Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Does the Maverick have a media player? Currently, I have both an SD card and usb drive plugged into my car. I go back and forth between the two to listen to music I have on the card and pen drive. I know there is no SD card slot on the Maverick but can I play music through it with my usb drive?
Sync3 can play media files off of USB drive. The lower trims with their Sync3-lite likely should support it as well.
Sponsored

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sync3 can play media files off of USB drive. The lower trims with their Sync3-lite likely should support it as well.
I hope that is true because I like to play seasonal music through usb

TooManyVehicles

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 F150 XLT, 21 BS Badlands, 22 Mav Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have 9000+ songs on a low profile USB drive in my F150 w/Sync2. I am hopeful the Mav will support playing via USB.

jimmy fitzwell

First Name
jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 pinto wagon, 67 olds 98
Current generation devices should support Bluetooth or the USB-IF Specification for Audio over USB.
But...
There's an option...
But...
Its $100...

Ford SYNC 3 USB to 3.5mm AUX Adapter (naviks.com)
Hey Joe, the device you mention is what I think the OP, myself, and a few others are after. Instead of paying $100 I just want to make my own.

Does the naviks product have some type of digital/analog conversion? Hence the price?
Or can I just solder three of the wires in a USB cable onto a 3.5mm jack? If so, which colors?

Thanks in advance!

UberGadgetFreak

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hey Joe, the device you mention is what I think the OP, myself, and a few others are after. Instead of paying $100 I just want to make my own.

Does the naviks product have some type of digital/analog conversion? Hence the price?
Or can I just solder three of the wires in a USB cable onto a 3.5mm jack? If so, which colors?

Thanks in advance!
The jack-to-USB cable/adapter has a small chip that does Analog-to-Digital conversion, then sends that over a USB Audio protocol. Without the DSP (Digital Signal Processing) chip to do the conversion from Analog to digital then to USB data protocol, you won't hear anything.

This is why the Naviks costs $100. The chip inside does some really good conversion and the output is a good digital sample rate that most people don't notice.

Sponsored

jimmy fitzwell

First Name
jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 pinto wagon, 67 olds 98
The jack-to-USB cable/adapter has a small chip that does Analog-to-Digital conversion, then sends that over a USB Audio protocol. Without the DSP (Digital Signal Processing) chip to do the conversion from Analog to digital then to USB data protocol, you won't hear anything.

This is why the Naviks costs $100. The chip inside does some really good conversion and the output is a good digital sample rate that most people don't notice.
Thank-you! I kinda figured. Since I want to run my Sony Walkman, and even my Discman (on special occasions) through it too, I might just bite the bullet.

Thanks again!

dano0726

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep JK Wrangler Sport
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I hate to admit this, but I still rock an iPodShuffle ($50) that I leave in my unlocked Jeep Wrangler -- no one will steal that antique...

ReddWulf

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick FX4, Harley Road King Classic
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I hate to admit this, but I still rock an iPodShuffle ($50) that I leave in my unlocked Jeep Wrangler -- no one will steal that antique...
Glad to know I'm not the only one....have one in my glovebox wired to the head unit in my Silverado. :geek: Although I must say I mostly Bluetooth Spotify now.

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
I hope that is true because I like to play seasonal music through usb
Let me guess, Frosty the Snowman? Thus the "oljackfrost" name. Hahahahaha

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sponsored

Headdead

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boxster S
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It’s 2021….why?
So I can mount a 10.5 inch (or eventually bigger) Kindle Fire HD running android auto, playing Amazon Music Unlimited, using steering wheel controls, enabling a bigger display for navigation. Aux in is the simple, cheap connection
But that's just me. If you are good with stock go for it.

RGinFL

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They better have good headphones or like to rock! I will wear them out with that B&O sound system if they are riding with me. Sounds like Lynyrd Skynyrd vs. Frank Sinatra - unless they have great headphones to drown out Swamp Music or the Railroad Song.

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So I can mount a 10.5 inch (or eventually bigger) Kindle Fire HD running android auto, playing Amazon Music Unlimited, using steering wheel controls, enabling a bigger display for navigation. Aux in is the simple, cheap connection
But that's just me. If you are good with stock go for it.
Don’t know if steering wheel controls will control something plugged into AUX, think it’s just the head unit.

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They better have good headphones or like to rock! I will wear them out with that B&O sound system if they are riding with me. Sounds like Lynyrd Skynyrd vs. Frank Sinatra - unless they have great headphones to drown out Swamp Music or the Railroad Song.
Headphones while driving?😕