David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Yep - learned that the hard way after hauling straw wattles. Straw washed into the tailgate holes. Fortunately I was able to vacuum out the straw, then bought the cover pieces mentioned.

I also bought a tube of 3M auto seam sealer and caulked the bed seams. Those seams trapped all manner of stuff. And it was disconcerting seeking the pavement under the trucklet through those seams. The caulk matches the black SIBL. Looks OEM now, the way it should have come from the factory.
Awesome idea! I get so tired trying to get the debris out of those seams. The tree in my yard apparently dislikes the Mav.
Sponsored

Oscarcat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Lariat, Lexus NX 300, PT Cruiser 5 spd. C172P
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Awesome idea! I get so tired trying to get the debris out of those seams. The tree in my yard apparently dislikes the Mav.
...and there are still 1 1 drain holes in the bed just aft of the rear window and of course water will run out of the back of the bed and under the closed tailgate. The seams in the bed that collect grit and debris are obscene.

RichardCranium

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick XL 2.0 AWD 4K CP360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

There was a whole thread about people that were unhappy with their Mabett covers that has strangely disappeared. It was over 14 pages, according to my google search. When I click on the google link, MTC says the page cannot be found. Interesting that MTC will delete threads that show their diamond sponsors true colors (Mabett stole the design from @P99Guy). Been nice knowing y’all if I get banned for pointing this out.

RichardCranium

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I bought those covers from Etsy plus when I wash bed of truck, I keep the tailgate in half open position.
Etsy covers are a stolen design from thingieverse with no credit given. I wouldn’t support that seller either. That is why I don’t post my designs online.

OP
OP
Joester

Joester

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Coachmen 220RK, 2016 Buick Encore, 2022 Ford
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
...and CRAP!
Ford Maverick Bed wash-out - BEWARE! Uh Oh

Sponsored

TacoTanium

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Lower your tailgate and look between the bed and tailgate bottom.
you will see 2 holes. 1 large rectangular hole and 1 smaller square hole.

when rinsing the bed or unloading rocks/dirt/hay/debris it will fall into the uncovered holes.

IMG_0960.jpeg

IMG_0954.jpeg
😲, I see now. These pictures make it look like the hole is on the bed side, lol.

Isn't that a shame they left those open, being a truck bed.

I see the same design flaw when it rains and when the driver side rear door opens, water drips immediately!!!! All I can do is watch it drip more.
Ford Maverick Bed wash-out - BEWARE! 1714750091340-17

cyberdog

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If it hasn't already been suggested, I'd suggest putting the tailgate into the mid-position when washing out, which should prevent all the crud from washing up into the tailgate.

I actually have the Mabett cover from Amazon, and haven't had any issues with it, once I managed to snap it into place. - It does take some force to get the last clip or two pushed in far enough to snap in place. The factory SIBL doesn't cover the bottom of the tailgate, so that's a non issue unless the aftermarket company sprayed that area.

JeffH13

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Or for $5 more you can get the original 1 piece cover made in USA (Texas) and has a maker that will respond to any issues you may encounter.
Be aware the $10 cover is just a Chinese Copy of the original. Still works, but just saying….
https://segarms.square.site
Thanks for the link, Segarms doesnt ship to my location in SoCal? Where does one have to reside to ourchase this product?

Carlitos_92

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Area 51 XLT EB AWD Lux FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Thanks for the link, Segarms doesnt ship to my location in SoCal? Where does one have to reside to ourchase this product?
I am pretty sure you have to click "Shipping" as an option at least once. It is unusual for a Square site, but it looked like to me that all 50 states were covered just fine.

Art Vandelay

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid Lariat Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Or for $5 more you can get the original 1 piece cover made in USA (Texas) and has a maker that will respond to any issues you may encounter.
Be aware the $10 cover is just a Chinese Copy of the original. Still works, but just saying….
https://segarms.square.site

Oh, BTW The original is also available in a vented version that Mabett has not copied, yet....
Is the Mabett version the exact same as your version? The reason I ask is because someone else posted that the Mabett version does not work with spray in bedliners. Will yours have the same problem?

Sponsored

P99Guy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Is the Mabett version the exact same as your version? The reason I ask is because someone else posted that the Mabett version does not work with spray in bedliners. Will yours have the same problem?
It depends on the thickness of the Bed liner application on the bottom of the tailgate.
Mabett just copied the shape and design placement of the Tabs but their tabs are shorter and they have a locator ring on the plate that creates more of an issue.
I am sure it was done to not make an exact copy of the Original design.

If you order 1 and it does not fit on yours I will make it right. Richard will love me even more when I ask him to raise the tab height by 1mm.....

I think a previous forum member asked me for that some time ago. UhOh.

David

P99Guy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I am pretty sure you have to click "Shipping" as an option at least once. It is unusual for a Square site, but it looked like to me that all 50 states were covered just fine.
Yes I have shipped to all 50 states and 3 countries via the Square site. (42 of them were So Cal)
I have heard that it has its problems from time to time.
If you still cant get it Please just DM me and we can work it out.
I dont want to deprive anyone of the best product.....

David
@P99Guy

Art Vandelay

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid Lariat Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It depends on the thickness of the Bed liner application on the bottom of the tailgate.
Mabett just copied the shape and design placement of the Tabs but their tabs are shorter and they have a locator ring on the plate that creates more of an issue.
I am sure it was done to not make an exact copy of the Original design.

If you order 1 and it does not fit on yours I will make it right. Richard will love me even more when I ask him to raise the tab height by 1mm.....

I think a previous forum member asked me for that some time ago. UhOh.

David
Thank you for the response. I have a spray in bedliner but I'll have to go outside and look at it later to see how thick it is near that opening in the tailgate.

P99Guy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Thank you for the response. I have a spray in bedliner but I'll have to go outside and look at it later to see how thick it is near that opening in the tailgate.
If it is the Ford Factory SIBL it will not cover that area. Most others may only cover the top section of the opening depending on how it is taped before they spray.

Either way I can get you "covered"

David
@P99Guy

RichardCranium

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Did I forget to make that update? Fiddle sticks. I will update next week when I am at a computer. Please remind me so I don’t forget again.
Sponsored