First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I need a little help. I have a 2022 2.0 Lariat Luxury package Maverick. I have the Bliss system that I want to change. The light on the side mirror lights when there is something in the blind spot, it will light and blink when the turn signal is on and there is something there. I want it to blink AND buzz, beep or make some sound as well. Can that truck be reprogrammed to make that happen and if so how? Thanks
Sponsored

Ford Maverick Maniac

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 XLTs: hybrid alto blue & turbo AWD carb gray.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes, Skip! The light in the mirror is solid when a car is in your blind spot and if you put the binker on, the light only blinks a silent warning per my video below. It would be nice to have an option of a audible warning. That would probably just require a splice into the side mirror wiring under the dash and connecting to a mini sounder.

I bet a car stereo installer can handle that. Maybe he can upgrade the basic 25 watts max speakers while he is at it.

TRUCKHEF

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
i wish ford did this, a kia will blink the light but also play a sound, and if you turn the wheel the wheel will resist and push back...maybe its something that can be programmed in forscan, it already beeps for cross traffic alerts....why not beet for blind spot too? and even better steering wheel feedback as well...

Snowbird

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV 2018
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I need a little help. I have a 2022 2.0 Lariat Luxury package Maverick. I have the Bliss system that I want to change. The light on the side mirror lights when there is something in the blind spot, it will light and blink when the turn signal is on and there is something there. I want it to blink AND buzz, beep or make some sound as well. Can that truck be reprogrammed to make that happen and if so how? Thanks
I have the same wish, and have commented on other threads that this is a shortcoming of the BLISS system.
I have a 2023 Hybrid XL with Copilot 360 ordered. If I ever get it I hope that they will have changed this and will have added an audible alarm.

BuddyS

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 R Design & 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Agreed; I wish the system chimed and maybe pushed back on the steering a bit, too.

Sponsored

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Engine
Undecided
Have any of you actually owned a vehicle that does this? If not you find out real quick how annoying it can be.

My GMC Acadia Denali has BSM in the mirror and also made a beeping sound.
I hated it and immediately turned off the beeping sound because every freaking time someone passed me that stupid beep would go off.

Driving around town or in heavy traffic on the highway/interstate was so bad. The stupid thing beeped at me every 10 seconds.

Snowbird

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV 2018
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Have any of you actually owned a vehicle that does this? If not you find out real quick how annoying it can be.

My GMC Acadia Denali has BSM in the mirror and also made a beeping sound.
I hated it and immediately turned off the beeping sound because every freaking time someone passed me that stupid beep would go off.

Driving around town or in heavy traffic on the highway/interstate was so bad. The stupid thing beeped at me every 10 seconds.
I can see how that would be annoying and I would have turned it off ASAP as well!
The beep requested would only come on when someone is in your blind spot and you engage your turn signal to change lanes into that person.
My CR-V has this feature. It does not go off when someone passes you, just the light in the mirror shows up.

Droid82

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Every vehicle have owned with blind spot had the warning sound with the blinker on. The alarm or bell is there because you get the audio sound when cross traffic alert see a vehicle when you are backing up.

thevol

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver Mav 2.0 AWD 4k
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It makes zero sense and is the reason I didn't get cp360 as my other ford truck is the same way and makes it pretty useless. At least make the audible alarm an option in the menu ford...

Catster

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Fusion hybrid, Dodge GC, Chevy Bolt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Bliss indicators are super bright in your mirrors - at least in the daytime. If you check your mirror before a lane change (you should), you’re going to see the warning. As others have said, Bliss is on anytime you pass or get passed by a car going in your direction, so driving in multilane traffic would be quite annoying if you had a soundtrack too.

Sponsored

AltoBAP

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jefferson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Fusion SE 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Is it really that difficult to check your mirrors?

Toinky

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have a Nissan Rogue. It has blind spot warning in the following fashion: light when someone is in your blind spot(s); blips (a small beep) if you turn on your signall when someone is in your BS. To me, that works really well. It warns you audibly if and only if you are about to turn into them (assuming you hit your turn signal). The minor beep is not obnoxious or bothersome at all. Too bad the Mav doesn't at least have this as an option.

OP
OP

MSP

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Due to the lack of a response about how to change the computer, I am assuming I can not make the Maverick buzz or chime. To clarify; I want it only to make a noise when I am signaling a lane change with my turn signal on and someone is in my blind spot(safety). I may need to solder in a buzzer. Thank you

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Why would you be trying to change lanes when someone is beside you? Seriously, not trying to be a smart-ass, but isn't seeing the vehicle AND the warning light enough to know to stay put for a bit? :unsure:

Mav_RICK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Does anyone else think the light in the mirror is a little late to actually light up?
Sponsored