's not on their radar. It should be simple for them and I'm going to keep pushing.

RM83

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Ford Mustang GT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I agree! Tuning will be the hold up, I'm asking Cobb to get on it, they say it's not on their radar. It should be simple for them and I'm going to keep pushing.
I'm sure you've probably heard of these guys, but 5 Star Tuning is another company to look into. I know they tune all sorts of ecoboost motors.

OP
OP
Buschur

Buschur

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm sure you've probably heard of these guys, but 5 Star Tuning is another company to look into. I know they tune all sorts of ecoboost motors.
I've had a few F150 3.5 EB's that had their tune. I want to tune these in house and I'm a Cobb Pro Tuner now, so hoping Cobb releases an AP for them. I just emailed them again actually.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.