Sponsored

Anybody else getting a +10% of MSRP charge?

Phil Skinn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Fusion Titanium
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Track down a relative, friend or neighbor with a connection to Ford who can get you an A/Z plan pin. The A plan price is printed on the window sticker along with the MSRP. Dealer has always had to stick to that A plan price for those who qualify. I am hoping that they will not find a way to add a market adjustment to that price.

tonyfall1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered a new Ford Maverick from my dealership. But they informed me that they add a 10% charge on top of any order. Is that a normal thing or should I go to a different dealership?
I just ordered today, no surcharge or down payment. I believe the dealerships are limited to ordering for themselves so keep in mind if you backed out, they would actually benefit cause they can then turn around and sell it.

Aza

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

So yeah, I tried talking to the dealer about getting my deposit back, unfortunately they do have it on paper that the deposit is nonrefundable even though the vehicle doesn’t have a VIN yet. What a way to screw veterans on veterans day haha. At this point, I decided to cut my ties with this dealership, they can accept that 1k donation from me, but I refuse to deal with them anymore.
How did you pay the deposit? Cash or credit card? If credit card, contact the card company and dispute the charge. It’s worth a shot, I mean it’s $1000 of your money.

OP
OP

JFelix168

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
I just ordered today, no surcharge or down payment. I believe the dealerships are limited to ordering for themselves so keep in mind if you backed out, they would actually benefit cause they can then turn around and sell it.
Anybody know if I should get charged 3k for the 500A equipment group? The ford estimate online lists it as 0 because it’s the standard lariat equipment. But the dealership estimate adds 3305 to the Lariat trim level…does that make sense?

Sponsored

Deleted member 6544

Anybody know if I should get charged 3k for the 500A equipment group? The ford estimate online lists it as 0 because it’s the standard lariat equipment. But the dealership estimate adds 3305 to the Lariat trim level…does that make sense?
Man oh man. Put this asshole dealers name on here so no-one else has to put up with their crap. 500A IS the Lariat package for God's sake!!!!

AnchorChain

First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 XLT, 2019 Rav4
So yeah, I tried talking to the dealer about getting my deposit back, unfortunately they do have it on paper that the deposit is nonrefundable even though the vehicle doesn’t have a VIN yet. What a way to screw veterans on veterans day haha. At this point, I decided to cut my ties with this dealership, they can accept that 1k donation from me, but I refuse to deal with them anymore.
I’d reach out to ford customer care about this.

Deleted member 6544

5F86B21E-E46C-4FA1-96F6-F22C1A231DF4.jpeg

so this doesn’t look good?
It looks like you're being charged extra because you can't have the off road package without awd. That adds $3020. As the fella above said I'd talk with Ford.

Sponsored
OP
OP

JFelix168

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
I 'built' your build and came up with the same price of $32985. They just seem to be calling packages differently
Yeah, it’s the quote I got from the Pensacola dealership, I actually did manage to get my deposit back from Gary’ Smith Ford in Fort Walton Beach, so I guess all is good now.

Aza

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Yeah, it’s the quote I got from the Pensacola dealership, I actually did manage to get my deposit back from Gary’ Smith Ford in Fort Walton Beach, so I guess all is good now.
Glad you got your deposit back!

Deleted member 6544

Awesome! Good for you. I had a dealer in my city charging roughly the same 10% above MSRP. I called a dealer approx. 25 minutes away and they said they were staying with MSRP. I went down last Friday ordered and gave a $500 deposit. And a bonus was the salesperson is young and hot 😁 !
Sponsored