Sponsored

antenna assembly conversion

Leon Hogan

2.5L Hybrid
Active member
First Name
Leon
Joined
Jun 3, 2026
Threads
3
Messages
38
Reaction score
59
Location
north central Texas
Vehicle(s)
2026 xlt hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
has anyone swapped out the huge assembly for a much smaller compact antenna assembly?
the gen 4 escape has a much smaller fin and does not have a 13" rod sticking out the back and from looking at diagrams and part images it looks like the plugs are compatable and the mounting base looks the same.
Sponsored

 

Retro1

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
First Name
Jon
Joined
Aug 21, 2026
Threads
1
Messages
81
Reaction score
122
Location
Inverness, FL
Vehicle(s)
2026 Maverick hybrid; 2023 RAV4 hybrid; 1970 Cougar 351C
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Gee, I bet this has never been discussed previously.
Search is your friend.....
In Leon Hogan's defense (although admittedly another newbie; but not new to forums): the search feature here is NOT very effective. Normally takes you to threads of ramble only moderately pertinent to the subject searched.
 

Sponsored

Manning

2.0L EcoBoost
Well-known member
First Name
Mike
Joined
Jan 1, 2026
Threads
2
Messages
71
Reaction score
85
Location
Northwest Arkansas
Vehicle(s)
2025 Lobo low
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs
 
I'd love to get rid of the giant shark fin too, but I'm sure I'd balk at the price tag.

I'm sure there's a good reason it's so big or Ferd wouldn't have done it.
 

SlowTime2011

2.0L EcoBoost
Well-known member
First Name
Edward
Joined
Sep 18, 2022
Threads
1
Messages
135
Reaction score
123
Location
Charlotte, NC
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT EB LUX
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I normally like a stubby antenna. But the reception is so horrible in my truck I don't dare change it. On a cloudy day I have quite a bit of static and stations fade in and out most of the time. Real POS it is.
 

Cherokee

2.0L EcoBoost
Well-known member
First Name
Marty
Joined
Jan 3, 2025
Threads
67
Messages
4,738
Reaction score
9,403
Location
North Carolina
Vehicle(s)
2026 Ford Maverick Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’m in the Appalachian mountains and using Sirius so I get near perfect reception with the stock antenna.
 
Last edited:

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
First Name
Tom
Joined
Jan 9, 2022
Threads
64
Messages
5,695
Reaction score
6,322
Location
SoCal
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
maybe you should pay attention, not just the am/ fm, the whole damned thing I did search and after 3 pages of stubby talk I gave up on that.
I don't think the subject of replacing the entire unit has ever come up on this forum. Not sure I see any advantages of doing that which is probably why your searches came up empty. What kind of problem are you having with the OEM unit?
 
Sponsored
OP
OP

Leon Hogan

2.5L Hybrid
Active member
First Name
Leon
Joined
Jun 3, 2026
Threads
3
Messages
38
Reaction score
59
Location
north central Texas
Vehicle(s)
2026 xlt hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't think the subject of replacing the entire unit has ever come up on this forum. Not sure I see any advantages of doing that which is probably why your searches came up empty. What kind of problem are you having with the OEM unit?
only problem I have with the stock antenna assembly is its size,my previous vehicle was a 21 escape and it had a much smaller antenna assembly and no rod sticking out. looking at pictures the connector looks to be compatable but I found some info that the escape uses the rear window defroster for AM/FM reception but I have not yet confirmed that data. I have discovered that installing a stubby antenna in place of the 13" stock one does not apear to effect FM or AM reception but it does greatly reduce range of the fob. you have to get much closer to remotely lock or unlock or start thasn you do with the stock long antenna rod.
 

Retro1

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
First Name
Jon
Joined
Aug 21, 2026
Threads
1
Messages
81
Reaction score
122
Location
Inverness, FL
Vehicle(s)
2026 Maverick hybrid; 2023 RAV4 hybrid; 1970 Cougar 351C
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have discovered that installing a stubby antenna in place of the 13" stock one does not apear to effect FM or AM reception but it does greatly reduce range of the fob. you have to get much closer to remotely lock or unlock or start thasn you do with the stock long antenna rod.
Now THAT is interesting.....
 

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
First Name
James
Joined
Sep 24, 2021
Threads
2
Messages
8,788
Reaction score
6,458
Location
Texas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
only problem I have with the stock antenna assembly is its size,my previous vehicle was a 21 escape and it had a much smaller antenna assembly and no rod sticking out. looking at pictures the connector looks to be compatable but I found some info that the escape uses the rear window defroster for AM/FM reception but I have not yet confirmed that data. I have discovered that installing a stubby antenna in place of the 13" stock one does not apear to effect FM or AM reception but it does greatly reduce range of the fob. you have to get much closer to remotely lock or unlock or start thasn you do with the stock long antenna rod.
Usually the short distance from fob to truck problem is the battery in the fob is getting weak needing replacement. Also coins or stuff in pocket will affect distance for unlock door.
Sponsored

 
  • Like
Reactions: Dad
 







Top