First Name
Jak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think this question relies on MY23 having no delays.

If I could order a MY23 in August and get it in Sept, i would probably move my MY23 order once a May delivery is off the table.

But the issue is that right now we're 6+ months out, so a MY23 order in Aug will likely be a December delivery at best.

Wait another 6+ months on my 6+ month wait for a possible 2-4k savings 5 years from now? Naw.

The global pandemic and supply chain issues are going away quickly, so i doubt things will be business as usually in Q3. Not a single one of my suppliers at work have confidence things will be resolved till at least Q4 (and that's if COVID ended tomorrow)
Sponsored

Last edited:

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

My son just paid $7,000 for a 2012 Chevy Cruze with 115,000 miles. It's a very nice small car in very nice condition. But that said, I'll eat my shorts if a 5-year-old Maverick is only worth 10K!

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

In five years you'll be lucky to get $8-10k for any trim level, just not worth worrying about.
In 5 years a $31,000 XLT LUX or $38,000 Lariat LUX will be worth only $10K? Good luck with that! Have you tried to purchase a used truck in last two years? Do you think the dollar will continue to lose value over the next five years? I cannot fathom a scenario where these trucks will be worth that little. P

icegradner

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

In 5 years a $31,000 XLT LUX or $38,000 Lariat LUX will be worth only $10K? Good luck with that! Have you tried to purchase a used truck in last two years? Do you think the dollar will continue to lose value over the next five years? I cannot fathom a scenario where these trucks will be worth that little. P
You are assuming the current sales conditions will still exist in 5 years, that is unlikely.

Sponsored

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

You are assuming the current sales conditions will still exist in 5 years, that is unlikely.
It us unlikely that the global pandemic will still be going on or that the auto market will be inflating at 20 percent annually as it is currently. I grant you that.

But even if we return to semi normal within two years I don't expect the bottom to fall out of used vehicle prices. Unfortunately I do believe COVID has permanently shifted the paradigm in auto sales and higher prices are here to stay in both the new and used markets,

icegradner

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

It us unlikely that the global pandemic will still be going on or that the auto market will be inflating at 20 percent annually as it is currently. I grant you that.

But even if we return to semi normal within two years I don't expect the bottom to fall out of used vehicle prices. Unfortunately I do believe COVID has permanently shifted the paradigm in auto sales and higher prices are here to stay in both the new and used markets,
Unlikely that COVID will be going anywhere anytime soon, could be around for hundreds of years. What will likely change is availability of new vehicles. Used prices will start to tumble back to normal once people start getting back in to the normal lease cycles, and car rental companies are turning over vehicles faster. The Maverick is a budget vehicle, prices fall fast on them. We are talking about 5 years, not two after all. Even newer budget vehicles (2019 models) are going cheap, I see plenty of entry level economy vehicles selling right about where you'd expect them to be for the age.

DJF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I don't think the Maverick will hold much value; it's built to be cheap with cheap materials. Having these trucks cobbled together due to shortages doesn't help. Are we to assume that all semiconductors are built the same? Probably not, Ford is taking whatever they can get their hands on. It wouldn't surprise me to see lots of electrical issues with these trucks over the next few years.

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

You aren't getting anything decent for "book" these days. Yes it was an RS model with higher trim, 6-speed manual and turbocharged 4. The dealer originally had it listed at $7,700. They later reduced the price to $6,999 and we bit. Very nice for his first vehicle. Look around and see what $7 grand gets you these days and this was actually a fair deal. Not a great deal but fair in today's market.

Ford Maverick At What Point Better to get MY23 Build for Resale Value 85EE750C-CD02-47AE-ACE3-9B4FAA494EF3

Ford Maverick At What Point Better to get MY23 Build for Resale Value 432F5178-1645-4EBD-8B79-01858CFC76B2

Last edited:

Ryan_Dalion

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
So many people saying don't worry about resale value.... Y'all living under a rock? People are opening up their wallets big time for cars right now. If you can get your order within the next few months the hybrid Maverick fully loaded will be a unicorn and resale might be a legitimate option for you to make some money.

Sponsored

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I (temporarily) own a 2017 Hyundai Elantra Limited. It was my moms car, I picked it out for her, did the deal and bought it back in October 2017. With the tech pack and some dealer accessories, MSRP was $26,060. I negotiated that down by $7,500. It came out to barely over $20K OTD and that made it a very good deal.

Today, you'd be lucky to buy this same car (now with 56,000 miles) for the same price I paid new. I can sell it for about $17,000 to Carmax or Vroom every day.

It's crazy.

OP
OP

Mike

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Ranger F350’s
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I can actually get more for my 2020 Tacoma with 40k miles than I paid for it. Thats nuts

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I can actually get more for my 2020 Tacoma with 40k miles than I paid for it. Thats nuts
Exactly. But a 5-year-old Maverick will only be worth $10K tops, regardless of trim level? 🤔

8211badger

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda fit
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The 22 and 23 MYs will be nigh identical. Any difference in resale will be up to your individual trim level and mileage/condition. I'm hoping the market stays crazy for a few years so I can trade up for a 24 lariat. Might even do it for a 23 if that eruption green rumor is true and I feel like the bottom is falling out of the market.
Sponsored