Headdead

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boxster S
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Donā€™t know if steering wheel controls will control something plugged into AUX, think itā€™s just the head unit.
You are right. Since the device outputs to the head unit, steering wheel buttons will probably only control the volume. But it is a moot point if the head unit doesn't have aux in...

bombast

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Donā€™t know if steering wheel controls will control something plugged into AUX, think itā€™s just the head unit.
3.5mm audio jacks do not support control output. You can get radio on them though!

Random tidbit, if you run a 5e Ethernet cable far enough (more than 300 feet), you can pick up really close radio broadcasts with an cable tone tester. Which is nice, since your network connection is probably capped at a really inconsistent 10mbps.

Sponsored

lembob

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT
Iā€™m looking at the Sirius Omni, (with the 3.5 aux output) will a USB C to 3.5 cable work or are those cables only designed for USB device to aux 3.5 input?

sorry, this may have been answered, but I canā€™t find..

uh50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, VB, 2.0 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Iā€™m looking at the Sirius Omni, (with the 3.5 aux output) will a USB C to 3.5 cable work or are those cables only designed for USB device to aux 3.5 input?

sorry, this may have been answered, but I canā€™t find..
I purchased the following to try and connect my Commander Touch to the XL radio:
  1. UrbanX Bluetooth 5.0 Adapter 3.5mm Jack Aux Receiver, 2-in-1 Wireless Transmitter & Receiver for Samsung Galaxy S20 FE 5G, Streaming Audio of TV, PC, Speaker, Headphones, Car, Home Stereo.
  2. Saramonic SR-C2003 Female 3.5mm TRS Microphone Adapter Cable to USB Type-C Connector Dongle - Compatible with Samsung Galaxy, HTC, iPad Pro Smartphones and Tablets - USB C to 3.5mm Audio Adapter.
  3. Saramonic 3.5mm Male TRS to USB-C Stereo or Mono Microphone and Audio Adapter Cable 9" (22.86cm) (SR-C2001).
I tried to use the bluetooth transmit/receive adapter yesterday but couldn't get it to pair, although the Ford Radio recognized the unit. Will try again later today or tomorrow. Shoot I might even read the directions.

The Ford Audio did not recognize the two Saramonic 3.5mm to USB-C two way adapters. They were fairly low cost, so I might try them with other electronic devices.

Mvancorb

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
USB C to 3.5mm Audio Aux Jack Cable, ZOOAUX Type C Adapter to 3.5mm Headphone Car Stereo Aux Cord for iPad Pro 2018 Samsung Galaxy S21/S20 Ultra Note20 10+,Google Pixel 5 4 3 2XL,Oneplus-Grey
by ZOOAUX
Learn more:
That is a USB C to 3.5 mm adapter. It doesn't work in the other direction; it doesn't convert 3.5 to USB C.

Sponsored

uh50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I know many are looking for a way to add a 3.5 mm auxiliary input to the Ford Audio Control Module (ACM) on the XL and XLT. I've been looking for a wiring diagram for the Maverick XL or XLT Audio system, but have not found one yet. I probably will not spend the money to purchase the data from Ford, whenever it is available. So if anyone has it available, please share any XL/XLT audio wiring diagrams.

I did find a Ford Focus (2018-2022) ACM non-SYNC with external display Head Unit 64 pin ACM Head Unit Connector that seems to be the same as the ACM in my XL. Note, the connector is actually twin 32 pin ACM Head Unit connectors. The XL uses only the A side of the connector as shown in the photo below. The B side is an empty spare.

Ford Maverick Aux input - line in 1641403260320

Ford Maverick Aux input - line in 1641407299403

If you can identify the two circled inputs/outputs on the XL ACM, please let me know.

Here is the Ford Focus pin identification. There's not one for the XL/XLT yet.

Ford Maverick Aux input - line in 1641404899214

Please understand that this is not a Maverick XL or XLT pin connector and does not identify the XL or XLT pins. But it might give us a clue about uses. Notice pins 16, 17, 27, 28? They are an input for a CD both left and right +/-. Might a 3.5 mm auxiliary input work on these pins? I don't know, but it's worth checking out.

