First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Picked up my hybrid Maverick Saturday morning and today I drove up to another town to go to the vet. Just got into town when a jacked up 4x4 cut right in front of me and before I could get my foot on the brake I was stopped. Less than 200 miles I probably would have been totalled.
Ford Maverick Crash avoidance system works 8FF789B3-40BF-4B55-851B-3E99F8DCBD9A
Sponsored

inthecabin

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I’ve read a few similar stories here and many on the Ranger site. I also had a similar episode in my Ranger. The system definitely works!!! Scares the crap out of you but works.

Ford Truck Guy

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Picked up my hybrid Maverick Saturday morning and today I drove up to another town to go to the vet. Just got into town when a jacked up 4x4 cut right in front of me and before I could get my foot on the brake I was stopped. Less than 200 miles I probably would have been totalled.
8FF789B3-40BF-4B55-851B-3E99F8DCBD9A.jpeg
Man, I really like that color. 😉. Picked mine up a week ago Saturday. Looks like we have twins.

Ford Maverick Crash avoidance system works IMG_2074

StillWaiting

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brandyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I too had a similar experience. Thought my amber alert had gone off but it was the sound of the truck.

Egz

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid Lariat, 1967 Fairlady
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have it on alert only. I'm worried about it braking hard on a false detection. At least, I think that's an option, because its never auto braked for me.

Sponsored

Axlesup

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
85K10
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have it on alert only. I'm worried about it braking hard on a false detection. At least, I think that's an option, because its never auto braked for me.
i have driven a lot of different vehicles and never once have they braked for no reason. if that system activates it is because you are going to have a wreck if you do not mash the brakes. trust the engineers and lawyers that are way smarter than us.

Reactions: Dad

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yep, that stuff is on there for a reason . . . a good reason. Glad to hear all turned out OK.

Egz

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid Lariat, 1967 Fairlady
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
i have driven a lot of different vehicles and never once have they braked for no reason. if that system activates it is because you are going to have a wreck if you do not mash the brakes. trust the engineers and lawyers that are way smarter than us.
I've had 1-2 alerts that were over-reactions. Usually when a car is taking a turn too slowly in front of me.

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

No, nothing is perfect. It's not that good.

Mine auto brakes going around a sharp curve with parked cars on the shoulder.
It can't always differentiate between a parked car and a stopped car on a curve, say where there are no fog lines.
🤷🏻‍♂️

OrangeBlue

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That's a pretty truck, glad everything worked out for you.

Sponsored

Maverick2023

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Would it work for the dude behind you? Would his car be stopped in time before hitting you?

icegradner

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

No, nothing is perfect. It's not that good.

Mine auto brakes going around a sharp curve with parked cars on the shoulder.
It can't always differentiate between a parked car and a stopped car on a curve, say where there are no fog lines.
🤷🏻‍♂️
I've had a few false alarms, never for parked cars though. There have been the times when you get cut off, and you have to slam on the brakes, but it gives no warnings at all (think last second left turn right in front of you). I think I've had about as many times that it was correct and there was a danger, as non-event false warnings. One one false activation happened when I was going on a railway overpass and I was safely following 3s behind the vehicle ahead and it went off for no reason at all. Drive over the same bridge 4-5 days a week, similar following distance to other vehicles and it's only happened once in six months. I've only ever had warnings, never braking events though.

Last edited:

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

^^^ that's a weird one. Wonder if it triggered on the overhead sign since you were pointed uphill.

icegradner

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

^^^ that's a weird one. Wonder if it triggered on the overhead sign since you were pointed uphill.
Yeah, no idea. That's the only time it's done it on that bridge. I kind of wonder if the rain tricked it into thinking the sign was a vehicle or something?
Sponsored