Sponsored

Anyone Disappointed With Their Maverick? If so, why?

Angry Hippo

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Hot Pepper Red, FX4, 4k Tow
Threads get rehashed. Already asked questions will be asked. It's a thing. Deal with it.

I (and I'm sure the OP) would rather get new, fresh viewpoints and more opportunities to engage with other Maverick users by starting a new thread. Plenty can be gained from using the search feature but it's very unfriendly to reply to questions with the only answer being provided is 'search'.

If it's a topic you're bored or uninterested with you're not obligated to read the thread nor reply to it.

Please correct me if I'm out of line. I may have missed the list of "Approved" thread topics.

Another thread just to make a thread.
There is an awesome search engine on this forum that can get you all your answers. When in doubt search👍
Sponsored

YOBY

First Name
Yoby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV 4 / 2022 Maverick Lariat
I doubt the guy with the blown transmission, or the one with the blown engine, are thrilled. Both of those were posts I've seen here on this forum, but don't have links handy.

There have been numerous other complaints, such rattling hoods, loud engine noise, lack or insulation between cab and bed, lack of barrier to prevent salt and mud from being kicked up into rear tail light area on driver's side, etc.

So, I think it's safe to say the Maverick is not a perfect vehicle and is not batting 1.000 on reliability or customer satisfaction.

That said, the VAST majority of owners certainly seem pleased, and I remain enthusiastic about purchasing my truck should Ford ever build it.

All these things are normal for all new vehicles. Even transmission and engine problems occur. Just about every manufacturer has some sort of class action lawsuit for transmission and engine failures. It's usually caused by one, not to spec part, that gets by quality control. Something we have to live with on just about anything we buy now a days.

WannaMav

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thus far the only thing vaguely qualifying as a disappointment is that since driving it to the domicile for the first time this past Monday it has been patiently parked in the garage as I've got nowhere pressing to go. One of the perquisites of retirement.

Sponsored

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Disappointed overall? No.

Disappointed that I was right about the questionable interior (poor fit, easily scratched plastics), even on the Lariat?

Yeah.

YOBY

First Name
Yoby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Whatever vehicle you decide on, remember you may be required to live in it someday. ;)

YOBY

First Name
Yoby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thus far the only thing vaguely qualifying as a disappointment is that since driving it to the domicile for the first time this past Monday it has been patiently parked in the garage as I've got nowhere pressing to go. One of the perquisites of retirement.
Your either single or your wife has a car, because my wife has me running around all week long.
You know the normal things like Doctor, Dentist, groceries and grandkids, etc.

Platinum2

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'll be ticking over 4k miles later today and I'm still in love with this thing. I will admit that I've been thinking about selling to Carmax and putting that extra money for a down payment for a house. My only real grip with the truck is that I wish it had more features for its price point.

My girlfriend recently got a great deal on a pre-owned 2019 Crosstrek and the features it has for its price point blows the Mav out of the water. Heated seats, adaptive cruise control, rear parking sensors, hell of alot better backup camera etc. These are some things that I wish my XLT Maverick had for what I paid for it (features in my sig). But at the same time this truck has been fantastic to drive and the right size for my use. Don't get me wrong, I love this truck but I wish ford had added a bit more features for what I paid.
Well, considering her car is 3 years old you're not even comparing apples to apples. One generally gets more features buying a used car than what they would typically receive at the same price point on a new vehicle. You can't take that away from the Maverick. It's how the used car market works. She got more because she bought used.

That Subaru probably had an MSRP of $27K+ optioned that way. For that money, you could do the same to the Maverick and at least have a truck.

Sponsored

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Shoot, my retirement plan involves frequent trips to the lake.

Sirslayer

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have almost 8,000 miles on my Ecoboost AWD XL and the few issues I’ve encountered are the rattling noise when the engine is cold, the paint easily chips at the front of the vehicle and the brake pedal drops or makes an odd noise when you use auto stop and the availability of stock tires or parts in the Southern California area

New2AZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX Hatchback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No disappointments to report at this time. I wish the FE had come with a better tonneau cover but it's doing a decent job for now.
Sponsored