Here is a blow up of the 64 pin Ford ACM Head Unit Connector.

Ford Maverick Aux input - line in 1641406725693

So, I'll be buying a 3.5 mm auxiliary input jack and if it works mounting it next to the USB inputs at the bottom of the center stack. If I can find a 32 pin connector with leads, then I'll plug that into the spare 32 pin receiver connector and check the leads and see if it works. Now, I just need to find the 32 pin connector to plug in.

Of course, if this works, it does not mean that there will be any control of the device plugged into an aux. input, and more than likely there will not be. It will be interesting to determine what can be done with the spare 32 pin connector.

AutobahnSHO

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata, Hybrid Mav, Odyssey
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You don't need a full 32 pin connector. You can use individual connectors, they generally won't slide off. Once you figure out the needed pins, you could even glue a few individual ones together for more security. (And even throw blank ones next to them).

uh50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You don't need a full 32 pin connector. You can use individual connectors, they generally won't slide off. Once you figure out the needed pins, you could even glue a few individual ones together for more security. (And even throw blank ones next to them).
Thank you, I understand. I would rather have a full connector with wiring leads.

propp2531

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT FX-4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I know many are looking for a way to add a 3.5 mm auxiliary input to the Ford Audio Control Module (ACM) on the XL and XLT. I've been looking for a wiring diagram for the Maverick XL or XLT Audio system, but have not found one yet. I probably will not spend the money to purchase the data from Ford, whenever it is available. So if anyone has it available, please share any XL/XLT audio wiring diagrams.

I did find a Ford Focus (2018-2022) ACM non-SYNC with external display Head Unit 64 pin ACM Head Unit Connector that seems to be the same as the ACM in my XL. Note, the connector is actually twin 32 pin ACM Head Unit connectors. The XL uses only the A side of the connector as shown in the photo below. The B side is an empty spare.

1641403260320.jpeg

1641407299403.png

If you can identify the two circled inputs/outputs on the XL ACM, please let me know.

Here is the Ford Focus pin identification. There's not one for the XL/XLT yet.

1641404899214.png

Please understand that this is not a Maverick XL or XLT pin connector and does not identify the XL or XLT pins. But it might give us a clue about uses. Notice pins 16, 17, 27, 28? They are an input for a CD both left and right +/-. Might a 3.5 mm auxiliary input work on these pins? I don't know, but it's worth checking out.

Here is a blow up of the 64 pin Ford ACM Head Unit Connector.

1641406725693.png

So, I'll be buying a 3.5 mm auxiliary input jack and if it works mounting it next to the USB inputs at the bottom of the center stack. If I can find a 32 pin connector with leads, then I'll plug that into the spare 32 pin receiver connector and check the leads and see if it works. Now, I just need to find the 32 pin connector to plug in.

Of course, if this works, it does not mean that there will be any control of the device plugged into an aux. input, and more than likely there will not be. It will be interesting to determine what can be done with the spare 32 pin connector.
This is awesome detective work. I was looking for a diagram of this ACM and wasnt sure what was right. Im trying to see if its possible to take one of those sync upgrade wiring harnesses and splice in the existing connections to upgrade to a full sync 3 on an XL/XLT

uh50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This is awesome detective work. I was looking for a diagram of this ACM and wasnt sure what was right. Im trying to see if its possible to take one of those sync upgrade wiring harnesses and splice in the existing connections to upgrade to a full sync 3 on an XL/XLT
From what I understand, but do not know for sure, is that there may not be an APIM which is required for Sync 3. There are places that sell them and kits to upgrade. I know the XL and XLT are non-sync Ford Connected Touch Radios, so you would have to identify the correct additional wiring harnesses needed plus the right APIM. But, it is something that I'm also thinking of, but not ready to spend the type of money that will be required right now. Good luck.
Sponsored