Sylvester

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
As most of us, I really don't know how the Maverick is going to be in real life. We all know it is a real cool compact truck and the reviews have been overall great. But again, there many unknown things, specifically when it comes to personal preference and personal comfort. I decided no matter what, I will buy the truck and drive it for a while, I still think it is a damn cool truck. If after few days/weeks I see it is not the right vehicle for me, I will sell it. We also know the market is not going to be like that for ever and prices are going to cool down at one point. I was wondering, base on the normal market (pre pandemic) what do you all think the resale value of the Maverick is going to be? Same as Tacomas, where after two years you get almost the same as you paid for or more like regular cars? I know none of us has a crystal ball but we have here some smart people with lots of experience, so would be interested to see what you think. Thanks
Sponsored

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
As most of us, I really don't know how the Maverick is going to be in real life. We all know it is a real cool compact truck and the reviews have been overall great. But again, there many unknown things, specifically when it comes to personal preference and personal comfort. I decided no matter what, I will buy the truck and drive it for a while, I still think it is a damn cool truck. If after few days/weeks I see it is not the right vehicle for me, I will sell it. We also know the market is not going to be like that for ever and prices are going to cool down at one point. I was wondering, base on the normal market (pre pandemic) what do you all think the resale value of the Maverick is going to be? Same as Tacomas, where after two years you get almost the same as you paid for or more like regular cars? I know none of us has a crystal ball but we have here some smart people with lots of experience, so would be interested to see what you think. Thanks
First, I think the higher pricing is going to be here for a couple years, if not permanently. If prices remain high for a couple of years, it is also highly likely that the manufacturers will try to claw back some of the 'market adjustments' in the form of higher priced vehicles. I don't think we'll see the Maverick priced where it is at beyond the 2022 model.

Ultimately I think that the high priced market may be here long enough that there will be no return to whatever the pre-pandemic normal was. Sure we may return to more regular incentives from the manufacturers, but that would still only be likely after prices are raised in the first place. This won't be a short period followed by correction.

Consider all of the people buying at higher prices, getting loans for those vehicles. If there were a market correction, they would be in poor positions to sell - so everything being sold right now will much more likely be held by buyers and not re-sold/traded in - on the back end this would also have the effect of lowering available used market inventory, and also then contributing to higher prices and demand.