First Name
Lonnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda and rav4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
To my knowledge its just called buffeting. For cavitation you need a liquid. Pressure differences create cavities of air in a liquid meduim. I learned this from watching Hunt for the Red October. Cavitation is a easily detectable sound signature underwater from a vessels prop blades. The Red October had a caterpillar drive that sounded quieter and registered more as a seismic anomaly.

Buffeting, aside from a dance I learned at Margaritaville, is a irregular occilation of on object striking another object. In this case both objects are wind. Turbulent and slower air swirling inside the cab being fed from the front windows creating pressure hits against the pressure of the air stream outside the cab. These principals are also apparent in the "aboriginal telephone call" Mick makes in Crocodile Dundee 2.

Most vehicles with 4 doors can and will do this if you have the windows down in the right configuration. 2drs also do it however the frequency is higher and less irritating.

As for the OPs concern of all this build quality stuff. There are about 5 pristine Yugos out there in the world. This is because even though they were a cheap ass crappy car 5 people took care of em. If yours gets dirty in places it shouldnt, clean em. If someone expects Mercedes quality out of the cheapest Ford economy vehicle you can buy(that also happens to be capable of alot of cool things)then just spend the difference between what you paid and a Mercedes at a local mechanic and detail shop, I'm sure they will take your money.

I personally dont like any of the felt materials I see on the Maverick. As time goes on I will be replacing them all with whatever I deem a better material. The wheel wells felts will eventually be replaced with plastic or alloy shields and bedliner paint. The under body felts on my Tremor will likely get replaced with a mix aluminum plate and cutting board material and possibly more bedliner paint.

This is all 5, 10, or 15 years down the road when these "issues" stat making "problems" on my mid trimmed, top offroad spec'd, class leading mpg, $31,000 big ole lil American truck.
Please explain more about what is the felt materials where these are located. What is this
Sponsored

MrCigar

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT EB FX4 Cactus Grey
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Iā€™d be happy if Ford would just fix the horrible windshield ticking/clicking noise that a lot of us have commented on. Makes driving it miserable unless I just leave the radio blasted so I canā€™t hear it. A lot us need windshields to either be removed and reinstalled or replaced completely.
This ^^^^^^^^^!

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Please explain more about what is the felt materials where these are located. What is this
The underside is covered in a felt like formed cardboard like material. It to keep the underbody clean, but once it get rubbed on anything offroad it tears.

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

The underside is covered in a felt like formed cardboard like material. It to keep the underbody clean, but once it get rubbed on anything offroad it tears.
It's not to keep the underside "clean".
It's to improve aerodynamics probably give us 2-3 mpg on the highway.
šŸ˜Ž

Coachman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
For a 25,000$ truck i cant complain.few minor things could be better built but i think its a darn nice truckšŸ˜Žruns,good,drives good and rides good.what can i say!but old people just arenā€™t picky.
Have to agree with ya.
I ordered my XLT with the 4K tow pckge. in order to pull 2 full size Harleys on a 2 place open aluminum trailer (600 lbs.). We pulled that trailer from Northern Illinois to Myrtle Beach S.C. through the Smokey Mountains, and the Mav did the job unbelievably. No strain at all! As a matter of fact, we averaged 19 mpg., which we thought to be great considering the 2300 pound tag-along load. Our truck is 1 year old this month and couldn't be happier. At over 70 yrs. old we don't complain too much, I guess ā˜ŗ

Sponsored

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

It's not to keep the underside "clean".
It's to improve aerodynamics probably give us 2-3 mpg on the highway.
šŸ˜Ž
You are right, but it is probably a dual purpose. Im replacing mine with skid plates eventually, so I got 3 uses!

Mike215

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is all very interesting information. I ordered my Mav hybrid in June of 2021 and received it in October of 2022. So far only have 700 miles on it and it seems ok. I received it with 42 miles on it with a green sticker saying it was randomly pulled for QC inspection and so far the quality seems pretty good. You can see where Ford cut costs but I knew what I was getting when I bought it. I wanted the utility, MPGs and higher ride height.

I am most concerned with reliability. I can do some work myself but right now I do not have a lot of spare time and cannot afford to have a car in the shop all the time. I have been a long time Honda owner (14 of them), never had a bad one, and tend to keep them for 200k miles. If Honda had a similar vehicle I would have bought the Honda.

So I am keeping a close watch on the forums to see what issues crop up. Right now only issue I am aware of is the hard braking issue at 3 mph which should be resolved this month with a software update. Overall I am quite pleased but still in the honeymoon stage.

OneAlienBoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You should visit the Tesla forums some time. Same complaints on a vehicle that cost 3X as much. Unless you are willing to spend the money on a hand-built Bentley or Rolls, you are going to get a mass-produced vehicle with mass-produced quality. They literally just don't make them like they used to.
True, they make them far better. The maverick just like every other new car will last practically forever of taken care of. Cars in the 70s only last 6.8 years on average. That's basically the age of our explorer now and it's never had a single part replaced, not even the wiper blades lol. Things are built to last now, customers are smart now. Two things that could never be said 50 years ago.

OneAlienBoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The level of expectations some of you folks have of your entry level Ford Maverick pickups never ceases to amaze me. I didn't buy my Maverick and expect it to have the component fit and finish of the Lamborghini Urus. If you want the same disappointment you are knit picking your Maverick about buy a Mercedes vehicle for a small fortune. I paid four times the price of my Maverick for a 2011 Mercedes SL55 AMG and got rid of it after 3 years with under 50,000 miles. I knew I couldn't afford to keep it on the road after the warranty expired. Same with my Mercedes GL550.
On the other hand I sold my 2000 Ford Ranger 4X4 XLT with 140,000 miles on it and upgraded to my Maverick with similar equipment. You know; I forgot to look for problems with my Ranger or I may have sold it the same year I bought it.
I am sorry if I hurt anyone's feelings, but I have a few defects myself like being honest with and forgiving of people.
Enjoy your Mavericks folks !
It's absurd is what it is. People bitch at ford, yet my grandparents had a gen 1 explorer that was flawless for 18 years and counting when someone totaled it. Our 2017 explorer to date is more reliable than any Toyota/Honda/Nissan we've ever owned. Our maverick has been flawless in the month we bought it, that already makes it more reliable than like half of the people I know who bought Hondas. Fun fact, was talking with a co-worker, and the least reliable cars owned by both our families were Honda civics, he owned his for 30 mins, had issues and returned it. My father had his for a few days, engine broke, never bought a Honda since. Hates Honda almost as much as Subaru.

icegradner

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

It's actually recycled plastic, according to Ford.

Our 2017 explorer to date is more reliable than any Toyota/Honda/Nissan we've ever owned
You must have got some real lemons. Feel for you, never had issues with my Toyotas. So far other than the constant low battery the Maverick is fine too. Then again my Toyotas were older, with way more use, Ford Maverick, we'll see. Sometimes I think how people drive, and maintain their vehicles plays a key roll in how long they last.

Sponsored

BuddyS

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 R Design & 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

So hopefully i can add a little useful info to this thread. I went outside to look and am happy to report that my Mav has some sort of foam piece as an insulator between the body and the front fender, so you can't see though into the engine compartment as you can with the OP's truck. Mine is a late September build, XLT with Lux package.

Ford Maverick Anyone else unimpressed by the build quality? Some examples inside IMG_0770

RLader

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Royce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BB Bronco Sport
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Build quality? Not just maverick. Most makes and models.
1. supply chain issues
2. Like every other occupational field out there. The labor pool sucks and most places hire you if you walk and talk with little to no skill.
Sad state of the world that our leaders put us in, ainā€™t it a bitch
My 2014 F150 did not have fender well covers. They were an extra cost feature. In seven years I had no problems caused by lack of them. Was surprised when my Bronco Sport had them. Then learned they were paper.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Well thats good of em. Still sucks for offroaders. Maybe it cam be beefed up a bit plastidip or bedliner and some fiberglass resin.

Mike215

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

You must have got some real lemons. Feel for you, never had issues with my Toyotas. So far other than the constant low battery the Maverick is fine too. Then again my Toyotas were older, with way more use, Ford Maverick, we'll see. Sometimes I think how people drive, and maintain their vehicles plays a key roll in how long they last.
Have to agree with you here. I may not always wash my cars but they are always meticulously mechanically maintained. Plus I am easy on things. Some people are just hard on things, they slam doors, don't change oil, skimp out on services until the very last minute. I think it is hard to get a bad car these days. If you change the oil, rotate the tires, be wary of potholes and drive carefully these little trucks should be fine. My last Accord had 187k miles before I got rear ended and I definitely could have gotten another 50-100K out of it with basic maintenance. Driver seat was showing some wear but I bought a pleather seat cover on Amazon and it looked fine. If you treat your vehicles well they should treat you well.

Sgthell

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XL AWD Maverick, 2022 Toyota Corolla Hybrid
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Getting ready to bring my Maverick in to the dealer for some warranty work. Have a rattle in the dash and the driver corner front bumper has pulled away from the body. Looks like a retainer in the plastic bumper has failed or popped out. Have 1200 pampered miles on the truck. Anybody else have front bumper fit up issues?
Sponsored