Sponsored

Anyone Disappointed With Their Maverick? If so, why?

Gmood1

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
G-man
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Optima
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The only regret I can think of is that the EcoBoost owners put in an order for their Mav when gas was $2/gallon cheaper and now want the Hybrid.
No, I didn't buy this vehicle just to save gas. I actually wanted to have a little fun with it as well.šŸ˜‚

My 10 year old hybrid and the eco boost get roughly the same mpg on the hwy.
No regrets in that area at all.
Honestly, I'd have regretted getting the hybrid.šŸ¤£
Sponsored

Samus L. Jackson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
The only regret I can think of is that the EcoBoost owners put in an order for their Mav when gas was $2/gallon cheaper and now want the Hybrid.
That thought crossed my mind. I wanted a truck, but trucks are so got-damned expensive, I can't justify the expense unless it's a Maverick. Even the Santa Cruz is pricey.

But that's the thing, I want a truck, even if it's a small one. Ecoboost/AWD/4k tow will probably scratch that itch for me without completely breaking the bank.

But man...if these are the new gas prices forever...I may regret it. This is bonkers.

MightyMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The only real "disappointment" I have that many have already had is the easily scratchable plastics. There's already a gouge on the passenger side b-pillar from the seat belt buckle. That's not only a design flaw for the Maverick but a design flaw for most vehicles. Look at any used vehicle on the b-pillar and there's guaranteed to be several scratches from the buckle or from finger nails scratching against the panel to grab the seat belt. Buckles should be made of a rubber material and not hard plastic to preserve that panel. I'm sure it would cost more but would be worth it aesthetically.

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No disappointments to report at this time. I wish the FE had come with a better tonneau cover but it's doing a decent job for now.
Maybe sell the cover to some one local and buy a better one? Which one did you get?

PCL

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline (stopped waiting on Maverick)
Buckles should be made of a rubber material and not hard plastic to preserve that panel. I'm sure it would cost more but would be worth it aesthetically.
They might have concerns beyond aesthetics when designing seat belt buckles! ;)

Sponsored

New2AZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX Hatchback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Angry Hippo

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Hot Pepper Red, FX4, 4k Tow
I don't have my Maverick just quite yet (another week or two!), but I'm disappointed the vehicle does not have turn signal lights in the side mirrors.

I think it wouldn't have costed that much more to do and I'm all for more visibility/safety in a world where half the drivers are spending more time looking at their phones than the road.

Should have at least came with the co-pilot360 package seeing as they were already wired up anyways for the BLIS (blindspot detector)

CA$H

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
CASH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FORD MAVERICK
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't have my Maverick just quite yet (another week or two!), but I'm disappointed the vehicle does not have turn signal lights in the side mirrors.

I think it wouldn't have costed that much more to do and I'm all for more visibility/safety in a world where half the drivers are spending more time looking at their phones than the road.

Should have at least came with the co-pilot360 package seeing as they were already wired up anyways for the BLIS (blindspot detector)
Yeah, I wish it had turn signals on the mirrors also. I don't know why the Brazil Mavericks has turn signals built into their mirrors and the American ones don't. I'm thinking about trying to find out how to order those Brazilian mirrors and installing them. I did this on my 2003 GMC 2500HD, bought some factory 2016 towing mirrors with the turn signals in them...worth a shot.

Sponsored

TC in MN

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mav XLT, CG, 2.0, AWD, Lux, tow, 360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Only having 150 miles on my Mav, so far, Iā€™m really enjoying it. I do miss the handling of the 2016 Escape 2.0, but having the bed has already come into play. The transmission is a bit apologetic in normal and eco modesā€¦.but the sport mode delivers authority. I think for $32k, a CG, 2.0 AWD, LUX, Pilot 360, Tow, block heater, full spare, Access roll up cover and alloy 17ā€ AT tires, the buy was right. Because of the inherent issue with all Gas Direct Injected engines, hopefully this weekend, Iā€™ll get Buchurā€™s oil catch can installedā€¦ā€¦and Iā€™m going to buy Fords ESP warranty ā€˜cause itā€™s the first year of production.

Mav2Scamp

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat FX4 4K tow,19 CRV EX-L
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'll be ticking over 4k miles later today and I'm still in love with this thing. I will admit that I've been thinking about selling to Carmax and putting that extra money for a down payment for a house. My only real grip with the truck is that I wish it had more features for its price point.

My girlfriend recently got a great deal on a pre-owned 2019 Crosstrek and the features it has for its price point blows the Mav out of the water. Heated seats, adaptive cruise control, rear parking sensors, hell of alot better backup camera etc. These are some things that I wish my XLT Maverick had for what I paid for it (features in my sig). But at the same time this truck has been fantastic to drive and the right size for my use. Don't get me wrong, I love this truck but I wish ford had added a bit more features for what I paid.
If your planning on buying a house you better keep your Maverick because itā€™s a homeowners dream. Sell it than buy house you will never stop kicking yourselfā€¦.I guarantee it.

r100gs91

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cactus Grey Hybrid- XLT w/Lux-2021 BMW F900xr
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Mmmm, been waiting so long I can't complain about what I don't have.

Last edited:

aquaj13

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford maverick lariat awd
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I received my XLT LUX (SIBL), Hybrid, 360, Alto Blue two weeks ago, and I am extremely happy with the truck so far. My fiancee has a 2021 Crosstrek Limited, and both our cars occupy around the same price point. I will concede that her car feels more high-end, with the leather and adaptive cruise control and stuff. However, I still feel like both cars are 100% worth what we paid for them. While I might not have adaptive cruise control or AWD, I have 120-volt ac outlets and a much smoother transmission, and I also have a lot more available utility, having the truck bed. I also get better fuel economy, so the price I pay for gas will offset the price of the truck, especially since I drive 650-1000 miles a week!
I have a loaded lariat and itā€™s nicer than my wifeā€™s loaded cross trek
Sponsored