First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Good review, but let's remember this is not a hand-made vehicle, not is it in the luxury auto price range. I'm more impressed by how well the Maverick did in the NTSA crash tests and the several posts made here by members who were involved in their own crashes.
Sponsored

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Getting ready to bring my Maverick in to the dealer for some warranty work. Have a rattle in the dash and the driver corner front bumper has pulled away from the body. Looks like a retainer in the plastic bumper has failed or popped out. Have 1200 pampered miles on the truck. Anybody else have front bumper fit up issues?
Good luck with the dash rattle. I've had it since April and two dealers now have failed to fix it.

One lied to me and said it was an issue with the skid plate, the other first was able to repro it and then played dumb that they couldn't figure it out.

Hot pepper

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT FX4 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Yes its a 20-30k truck so i shouldn't expect luxury. these are some of the build quality issues ive come across not even gotten through my first tank of gas.

1. There is no insulation between the engine and the cab. When i open my drivers door i can see inside my engine bay. Ill elaborate more on this later on.

IMG_20221125_232306107.jpg

2. The fender liners dont align, mate, and cover the wheel well. tons of dirt, salt, etc gets up inside the engine bay from here and accelerates corrosion in hard to reach spaces, especially the pinch welds. Dirt and grime also easily migrates to the door seals, door wiring boot and can seep its way inside the frame.

IMG_20221125_231729004 - Copy.jpg

3. The rear wheel well fender liner and splash guard doesnt cover or protect the rocker panel and the wheel constantly shoves water and dirt into it accelerating corrosion. i dont think there is a product that could even help this as theres just to much water flow.

IMG_20221125_231113925.jpg

4. this one is a little more specific to me, The steering wheel upholstery is torn and not fitted well, you can easily see inside the steering column into the engine bay.

IMG_20221125_232427607.jpg

IMG_20221125_232746489.jpg

besides the torn upholstery are these same issues on everyone else mavericks? or worth raising a warranty claim?. Anyone else have things they've noticed?
When was your truck built?

BoboysTruck

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Focus, Juke
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My Lariat Lux is on its way to a new home. I had hoped I would love it, but I was just disappointed with it every drive. I probably expected more from it than it was ever going to be.

Yes, I still have another coming. It is not for flips, it is for a family member.
So the Maverick isn't good enough for you but good enough for this family member? I don't get it.

Sponsored

Hot pepper

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT FX4 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

august 2022
I thought it would be built in 2021. Since she was built in August 22 one would think the problems would have been resolved. Mine was built in February 2022 and have no problems or sloppy workmanship.

glider

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 4runner 2019 Honda civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Man, what a bummer thread this is.
I can't wait to get my Lariat. MY23 hybrid.
But I'll probably trade it in on a MY25.

Reactions: fmt

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So the Maverick isn't good enough for you but good enough for this family member? I don't get it.
What's so hard to understand? Each of us is an individual with our own preferences, dislikes, standards, etc. What I may hate, you may love. It's not complicated.

I never said it wasn't good enough. I said I didn't like it.

BoboysTruck

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Focus, Juke
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What's so hard to understand? Each of us is an individual with our own preferences, dislikes, standards, etc. What I may hate, you may love. It's not complicated.

I never said it wasn't good enough. I said I didn't like it.
You're so right.

I've had mine since January and 42k miles later, I still enjoy driving it. It's perfect for me.

Starwatcher

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
RICHARD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
City folk here. I have multiple friends very interested in the Mav and not a single one owns a truck. Their cars right now are all hatchbacks, sedans and the occasional Subaru.

Trucks having garbage gas mileage, oversized for city garages, high price tag and limited backseat space has been a huge deterrent for folks buying trucks. For those folks the Mav is a perfectly targeted vehicle.
But…Ford ain’t making them

Sponsored

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You're so right.

I've had mine since January and 42k miles later, I still enjoy driving it. It's perfect for me.
I am glad to hear that - and I mean it, I'm not being snarky. I really, really wanted to feel that way about the Maverick. But ever since we sold our 2015 Macan in 2020, I have wanted another and tried several different cars to fill the void. Ultimately, nothing worked.

Saul T Knutz

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Crown Victoria
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am glad to hear that - and I mean it, I'm not being snarky. I really, really wanted to feel that way about the Maverick. But ever since we sold our 2015 Macan in 2020, I have wanted another and tried several different cars to fill the void. Ultimately, nothing worked.

Ya like what ya like...but I'm having a small problem with you thinking a Mav can take the place of a Mac...

MAVERICK OCD

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
BEAU
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Mine replaced this and Im fine with the truck, it was less than the options on the 911

20170430_121654.jpg

20220804_174156.jpg

I agree,

I'm coming from a C6 Corvette and an Infinity G35. I must say that I'm more than happy with this truck. I'm actually surprised that this is such a controversial thread. I own a Lariat hybrid and I didn't see anything else in the 30K range that impressed me. I really like my maverick.

I consider myself a very picky person and I like very specific things. Honestly, I don't' know what more you could want for the price.
The Maverick has a softer ride than my previous cars and gets double the fuel economy.

I feel bad that so many on this forum are disappointed.

My question to everyone that's disappointed is...
What do you wish you would have got instead. I'm just curious. Maybe I'm missing something.

Speed2000

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TSX Sportwagon
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The two are quite similar. Both have

Adaptive cruise
Auto start/stop
Automatic hi beams
Auto brake hold
Auto unlock door handle
All wheel drive
Turbo engine
Bluetooth
Voice reconition
Emergency braking
LED lights
Dual zone hvac
Heated seats
Backup camera
Blind spot lights on side mirrors
One has 250 hp, the other has 200 more( Im sure I never used those )

Biggest difference besides bed is the Maverick has a push button start and is easier to get in and out of.
Sponsored