First Name
Ren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If the Rattler version was for sure a MY23 option I would probably wait it out- Already been waiting since 9/1 without a build to date- Zero information from my dealer other than NOT agreeing to move me from a Priority 19- Not awesome
Don’t worry, ur priority won’t really matter much on the National scheduling level. And if they put in all orders at 19(most do all the same) then it doesn’t matter at all.
Sponsored

Renho17

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think this question relies on MY23 having no delays.

If I could order a MY23 in August and get it in Sept, i would probably move my MY23 order once a May delivery is off the table.

But the issue is that right now we're 6+ months out, so a MY23 order in Aug will likely be a December delivery at best.

Wait another 6+ months on my 6+ month wait for a possible 2-4k savings 5 years from now? Naw.

The global pandemic and supply chain issues are going away quickly, so i doubt things will be business as usually in Q3. Not a single one of my suppliers at work have confidence things will be resolved till at least Q4 (and that's if COVID ended tomorrow)
they won’t start producing MY23 till Oct

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Don’t worry, ur priority won’t really matter much on the National scheduling level. And if they put in all orders at 19(most do all the same) then it doesn’t matter at all.
I know, its such a bizarre mental hop scotch S/show- Almost unreal Ford has actually been in business so long with this nonsense. Two weeks of full Maverick builds since BS is turned off lottery coming up next Thursday- I am ready to rejoice or riot :)

djw479

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Mav Lariat Lux / '90 ZR-1 / '03 Yamaha V-Max
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I agree in the hybrid being worth nothing but the eb will hold value
It all depends on where gas prices are in the future. Which drivetrain is worth more could flip/flop either way depending on if gas prices come down or continue to rise.

FX4M0

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
If you don't have your my22 by July of this year, it seems though to justify not waiting a few more months got a my23. That being said, it's way harder to control that outcome...

Sponsored

RonFetty

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 Cummins Ram 5SP, 4-Runner TRDP, TDI DSG VW
What would you say the cutoff is
I’m thinking about going 23.

more for the granger discount than I am resale value

I have an order in. Will wait it out to see if granger can deliver first. If they can, will do a 23 if they have a discount program then

onetequilatwo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hybrid Lariat Maverick and 2019 RAV4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
At this point your order maybe a MY23 so no use contemplating something you have no control over and is just an educated guess for resale. It will depend on the market at the time.

icegradner

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

So many people saying don't worry about resale value.... Y'all living under a rock? People are opening up their wallets big time for cars right now. If you can get your order within the next few months the hybrid Maverick fully loaded will be a unicorn and resale might be a legitimate option for you to make some money.
I know it's hard to understand, but not everyone buys a vehicle thinking about resale. Vehicles are not a good investment, under normal market conditions they always loose value; unless it's a limited production sports car or something. Even if you buy a Maverick just to sell it, by the time you pay all the taxes, registration, environmental fees and such on the purchase, and on the sale, you'd likely come out even at best. Personally I buy a vehicle because I need to use one to work, when it won't do that cost effectively anymore I replace it.

Even if you sell the Maverick at peak resale value, then you need to buy another vehicle at inflated prices to drive, so you loose even if you made a profit on the Maverick. That is unless you are one of those people with 2-4 vehicles laying around you can drive and don't actually need another one.

gametyme89

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
All I know is that my current plan in my head is to use my XLT Eco w/ Lux package until at least August when I can place an order for the hybrid w/ the options I want... then wait another 3-6 months+ for it to be built, and at THAT point, trade in the Eco for whatever I can get.

Long story short, I grabbed an Eco at MSRP (No ADM) because my Escape was starting to have problems, but ultimately, I want the hybrid long term.

Sponsored

BuddyS

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 R Design & 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

It's academic. 7 years from now you could have a 2023 hybrid that on paper is worth more than a 2022 ecoboost, but that stain from jelly donut you dropped on the passenger seat in 2025 might give your buyer the wiggle room to negotiate the difference in price. Or your car might need new tires. Or there could be too many door dings. Or sun damage. Or bird drop etching in the paint. Or gas could be $10/gallon and no one's buying anything ICE. Or it could be your estate just doing a quick sale because you died of the latest covid variant. Who the hell knows? Just buy the truck you want for living now and enjoy it. Don't worry about the little things you can't control.

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Resale value? You don’t have the truck, but you are thinking about selling it already?
I think some are wondering what the auction value of an August XLT my22 unscheduled order might be.

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
In five years you'll be lucky to get $8-10k for any trim level, just not worth worrying about.
Or most likely in five years you can get $30k for any trim level but beef will be $40/lb and a bag of chips for $12.95.😂
Sponsored