First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 VW ID.4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So on 12/10 I get a text from an unknown number that says "Hello John your Maverick has been built and has left the plant. Next stop is Nogales, AZ". I sort of ignored it thinking it was an automated text.

Today I get another one: "Your Maverick has arrived at Nogales, AZ. Next stop is Portland, OR."

I am not quite sure who is sending these. I texted a "thanks" back but got no response, so I am thinking it is automated.

If it is actually my salesman doing this, I need to recommend him for salesman of the year.
Sponsored

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Dealers now have a tracking system that gives them level of detail. Could it possibly be coming from someone at your dealership? That’s my best guess.

I haven’t heard anything about FORD providing that level of information.

Let us know if/when you find out.

Reality Take 2

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid CPA at home Jan 4th
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've been getting updates from Ford and Ford's tracking site, but no-- nothing like this. We have 2 Maverick Hybrids that have been shipped.

One was shipped on the 10th and the other on the 15th-- no communication since that notice. Expected arrival is between the 5th and the 11th and between the 10th and the 16th. We're going to contact the dealer right at the end of this year or the beginning of next to see if we can get more info.

Shakesbear

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
J. R.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat AWD, FX4, 4K, Lux, no CP360 assist
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
No text info from anyone but my salesman, but nothing that detailed. Mostly just responses to my inquiries.

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'll almost guarantee it is someone at the dealership going above and beyond by sending you the updates. Doubt it is automated. I would reply with a "Thanks, but just to confirm, are you from xxxx dealership? If so, I'm going to nominate you for salesperson of the year". I am sure they will identify themselves after that. Haha.

Sponsored

Atlas747

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Suburban, '23 Mav XL 2.0 (Est Build 11/28)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I got something similar, my dealer let me know it was coming. It's an automated tracking system (VIN View) that is supposed to update you where the vehicle is. That being said, I got the first automated text on the 13th (now 17th) and haven't heard a peep since. ETA 1/5

daddio211

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hot rods, Jeeps, boats
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I got something similar, my dealer let me know it was coming. It's an automated tracking system (VIN View) that is supposed to update you where the vehicle is. That being said, I got the first automated text on the 13th (now 17th) and haven't heard a peep since. ETA 1/5
Is this it? https://www.freightverify.com/vinview

Atlas747

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Suburban, '23 Mav XL 2.0 (Est Build 11/28)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That’s what I believe it is.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Dealers now have a tracking system that gives them level of detail. Could it possibly be coming from someone at your dealership? That’s my best guess.

I haven’t heard anything about FORD providing that level of information.

Let us know if/when you find out.
I was at my local dealer yesterday for F-150 service and popped in on my sales guy. He says "look at this: we got a new updated visibility tool with a lot more detail". He pulled a random VIN off his list of expected incoming deliveries and it showed him a detailed map of progress of that vehicle and every stop along the way with details on that stop. It was like the basic "distance between cities" type topographical map in color with customizable view. He was still learning what it could do but didn't mention anything about automatic updates by text or email. Every little bit helps...

OP
OP

Jatrax

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 VW ID.4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There is a huge thread on here about how incommunicative Ford is with shipping and so on. Guess maybe Ford was aware there was a problem and was working to fix it. I think it is pretty awesome so far.

Sponsored

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was at my local dealer yesterday for F-150 service and popped in on my sales guy. He says "look at this: we got a new updated visibility tool with a lot more detail". He pulled a random VIN off his list of expected incoming deliveries and it showed him a detailed map of progress of that vehicle and every stop along the way with details on that stop. It was like the basic "distance between cities" type topographical map in color with customizable view. He was still learning what it could do but didn't mention anything about automatic updates by text or email. Every little bit helps...
Yeah, FordVideoGuy has shown it live a few times. I get confused with what he has shown on his members only stream/videos versus his public one, so I don't want to post screenshots. But it does appear to be pretty neat. Other than some weird backwards travel that the "map" seems to show for some of the trucks he tracked. Showed them going backwards if you follow the timestamps, etc....

OP
OP

Jatrax

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 VW ID.4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Update on this. I just got another text. It is indeed my salesman updating me when he gets updates from Ford. He was off work for a few days so just now responded to my "who is this?" text. I do not know where he is getting the information.

Now that is what customer service looks like. Thanks Marty!!!
Sponsored