Sponsored

Anybody else getting a +10% of MSRP charge?

AUsomTiger

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1, 2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

ToothGrinder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Most important things I think about ordering this truck is to get a purchase order with your build details and price signed. If you can put a deposit down that should help lock you in.

OTACORB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Oxford White Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yeah, they don't care if you walk. They will sell it to someone else. But I agree, I'd hit the road jack.

Darksider

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two
Just out of curiosity.. How do you cancel an order if your dealer wont cancel?

Sponsored

MaverickTime

Banned
Banned
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Ranger
I ordered a new Ford Maverick from my dealership. But they informed me that they add a 10% charge on top of any order. Is that a normal thing or should I go to a different dealership?
Dealership really screwing you over. Many high volume dealers are giving 3 or 4% UNDER DEALER LIST PRICE. My deal was 4% under at Chapman in Philly with no money down. A local Ford dealer tried a similar stunt with me and I walked out and told him to shove the truck up his butt sideways.
Philly is 2 hrs away but for the savings its worth it to me. The hype will be over soon, dont fall victim to the crooks out there. Great deals can be made, take your time and look up who the major players are, Chapman, Long McArthur, etc. Good Luck

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I feel like I’m a little fucked since I already placed the deposit and order down :(
You’re only fd if you quit before you try.

Did they say it was non refundable? If not they should give it back. And if you don’t have a build date yet can easily cancel It. Don’t let them fool you, they aren’t out anything if you cancel. Raise the issue to the sales manager and GM.

If you can’t get it back at all. Ask if you can spend it on parts and stuff.

Talk to a probono lawyer to take on your civil suite. A well written letter from a lawyer and your money should find its way to your bank account.

Do a credit card charge back. And please don’t tell me you put cash down.

drive you current car into their lobby and do burn outs

Last edited:

James St. Patrick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD MAVERICK Velocity Blue Ecoboost AWD
Ford Maverick Anybody else getting a +10% of MSRP charge? 901ECDBB-C7FA-4475-8EFD-92CF84686C67

jtpc2021

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Do you think I can still cancel my order and get my deposit back?
I placed an order for msrp with a Refundable $200 deposit.

Whether the deposit is refundable or not depends on the dealer. Dealers who take non-refundable deposits on a hot item are trash.
Non-refundable deposits should only be for special orders that would present a risk of sitting on the lot for a long time if you were to back out (such as a lime-green custom porsche with standard wheels and a brown interior with purple stitching).

A Maverick poses no risk to the dealer, so deposit should be refundable.

jtpc2021

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Keep in mind you can also transfer your order to another dealer (so long as the deposit is refundable. If they try and keep your money, you could still transfer, but whether it is worth it depends on how much the deposit is versus markup).

Sponsored

mavhopefull

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 Mercedes Benz 300D Turbo
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I ordered a new Ford Maverick from my dealership. But they informed me that they add a 10% charge on top of any order. Is that a normal thing or should I go to a different dealership?
I'd say RUN not walk away from this dealer. I also ordered from Mullinax Ford in Kissimmee after coming across local dealers wanting to charge these crazy mark ups. They also deliver free of charge to anywhere in Florida. That works out for me as I'm about 2.5 hours away from them.

Evil2ltr

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Alto Blue Maverick XLT AWD
If you want one now, you are at the mercy of the crooks, err.. dealerships.

TooManyVehicles

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 F150 XLT, 21 BS Badlands, 22 Mav Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is such a sad sad thread.

First the OP comes and asks if it is normal to pay a 10% surcharge on a factory order. Then the OP tells us they already gave the stealership a down payment on such order.

OP, the price negotiated is based on supply and demand. Unfortunately for others out there, you paying 10% over MSRP only encourages bad behavior by the dealers who are trying to maximize their profit. Such is the law of the jungle.

Stories like these make me want to put off buying any new (or used) vehicle. There will come a time when demand isn't so robust and supply so constrained. Those times weren't so forever ago, I purchased my 2015 F150 at 23% off of MSRP! New, with 0.9% APR (so cheap I did that instead of cash.)

OTOH I think inflation isn't so "transitory" so that suggests buying things that are likely to continue going up in prices earlier rather than later. On that front I'm betting considerably bigger $ in terms of investments (in terms of inflation "hedged" stocks, precious metals and other investments) than my Maverick purchase.

If my (mythical) Hybrid order ever comes in at my negotiated x% under invoice price, I will consider myself lucky.

jwilson

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PENDING MAV XLT/Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
lime-green custom porsche with standard wheels and a brown interior with purple stitching
This sounds HOT. Where did you see this on a lot? Might have to make a trip...

OP
OP

JFelix168

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
This is such a sad sad thread.

First the OP comes and asks if it is normal to pay a 10% surcharge on a factory order. Then the OP tells us they already gave the stealership a down payment on such order.

OP, the price negotiated is based on supply and demand. Unfortunately for others out there, you paying 10% over MSRP only encourages bad behavior by the dealers who are trying to maximize their profit. Such is the law of the jungle.

Stories like these make me want to put off buying any new (or used) vehicle. There will come a time when demand isn't so robust and supply so constrained. Those times weren't so forever ago, I purchased my 2015 F150 at 23% off of MSRP! New, with 0.9% APR (so cheap I did that instead of cash.)

OTOH I think inflation isn't so "transitory" so that suggests buying things that are likely to continue going up in prices earlier rather than later. On that front I'm betting considerably bigger $ in terms of investments (in terms of inflation "hedged" stocks, precious metals and other investments) than my Maverick purchase.

If my (mythical) Hybrid order ever comes in at my negotiated x% under invoice price, I will consider myself lucky.
So yeah, I tried talking to the dealer about getting my deposit back, unfortunately they do have it on paper that the deposit is nonrefundable even though the vehicle doesn’t have a VIN yet. What a way to screw veterans on veterans day haha. At this point, I decided to cut my ties with this dealership, they can accept that 1k donation from me, but I refuse to deal with them anymore.
Sponsored