Sponsored

Are my wipers binding or is this normal?

MDRN

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick Lariat First Edition Hybrid Rapid Red
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think you are right. You can see the wiper blade is over reaching.
Just to comment on this group thought, no it's not over reaching. Outside the black surround the window is rectangular not rounded on the corner. The problem is more likely that it is on intermittent and is pausing, parking as the delay is just too long, then making the next wipe.
Sponsored

OTACORB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Oxford White Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This will be an easy one to fix if they can get the parts. Sorry you are having this issue.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
Undecided
I have had this issue for a few months on my Maverick as well. it’s incredibly annoying as it chirps and squeaks sometimes. It only happens with the wipers on intermittent settings. Low or high speed continuous setting works fine, no issue and single wipe no issue either. Only happens when the blades are trying to park in the slightly up position from using the intermittent settings.

I’ve cleaned the windshield several times, tried some slick drying aid topper I use on the paint too, and nothing has fixed it. Cleaned the blades once as well. Use the same cleaning products on my other cars with no issues. Next step I’m going to try is compounding/polishing the windshield to make sure nothing is on it somehow causing this.
Hi there – send a message to us with your VIN and approximate mileage. I’ll look into this for you. Thanks!

Monty1719

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forte GT, Prius Prime, Forte GT-line, Maverick awd
OMG, it just needs to be cleaned better. The majority of service techs at dealerships don't have a clue. They just order parts and throw them at the issues hoping it fixes it it. Little elbow grease and it will be fine.

Sponsored

Cannedtunafishisgood

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
OMG, it just needs to be cleaned better. The majority of service techs at dealerships don't have a clue. They just order parts and throw them at the issues hoping it fixes it it. Little elbow grease and it will be fine.
This is bad advice. The motor is already weak and needs to be replaced. Do it while its under warranty and while you are not stuck on the side of the road due to motor failure. The motor change has been a documented fix concluding the motor itself is the issue.

Strobe

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick, 2013 BMW M3
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
OMG I did clean it. There is a legitimate problem here. Cleaning helps it, but I think the problem is weak motors. Just because it is not faulty on yours doesn't mean it's not a faulty part for someone else.

Monty1719

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Where is it documented? See nothing about that. Just because a dealer orders one does not means it is the problem. You need to realize the caliber of people working at car dealers these days. There are a handful of real techs but the majority are lucky if they can figure out how to change the oil. 30yrs of first hand experience on this one. Take my word for it. I would never let a dealer touch my vehicle unless I absolutely had to.

OP
OP
PanchoBarrancas

PanchoBarrancas

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I had a Nissan truck that wouldn't do this even after going through heavy mud, and my Mav does it even after thoroughly cleaning the wiper parking area. Weirdly, it doesn't do it when the windshield is dry, but it does when the windshield is wet. At the dealership I will request a hose to properly demonstrate the issue.

Strobe

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick, 2013 BMW M3
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I had a Nissan truck that wouldn't do this even after going through heavy mud, and my Mav does it even after thoroughly cleaning the wiper parking area. Weirdly, it doesn't do it when the windshield is dry, but it does when the windshield is wet. At the dealership I will request a hose to properly demonstrate the issue.
This 100%. Let me know what they come up with.

Sponsored

Cannedtunafishisgood

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Where is it documented? See nothing about that. Just because a dealer orders one does not means it is the problem. You need to realize the caliber of people working at car dealers these days. There are a handful of real techs but the majority are lucky if they can figure out how to change the oil. 30yrs of first hand experience on this one. Take my word for it. I would never let a dealer touch my vehicle unless I absolutely had to.
For real you are no help. You don't think there is a problem move on! We don't need your opinion which is no help. Fact is (which I linked) a member had this issue, dealer changed motor , issue solved. That's about as documented as there is.

Monty1719

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For real you are no help. You don't think there is a problem move on! We don't need your opinion which is no help. Fact is (which I linked) a member had this issue, dealer changed motor , issue solved. That's about as documented as there is.
If you actually read the post you linked it says the dealer ORDERED a motor. It does not say it was installed and fixed the problem. That is NOT a documented repair.

This is why there is so much bad info on the internet. I will finish cleaning the glass surface and wiper blades on mine tonight and tell you if the problem went away. I only gave it a quick clean the other day and the problem almost went away completely.

Milous

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Alto Blu, LUX, Sunroof, delivered 3/18/22
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
On my Maverick, the wiper motor IS the problem. I knew that before I even took it into the dealer, and they correctly diagnosed it as a bad wiper motor. I've worked on cars for decades and certainly know how to properly clean windshields and wiper blades.

Monty1719

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My wipers do the same thing as the video before I cleaned everything real good. I just took 5 minutes to go outside and clean the glass area where the wipers bind. I did a good scrub and did the blades as well. Problem solved, no more bind/skip. For some reason when water gets on the road grime/oil it makes the wiper catch and squeek.

So a good cleaning in the problem area should solve the issue. It did for me.

OP
OP
PanchoBarrancas

PanchoBarrancas

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If you actually read the post you linked it says the dealer ORDERED a motor. It does not say it was installed and fixed the problem. That is NOT a documented repair.

This is why there is so much bad info on the internet. I will finish cleaning the glass surface and wiper blades on mine tonight and tell you if the problem went away. I only gave it a quick clean the other day and the problem almost went away completely.
When you try it have a hose running on your windshield. You want the wiper blades to actually stick to the windshield and give the motor a real world workout so the next rain won't surprise you.
Sponsored